Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    What was Blizzard's main reason for having a character cap? Just curious.
    Technical overload.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I don't know at which point of the discussion we switched from Blizzard to your personal needs to upload your resume on a PDF file
    The moment you responded maybe? Hur dur?

  3. #83
    The mind of an altaholic is an enigma. I would know, I'm sitting on 45 alts, just because I like leveling them.

    I wish they would, but I doubt they will, they already stated that they won't, and for people to delete alts.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

    "May the Goddess smile upon you."

    "Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

  4. #84
    Brewmaster Fat Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Paddy's Pub
    Posts
    1,377
    when i hit the 50 cap most of my alts were just to save names on other realms

  5. #85
    Blizzard already responded to this, and the answer was along the lines of: "bring proof that you play all 50 characters on an active and regular basis and we will consider it, otherwise nope"

    And no, bringing those alts out just to increase your chances at mount drops doesn't count as active gameplay.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Of course you personally won't explode the servers. But you times 4 million, yeah maybe.
    oh look, more manufactured bullshit.

    Your point was that paying an extra $15 was justified because, as an individual, you would be adding strain to the servers. Here you're effectively ceding the stupidity of that argument, and replacing it with another equally stupid argument. Of course you personally won't have a noticeable effect, because sixteen characters is beyond fucking negligible in terms of server capacity. But if four million other people did then whoo boy, that might actually have an effect.

    So let's recap. The infinitesimal effect me rolling another server's worth of toons would have on the game's stability is not a good basis for your argument. I could have the same effect on server stability by rolling toons on a free account. Your go-to number for what would be a problem is the entire playerbase, when most of them aren't even at the account limit. And even if half that many people suddenly wanted to roll an extra twenty toons each, it would behoove Blizzard to provide their paying customers the service they apparently demand.

    It's a non-fucking-issue.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so you are basickly proving my point thank you unless in your mind 21<20
    Your post came across as if everyone who has played over 5 years will definitively have more than 20 character, I've played for 12 and only barely have over 20 so your statement is not definitive at all.
    SIG: Speciation Is Gradual

  8. #88
    To this day I'm baffled as to why anyone would need more than 50 character slots, and that's coming from someone with 15-20 toons at max level and a number under that level.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    To this day I'm baffled as to why anyone would need more than 50 character slots, and that's coming from someone with 15-20 toons at max level and a number under that level.
    because allied races - thats main reason - as someone who has atm 41 toons im still ok for BfA but then ? seeing how allied races are pretty big hit im gonna be full on chars after BfA

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    You should consider deleting alts you don't play anymore if this is a real problem for you. Noone actively plays 50 characters.
    Exactly my thoughts.

    On the other hand, WoD was an easy gold maker expansion, with easy leveling. I know a guy (he is real, I talked to him, he is on my friend list), who had 2x50=100 level100 characters across 2 accounts back in WoD, and ofc he could buy subscription for years, because of the crazy amount of gold he made from garrisons (also the token was like 40-60k (EU), not ~300k as nowadays).

  11. #91
    If possible i'd delete some characters that are under level 30 ish (surely there are at least a few) and failing that just find some characters that you that you have no real attachment to or that you know you are unlikely to ever play again (perhaps because they are on a very dead realm). I understand that some of those characters that belonged to you sister might have some attachment even if you aren't going to play them.

    I don't want to be 1 of those guys just questioning why you have so many characters without giving practical advice in the event that the character cap doesn't get removed / increased.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Yeah, we all know Blizzard's servers are perfectly fine.

    Stop saying that a data stored somewhere doesn't take space. Of course you personally won't explode the servers. But you times 4 million, yeah maybe. Not everything on Earth revolves around you (sorry for the bad news).

    The inactive accounts/chars "for years" are in archives. Just try to connect a one-year-inactive account, you'll see the time it needs to retrieve your data. Because it is stored somewhere else.
    Do you think Blizzard would have fun archiving stuff if there was no space problem ?
    I know we're in 2018, but guess what, even in 2018 we're using normal computers/servers and not quantum/magic ones.
    We're using significantly more powerful hardware than during the peak of WoW's subscriber count, but only have half as many players(and that's being generous). Hardware is not the limitation. It's almost certainly some sort of software limitation that they can't be bothered fixing(which is fair enough, just stop pretending it's something else)

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because allied races - thats main reason - as someone who has atm 41 toons im still ok for BfA but then ? seeing how allied races are pretty big hit im gonna be full on chars after BfA
    Surely some of those are characters you literally haven't touched in years (perhaps beyond logging them for holiday boss mount chances) or are very low level (perhaps just reserving names). For example I have a level 30 horde druid that I haven't played in about 6 years that's on a dead realm where I don't know a single person... If I ran out of character slots I could delete that character without any loss.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    Why would you even have 50 characters when all the classes are 12, this is crazy
    A lot of those players do nothing but level toons. It's how they enjoy the game.

    Someone might argue for them to get a 2nd account, but that would just complicate things. Imagine needing to send crafting mats in bulk from one account to another. While both accounts are yours, you would still have to wait 1 hour for it to transfer over.

    Having something like a 25 character limit expansion available in the in game store or a small monthly fee for an increased limit would be a nice idea.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    A lot of those players do nothing but level toons. It's how they enjoy the game.

    Someone might argue for them to get a 2nd account, but that would just complicate things. Imagine needing to send crafting mats in bulk from one account to another. While both accounts are yours, you would still have to wait 1 hour for it to transfer over.

    Having something like a 25 character limit expansion available in the in game store or a small monthly fee for an increased limit would be a nice idea.
    You don't actually have to wait an hour, they're still on the same battle.net account. It does complicate things like maintaining addon profiles/settings and just keeping track of characters in general, however. Not to mention doubling your monthly costs.

  16. #96
    Scarab Lord Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    4,584
    Same situation as with hunter pets. They keep adding new unique ones and not raising the caps. They should just upgrade them both.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •