Thread: Any ETA yet?

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Any ETA yet?

Or in general any real news since the announcement?

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope #tenchars
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

2020 maybe late 2019

I feel like it will be "soon"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teslac0il View Post
    Or in general any real news since the announcement?
    SoonTM

And some more letters..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They’ll never release it with a risk of drawing peolpe from the main game. It will most likely release during the end of BFA.

Based on their philosophy with allied races so far, I bet you need to buy BFA and then go through a CoT dungeon and grind rep with the bronze drakes to exalted to unlock time travel before you can play classic

I don't think there has been any news on the subject since its announcement and following Q&A's. If I were to guess, we shouldn't expect it before 2019. I imagine 2019's Blizzcon (or perhaps Gamescon) will have more news about it.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Based on their philosophy with allied races so far, I bet you need to buy BFA and then go through a CoT dungeon and grind rep with the bronze drakes to exalted to unlock time travel before you can play classic
    Since we're going with that, why not make it that, for every character you want on Classic, you first need to level that character to max level in the main game? Want an orc warrior on Classic? Level up an orc warrior (no boost) on the main game, max out Bronze Dragonflight rep, complete the scenario, then delete your orc warrior and you'll have a level 1 orc warrior on Classic. Now you want to make a troll shaman? Level up a troll shaman to max level, max out the rep, complete the scenario and delete your troll shaman on main to get a level 1 troll shaman on Classic. :P

I believe that after BFA release, maybe a month after, we will get an announcement that we will have an announcement about classic on blizzcon

Deleted
    As it’s mostly the technical issues to deal with, I think that They could be done this year in theory. However, that wouldn’t make sense if They Want ro spread out wow content, so I’d wage that they wait a bit until the end of BfA, then release it. Perhaps they will polish the graphics and technical stuffs a bit meanwhile, or just cut back on staff.

Blizzard is slacking with the classic info.

All I know is that I'm waiting patiently. I'll hold this boner for 10 more years if I have to.

Don't expect anything major before the release of BFA. Blizzard is all in on their new expansion which is their cash cow, the classic realms are secondary.

Most likely somewhere around the end of BfA so in two years time.

yes, next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I don't think there has been any news on the subject since its announcement and following Q&A's. If I were to guess, we shouldn't expect it before 2019. I imagine 2019's Blizzcon (or perhaps Gamescon) will have more news about it.

Since we're going with that, why not make it that, for every character you want on Classic, you first need to level that character to max level in the main game? Want an orc warrior on Classic? Level up an orc warrior (no boost) on the main game, max out Bronze Dragonflight rep, complete the scenario, then delete your orc warrior and you'll have a level 1 orc warrior on Classic. Now you want to make a troll shaman? Level up a troll shaman to max level, max out the rep, complete the scenario and delete your troll shaman on main to get a level 1 troll shaman on Classic. :P
    Now the delete stuff is just silly but besides that it is actually not as far fetched as you might think

you guys realize they could release classic in a number of weeks. I doubt they will worry about it canabalising BFA because a sub is still a sub its really just a matter of how quickly they make it.

making classic honestly wouldn't take that long imo maybe testing it and making it perfect might but people saying 2020 are crazy it will be a year tops.

Quote Originally Posted by He-man View Post
    you guys realize they could release classic in a number of weeks. I doubt they will worry about it canabalising BFA because a sub is still a sub its really just a matter of how quickly they make it.

making classic honestly wouldn't take that long imo maybe testing it and making it perfect might but people saying 2020 are crazy it will be a year tops.
    2020 is CRAZY! will never happen ever! but maybe 9 months before that....yeah....thats not crazy at all.

Releasing private server garbage version of vanilla wouldnt take very long for a company like blizzard, but that is not what we will be getting. We dont know much about it, but we know it is still a long way off, and we know when it is released, it will be up to blizzards typical high standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    any reason in first place why it isn't out yet, they have sc1 code, how the fuck exactly they don't have vanilla server source? if anything it is literally out everywhere
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    I believe that after BFA release, maybe a month after, we will get an announcement that we will have an announcement about classic on blizzcon
    This feels all too familiar with films/tv and video games. An announcement for an announcement, or a trailer for a trailer.