Thread: Any ETA yet?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Maybe this year, maybe next year, maybe the year after. Simply said, no one knows at this point. Even Blizzard themselves probably have no idea.

When are we most likely to experience content draught in BfA? Thinking from a sales and marketing standpoint, that would be good time to launch Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Saturday Nov 23, 2019

15-year anniversary
    Enough time to develop it
    Won't interfere with BfA launch
    Oh that sounds like good bet too. If we were buying squares or had office pool, I'd pick this one.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Teslac0il View Post
    Or in general any real news since the announcement?
    During the last BfA Q&A they mentioned that they had finished hiring and started development pretty much so it'll probably be a very long time until we see an alpha and get to give feedback. I think they understand that this is an important project and won't rush it.

Assuming Classic and retail will run on the same sub, there is no reason to wait for any content droughts. Blizz will get their money anyway and population and income charts for the shareholder will not be "drained".

That release could be tomorrow or in 5 years. But BFA or any other expansion wouldn't by logic affect the release date. Otherwise, Blizz would only release their other games or their other games major patches during lulls of eachother.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean we have had no information of what they are doing, let alone when they will release. I'd say we'll get some information on the next Blizzcon, beta after the 2019 Blizzcon and release at some point in 2020.
    The game will be released long before next Blizzcon comes around. you heard it here... July 2018.

It will be coming out tomorrow....

... someone will say one day.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    They’ll never release it with a risk of drawing peolpe from the main game. It will most likely release during the end of BFA.
    Why not? It's all revenue

I've been saying it since it was announced ... late 2019, during Vanilla's 15th anniversary. I really can't understand why this isn't the commonly-accepted launch, as it's the most obvious.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Based on their philosophy with allied races so far, I bet you need to buy BFA and then go through a CoT dungeon and grind rep with the bronze drakes to exalted to unlock time travel before you can play classic
    You just ruined my day,, ,,,
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Teslac0il View Post
    Or in general any real news since the announcement?
    I wouldn't expect any til blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    When are we most likely to experience content draught in BfA? Thinking from a sales and marketing standpoint, that would be good time to launch Classic.
    Content drought begins the day after launch when people see it's just legion 2.0. Classic launches July 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Content drought begins the day after launch when people see it's just legion 2.0. Classic launches July 2018.
    Either you are a troll or an idiot.....I can not decide.

Infracted
    Last edited by Venara; 2018-03-26 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I've been saying it since it was announced ... late 2019, during Vanilla's 15th anniversary. I really can't understand why this isn't the commonly-accepted launch, as it's the most obvious.
    Because there's absolutely 0 evidence to back up this speculation.

Probably during the end of BfA when the lul and sub drop off period happens.

Yes. April 1st.

For real, does this need a topic? I'm 100% certain if there was any news you'd see it front page or on the classic forums here. mfw people make +1 posts before reading. Takes less time to read/skim
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Why not? It's all revenue
    I mean, that poster doesn't make a whole lot of sense regardless, since Classic is mostly likely going to be a server type and not a separate game.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    This feels all too familiar with films/tv and video games. An announcement for an announcement, or a trailer for a trailer.
    Pretty sure he means they dont want to take any thunder away from the BFA release (which is clearly coming out first). There will be plenty of time to get the hype train rolling after BFA launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I mean, that poster doesn't make a whole lot of sense regardless, since Classic is mostly likely going to be a server type and not a separate game.
    It makes a huge difference actually. If they release the classic servers during a time when people would normally unsubscribe from the live version of the game they can probably get one, two or even three more months of subscription out of them. That's more money from subscriptions than the whole private server crowd could earn them in 10 years. The third crowd of returning players that aren't playing live or private servers have a limited life span, they'll play the game for X amount of months and then be fulfilled and quit the game so for them it won't matter when the game is launched.

Giving the retail crowd the ability to play both simultaneously "while they're hot" is essentially throwing money away.

this year blizzcon you will hear news about it, the launch of classic will be either, when competing mmo releases so big patch/expansion, or during content drought of bfa

15+ Year Old Account
    End of BfA drought, more than likely. Quite sad.