Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    Dungeon xp nerfs = slower leveling, they've nerfed dungeons not once but TWICE after the patch; and that's with the patch having brought quite a heavy nerf to dungeon quest xp and mob xp reductions. They increased the amount of xp to level, and reduced xp in a lot of spots; because now you wouldn't have to leave zones to keep questing.

They removed the RAF bonuses for anyone doing that from the patch and onwards, so even now if you RAF the max bonus is 50% extra xp.. The stealth removal of XP potion sources within the game, etc. Convenient that BFA comes with a 110 boost.

Everything in the last patch was designed to SLOW down leveling, push BFA pre-orders.
    Yeah, and not only is the XP nerfed but because it takes longer to kill mobs, you have two things dragging leveling down. I don't personally have a problem with 1-60. In fact, up til 65 it really isn't bad at all. Once you get to 65+ it starts slowing down significantly. I couldn't stand it and cheesed my way through that bracket by soloing BC heroics. I was getting a level per dungeon up to a certain point. I started a shadow priest, as well. At 55, it's taking me about 4-5 rotations to kill certain mobs one vs one. I am about to fall asleep playing that character. Blizzard has a habit of listening to feedback and then going way too far in one direction. They overcompensate. They just don't understand moderation. They want to do things correctly but they always over or under tune things. There are certain quests that are just plain broken. I'm also leveling a 25 warrior and just got done with the darkshire quest where you have to kill the abomination that attacks the town. In full heirloom armor, using every ability I have (including the 60% crit proc spell) I almost died killing it. I almost could not do it. Some mobs and some quests were not checked during the sweeping leveling changes.

A few things can be done that will fix the problems without pissing too many people off.

1) Mobs' healths need to be reduced a small amount based on time spent killed. It shouldn't take 4-5 rotations to kill a single mob outside of a dungeon.
    2) Add world quests to every single zone. This will help boost XP earned for those willing to do them and add something to do that breaks up the monotony of questing.
    3) Buff (to a small degree) the amount of XP mob kills give especially after 60.

The little baby that started this discussion here wants numbers even though he ignores them, so here's some info:

I was on my 75 warrior in outland (different warrior). I grabbed and completed about 10-12 quests each giving 4k-10k experience. I started doing that at about 50% xp to next level. When I turned them all in, I was at 70% to next level. I spent about a half an hour - an hour doing these quests. In that time, with that much effort, I gained 20% experience. That's boring.
    Last edited by Silver Forte; 2018-03-14 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    we have a better catch up with the boost they give you now. we don't need a 300% xp buff when you can be instantly max level (or 10 under).
    so paying money is faster and more effective than actually playing the game . who knew? seriously though that is pretty freaking silly.

He's talking about new players getting a free boost with the game rendering RAF bonus XP unnecessary for them, not buying boosts separately. The $60 boosts do come in for your alts, though.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It has, due to you having to move around zones less blizzard reduced the XP given from quests to compensate.
    again i want a source some sort of proof.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That does cover referring a friend, but not leveling alts.
    i don't think it should be used to level alts so i don't have a problem with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    so paying money is faster and more effective than actually playing the game . who knew? seriously though that is pretty freaking silly.
    you don't pay any money for the free boost they give you each expan.......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JSA2422 View Post
    Can you link their /played? I'm only at 55 but I'm getting about a level per random dungeon still and they take about 15-20 mins.
    Somewhere around 3,5 days /played. I used to reach 110 with around 2-2,5 days /played as Tank or Healer, or 3 days as a dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    He's talking about new players getting a free boost with the game rendering RAF bonus XP unnecessary for them, not buying boosts separately. The $60 boosts do come in for your alts, though.
    i know. but what if they choose the wrong class? pay another 60 bucks to boost? at least with playing the game they learn something.

1-55 in about a week of on/off playing.

patch hit.

55-65 in same amout of time. stopped leveling the alt.

again i want a source some sort of proof.

- - - Updated - - -

i don't think it should be used to level alts so i don't have a problem with that.

- - - Updated - - -

you don't pay any money for the free boost they give you each expan.......
    Sure, just go back before patch; then come back to now and kill mobs. It was one of many undocumented patch changes, just like the xp required to level increases, dungeon xp nerfs and etc. If you want, go back through from the inception of the patch to now in all the MMO champ threads and WoW forums to find that. Cause I'm not doing that, for something that is known by anyone sane to be true especially with the other ten xp nerfs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, just go back before patch; then come back to now and kill mobs. It was one of many undocumented patch changes, just like the xp required to level increases, dungeon xp nerfs and etc. If you want, go back through from the inception of the patch to now in all the MMO champ threads and WoW forums to find that. Cause I'm not doing that, for something that is known by anyone sane to be true especially with the other ten xp nerfs.
    so another person who makes a claim but refuses to back it up, got it.

so another person who makes a claim but refuses to back it up, got it.
    Back it up that it was not nerfed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Back it up that it was not nerfed.
    that's not how this works..... i asked a question because i don't know you gave an answer i asked for proof you refused to give it.

that's not how this works..... i asked a question because i don't know you gave an answer i asked for proof you refused to give it.
    That's exactly how it works, as stated it was a stealth change; which means there's no official documentation of it being changed like that. You want me to dig through a couple months of the entirety of forum threads to find unofficial documentation of these changes and specifics, and I'm not going to do so for your sake; when I already know the answer to the question.

In this case, you can try and disprove it; by showing official or unofficial documentation that it was not changed.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly how it works, as stated it was a stealth change; which means there's no official documentation of it being changed like that. You want me to dig through a couple months of the entirety of forum threads to find unofficial documentation of these changes and specifics, and I'm not going to do so for your sake; when I already know the answer to the question.

In this case, you can try and disprove it; by showing official or unofficial documentation that it was not changed.
    so ya you have no proof and are just making stuff up.

I don't know if it was slower or not. I didn't keep detailed logs for the most recent characters I leveled to 110.

I know with absolute certainty that it feels slower. The only word I keep revisiting is: tedium.