Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    I really hope that shamans will be playable again. They have super cool and unique abilities, like evolve,freeze mechanic or overlaod, but atm i cant make any sucesfull deck. Maybe these abilities are to random or rely to much on combos and thats why they arent consistent.
    Evolve and devolve and rotating out with the expansions tho which means evolve decks wont really be and thing and devolve is great against buffing decks so I think they will need a lot of help. Their new hero card isn't particularly great either, only useful for late game value which isn't where Shamans are falling down atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm convinced they're never going to make a hunter legendary that's, you know, good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Take a look at the Rebuke card.

Is this a hint that worgens can be paladins in BfA?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    I'm convinced they're never going to make a hunter legendary that's, you know, good.
    I thought the exact same thing! Same for warrior apart from Grom. Bit underwhelmed by cards so far not had any great meta defining cards so far will have to wait and see the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

I really hope that shamans will be playable again. They have super cool and unique abilities, like evolve,freeze mechanic or overlaod, but atm i cant make any sucesfull deck. Maybe these abilities are to random or rely to much on combos and thats why they arent consistent.
    I don't expect Shaman to be top tier again until the expansion after Witchwood, then it's probably Shamanstone all over again.

I don't know, Hearthstone has a powercreep issue despite it's yearly rotation, Whispers of the Old Gods cards look like a joke atm. with a few exceptions.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotix View Post
    You know it's interesting. There's a pretty significant lore inconsistency in the main premise of the expansion.

The Witchwood is actually an area in Highmountain, controlled mainly by Harpies/Tauren, not Worgen (There's even a mob in there called the Witch of the Wood). It seems they got the Witchwood confused with the Blackwald, the more notorious "Spooky Forest" in Gilneas.

I know probably nobody cares, but I just thought I'd point this out.
    Yeah, either they thought it was a cool name and decided to run with it and take it elsewhere, or they made a mix-up.

You know it's interesting. There's a pretty significant lore inconsistency in the main premise of the expansion.

The Witchwood is actually an area in Highmountain, controlled mainly by Harpies/Tauren, not Worgen (There's even a mob in there called the Witch of the Wood). It seems they got the Witchwood confused with the Blackwald, the more notorious "Spooky Forest" in Gilneas.

I think i've read that Hagatha turned the Blackwald into the Witchwood, because she's a forest witch and all that.

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Hagatha_the_Witch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    smart move by blizz, why sell 50 packs for say $50, when you can sell 70 packs for $60, and those extra 20 packs cost you 0.000$ to produce.
    WoW gold also costs nothing to earn so its.. fair

Deleted
    OK, so after the entire card pool was revealed this might be overall the weakest set to date.
    There are some useable cards(ofc) but the basis is still going to be carried by the previous expansions(the ones not rotating out). Like I know the plan is 3 expansions per year and they usually have them go weak/themed/strong, but holy shit I actually want to be able to select a different pack reward from Arena, this are so weak.

https://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/89473-dark-possession

Now i regret i bought the pre-sale package. Many classes get cards like "random shit happens". And warlocks get cards like "make your meta dominating decks better".

I hope it wont be like now, where most just copy paste nr.1 warlock deck from hearthpwn and the rest copies the 1-3 decks that can beat it.

10+ Year Old Account

Now i regret i bought the pre-sale package. Many classes get cards like "random shit happens". And warlocks get cards like "make your meta dominating decks better".

I hope it wont be like now, where most just copy paste nr.1 warlock deck from hearthpwn and the rest copies the 1-3 decks that can beat it.
    If you're someone like me who plays casually with friends at this point, these cards are super fun.

15+ Year Old Account

Shudderwock Shaman is looking like it will absolutely destroy slower decks, lock included

With the bonus of only needing one card as its "combo" piece, and all the other pieces can instead be played on curve without penalty.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Shudderwock Shaman is looking like it will absolutely destroy slower decks, lock included

With the bonus of only needing one card as its "combo" piece, and all the other pieces can instead be played on curve without penalty.
    In standard? Because I can't think of any battlecries worth playing atm that are going to carry you to a win. In Wild it's great with Jade synergy and in Standard it will be ok with Elemental synergy but certainly not tier 1 power. Maybe if it works with Windshear Stormcaller we might see an Al'akir OTK but I'm sceptical because the text on Stormcaller is "Battlecry: If you control all 4 basic Totems".

So yeah, what you thinking about then?

Deleted
    Man, the priest deck with that legendary that gives inner fire to your entire deck gave me vomit.

At some point he was playing 4 mana 9/9's

I hope this wont be a thing and it wont be consistent (T_T)<(i hope)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    In standard? Because I can't think of any battlecries worth playing atm that are going to carry you to a win. In Wild it's great with Jade synergy and in Standard it will be ok with Elemental synergy but certainly not tier 1 power. Maybe if it works with Windshear Stormcaller we might see an Al'akir OTK but I'm sceptical because the text on Stormcaller is "Battlecry: If you control all 4 basic Totems".

So yeah, what you thinking about then?
    Check it:

At some point in the game you play Chain Gang and Grumble, and any amount of Nightblade or Lifedrinker you draw. For the sake of argument, lets say that by the time you have come to turn 9, you will have drawn and played one Nightblade and one Lifedrinker.

You then play Shudderwock.

1) It copies itself (Chain Gang)
    2) It bounces the copy (Grumble)
    3) It deals 3 face damage (Nightblade)
    4) It deals 3 face damage and heals you for 3 (Lifedrinker)

Does that look impressive? Not yet. But wait! Your turn 10 looks like this:

1) Murmuring Elemental (2mana)
    2) Shudderwock (Grumble bounce, 1mana)
    3) Everything above fires twice, Murmuring and the Shudderwock Chain Gang copies bounce back
    4) Murmuring (1mana)
    5) Shudderwock (1mana)
    6) See step 2
    7) Murmuring (1mana)
    8) Shudderwock (1mana... we have used 7 mana only so far!)
    Etc etc etc

Consider that the initial Shudder does 6 face damage and heals you for 3. Will a second Shudderwock repeat the previous Shudderwock battlecry as well? Even if it doesn't, Murmuring doubles each Shudder cry, so each time you drop Shudder on 10, you will be doing 12 face damage and healing yourself for 6.

Adding more previous Nightblades/Lifedrinkers only increases this. And if Shudderwock compounds upon itself...?

This would even be able to OTK a DMH Warrior with a huge amount of armour. And if it doesn't that's okay, because you can do it all again next turn.

I'm still working on this idea. It needs stability, draw, selfsustain and control. But in essence, it's a combo deck that requires NO spells, and has the bonus of only needing to hold one card for the actual combo. All your other stuff can be played whenever you want, for board presence and tempo during the game.

Bonus points - Rat is rotating. None of your win conditions can be Ratted

Further thoughts - include AoE damage bcries like Kobold Apprentice, Corrupted Seer and Primordial Drakes. Your first turn 9 Shudder then becomes safer, as it also clears the board.
    Last edited by Nikkaszal; 2018-04-10 at 02:08 AM.

Deleted
    This expansion is looking bad for rogue...at this point we are considered a joke.
    Even the deck on stream was called "Memes on Stream"
    /facepalm

I mean, alright, i like "funny gimmicks" but making an entire expansion of rogue based around "memes"?

I already have a rogue deck with this gimmick they are trying to push...and its called "clow fiesta" for a reason

I dont know man...it seems like Ben Brode is making fun of rogues.
    1 or 2 cards supporting the "clown fiesta" gimmick was enough. We got like 5 or 6 cards supporting "meme rogue".

/sigh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Cube Warlock.

If fact most slower decks will absolutely destroy it anyway. Shudderwock shaman is a win more deck, if you are already winning, the card makes you win more. It easy to say: play battlecries on curve, but Lifedrinker/Nightblade/Grumple/Chain Gang are not drawing you cards nor winning the board.
    Last edited by mmoc5ef3a4fb0f; 2018-04-10 at 04:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Cube Warlock.

If fact most slower decks will absolutely destroy it anyway. Shudderwock shaman is a win more deck, if you are already winning, the card makes you win more. It easy to say: play battlecries on curve, but Lifedrinker/Nightblade/Grumple/Chain Gang are not drawing you cards nor winning the board.
    Like I said, its an idea in progress. I've got the combo idea, now to look at filling in enough to get it in action.

Shaman traditionally has pretty good board control with Hex, Devolve, Storm and Volcano. Zap is a great new tool to help control the early game. Chain Gang is a great curve minion, no worries there, the other pieces are also bodies on board so that's a plus. Self-sustain is also pretty decent with Healing Rain, Jinyu etc (and I don't care if Jinyu is replicated to heal the enemy every so often once the combo starts, because once it starts its basically GG).

That leaves the issue of draw, and maintaining board control. There are two new tutor cards for Witchwood that are applicable - Sandbinder draws an elemental, Witchwood Piper draws your lowest cost. Seeing as Fire Plume and Murmuring would probably be the lowest cost in the deck, either tutor would work, with the bonus that I would probably be running Tar Creeper and possibly Kalimos to draw as elementals as well (Kalimos for boardclear). That means the rest of the deck can be filled with value stalls like Lone Champion, and Acolytes for draw (combo'd with Volcano for further benefit).

It's not really a win-more deck since the win condition can be carried out from a losing position, much like old Razakus priest.

They also mentioned, that they want to focus on underperforming classes like warrior with the new expansion. I wonder if this will work out with the Rush mechanic, since all cards are build for this type of deck.

Would be nice to have a meta with all classes represented. Its for sure also refreshing to have different opponents