Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Well i have spent the last day trying to think of a standard deck to play that i might have fun with and i have come up with nothing.
    I have no interest in Wild so i guess this expansion has killed my interest in this game... Most of the cards i enjoyed left standard and no new ones were brought in that i would enjoy.

I hope future expansions will bring back fun RNG cards. Something other than Netdecks or shitty OTK decks.

Deleted
    What the hell happened here??? LoooooooooooL
    Face Collector just gave me 3 of the same legendary in a row. Like....WHAT?
    A Game Master trolling me? Game broken? 0,00001 % chance ?

Does it seem like it to anyone else that the recipe decks require a crap ton more legendaries and epics this time around? One of the druids is the only one that doesn't require at least 2 legendary cards and 4 epics.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean the cheapest "good" decks are spiteful variants I believe. Still easy to get run over by odd paladin or tempo rogue, though.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Does it seem like it to anyone else that the recipe decks require a crap ton more legendaries and epics this time around? One of the druids is the only one that doesn't require at least 2 legendary cards and 4 epics.
    The only things I've seen 5 to legend that don't have 3+ legendaries are odd dude paladin(typically only has baku), and taunt quest warrior (which can run legendaries beyond the quest but it doesn't need to).

EDIT: I've also seen people playing rat catcher zoo a couple times with 0 legendaries... never lost to it thou, doesn't seem like a strong deck in standard tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by thrill View Post
    The only things I've seen 5 to legend that don't have 3+ legendaries are odd dude paladin(typically only has baku), and taunt quest warrior (which can run legendaries beyond the quest but it doesn't need to).

EDIT: I've also seen people playing rat catcher zoo a couple times with 0 legendaries... never lost to it thou, doesn't seem like a strong deck in standard tbh.
    I think he means the "suggested decks" part of deck creation. In the past you had classic (which generally used the basic class legendary) and 2 more "theme decks" which would have 2 maybe 3 legendaries. They are making the observation that most of the "theme" recipes now requires 4 or 5 legendaries to make, a step up in cost.

I kinda agree although I've only looked at 2 or 3 classes so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone found anything special if you put the ingredients in the cauldron in the bottom left? I have tried everything and nothing seems to happen to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    I am running a odd-paladin deck with only Baku. Cube warlock is insanely expensive idd and not really fun to play/play against ... I played against a cube lock just skipping the turns untill turn 5 and then when he has 2 health left , faceroll me with his cublock combo ...

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    I am running a odd-paladin deck with only Baku. Cube warlock is insanely expensive idd and not really fun to play/play against ... I played against a cube lock just skipping the turns untill turn 5 and then when he has 2 health left , faceroll me with his cublock combo ...
    Cubelock is indeed awful, but I don't know if I feel too bad that the highest win-rate deck (Odd Aggro Paladin) loses to something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Cubelock is indeed awful, but I don't know if I feel too bad that the highest win-rate deck (Odd Aggro Paladin) loses to something.
    I play odd pally because of cube lock to be honest.
    I don't feel I can climb if I can't make up for my losses vs cube locks. Absolutly hate the warlock class at the moment.
    It has more burst then an OTK deck, more healing then a priest and gets his 9 drops out at turn fucking 5. Carddraw like a maniac.
    It can do it all. Its so disgusting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Yeh, im just playing this deck cause I liked the baku card from the beginning (basicly for my hunter deck) but it turns out this deck was quite cheap to make. However I loose plenty. I loose againt cube locks. Very taunt heavy decks, even paladins. Yesterday I lost against a big priest ( i think thats the name, however im quite new to hearthtone)

Now that the Meta a bit settled, it just shows how Blizzard botched this standard cycle.
    While we are seeing new decks, the top tier decks remain the same, being Aggro Pally and Cube lock.

While Aggro pally has changed and has two decks, the end result is still the same, you need the same early game answers to counter them, the idea of the standard cycle is to create new archtypes and not just give a new twist to existing decks.

Cube lock is just insane, lack of real counters to that in Witchwood is not good, a deck that can deal 15 damage to your face on turn 6-7 and generate two 5/7 bodies on the board is just OP, ignoring Bloodreaver Gul'dan to finish the game.

Yeah, Shudderwock is broken, 15minute turns aren't supposed to happen, that needs to be fixed but balance wise Shaman gets eaten alive by aggro decks / combo decks, one massive tempo swing on the board and Shaman is done.

Kobolds and Catacombs (and to a certain degree Knights of the Frozen Throne) had a very unhealthy spike in powerlevel that did not get fixed by the standard rotation.

I don't think the meta has settled enough to call that definitively. People are still experimenting with making decks that can beat Cubelock and Odd/Even Paladins. Saw Trump play a Zoolock deck yesterday and go 21-0 with it before finally losing a match, I could see that catch on.

10+ Year Old Account
    overall the expansion has been a flop.

nothing really great about it. bit of a misfire. alot of the new mechanics werent that good and the cards are kinda meh
    Hi

Deleted
    We've been avidly reading your feedback and monitoring data. We agree with your concerns, and are planning some balance changes after the HCT Playoffs are finished at the end of May. We'll provide an update once the specifics are finalized: https://blizz.ly/2IhhzKf

So basically
    -we discovered none is buying the new packs because they mostly suck ass.
    -we discovered that fewer people are playing the game because the meta is insanely rigid/unfun.
    -we are bad at balance.

I hoped to see more Witchwood-inspired decks to see play like Emeriss hunter, rush warrior (still sees some play), secret paladin utilizing Prince Liam (standard), minion mage utilizing Arugal and Book of Specters, Elemental mage/shaman, Tess rogue and maybe a return of murloc shaman with the new murloc card. But for most part its just the same decks from previous meta like aggro paladin/mage, cubelock and Spiteful druid. They hardly even use the new Witchwood cards which makes this expansion feel very stale. I do like the odd and even mechanic which also brings back some neutral cards that haven't seen play since release.

I enjoyed playing odd priest in a brawl, I want to build a deck like that for standard.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__