World vs World / Leveling in GW2

Hey. I did play betas and release of GW2. Thats many years ago but decided to install it yesterday again. First thing i noticed is that World vs world is locked at level 60? I remember it as being available from level 1?

Which leads me to my 2nd question. Is questing the way to level now then? Clearing 100% in each zone and all then continue to next? Havent bought the expansions yet if that matters.

oh 1 more thing. Can you reset your ''build'' at any time? Wanna try different styles and not be screwed at level 80 because I was stupid at level 10

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Hey. I did play betas and release of GW2. Thats many years ago but decided to install it yesterday again. First thing i noticed is that World vs world is locked at level 60? I remember it as being available from level 1?

Which leads me to my 2nd question. Is questing the way to level now then? Clearing 100% in each zone and all then continue to next? Havent bought the expansions yet if that matters.

oh 1 more thing. Can you reset your ''build'' at any time? Wanna try different styles and not be screwed at level 80 because I was stupid at level 10
    1) WvW becomes available to F2P players at 60 while if you bought an expansion you can start at 31
    2) My boyfriend and I have been doing all the hearts in one zone before moving on to the next and keeping our personal story up-to-date too. The only time we've ran into problems is in the 30's because we were getting crap rewards from doing hearts so we ended up skipping to a zone that was our level instead. If you have the gold (or money to buy gems to convert to gold) and can just buy yourself gear on the trader, I'd just stick to one zone & move on when you'e completed it fully. If you need the gear, move zones.
    3) There isn't a way to reset your spent talent points but keep in mind there are a total of 1302 hero points available throughout the world & from leveling up. There are enough hero points awarded just from leveling up to unlock all the traits besides the 2 expansion locked specializations. If/when you get an expansion, you can always go to that zone and do hero challenges there to get more to put in the new specialization you can learn. The expansion zone hero challenges award 10 points while base game only awards 1 per challenge.

You can change your build on the fly so long you're out of combat.

I think @gaymer77 was talking about the order in which you unlock skills/trait lines while leveling. You can't go back and change that, not a huge deal though because everything is unlocked at lvl 80 f(minus your two elite specs) and you gain more than enough hero points while leveling.

I don't think WvW gives XP anymore. Instead you can points in a number of reward tracks which contain tomes of knowledge, items that grant you levels.

Yeah @PACOX that's what I was talking about. I should add @Iamcute that I'd suggest checking out https://snowcrows.com/ to see the recommended specializations that you might want to play at 80 and putting points into the 2 non-elite specializations first so you know their gameplay for when you do hit 80 and pick an elite one. Keep in mind though, to unlock the use of the 2 different elite specializations you have to had purchased the corresponding expansion for it AND you have to have unlocked all the skills & non-elite specializations first. Example: You want to be a mesmer tank (currently THE tank profession in the game) and want to use the chronomancer elite specialization. In order to unlock it at 80 you have to have unlocked all traits under signet training, mantra training, manipulation training, glamour training, illusion training, domination, dueling, chaos, inspiration, and illusions before you can even get the first trait in chronomancer. So you're not able to just pick the skill trees and specializations you want then put points into the elite specializations at 80. I would, however, recommend looking at that site and picking out the 2 non-elite specializations that are used in the lvl 80 build you want & maxing those out first and then moving onto the skills section (first traits you can learn which are at the top of the page) and learning all those before moving on to the non-elite specializations that you probably won't be using later.