Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    It actually will make it a) much more enjoyable and as such b) will bring back a lot of people. How do I know that? Because when we did have these things in the game, WoW pvp was extremely more popular.

Also, on the topic of hibernate, you show your complete ignorance by mentioning it like that. As a druid of any spec it was a great way to counter ferals/guardians and it was there to balance things out since they can't be polymorphed. But no, situational abilities that add fun and options were too much for the two brain cells that Blizzard wants players to use while playing WOW. Also, as far as I know, it's coming back in BfA (at the expense of other abilities probably)
    Correlation =/= causation. Hate to repeat the age old retort, but it's true.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

A LOT of people in this game are achievement driven. Having the "100 win" for each battleground locked to a specific character (as opposed to being account wide) is a huge reason why people don't play. It's almost as if you play another class ur not making any progress.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Correlation =/= causation. Hate to repeat the age old retort, but it's true.
    Change the majority of a game system's characteristics in an expansion, watch participation tank like never before, point that out in order to state the bloody obvious, only to get... "correlation does not imply causation" .

So let's do an experiment: tell me how long you think pve would survive if:

1) you took away any meaningful rewards from pve, making pvp the best way by far to gear up
    2) make gear in pve useless anyway as you can't change your stats
    3) prune the shit out of the classes in relation to what is deemed pve-relevant (so 5-6 situational utilities but 3 buttons to dps/tank/heal)

I will be here waiting.

First step should be a blanket nerf to mobility, GCD on power amps is a welcome change as well.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    What ppl asked for in beta was 1) PvP templates which are 100% fixed, no ilevel scaling, 2) a "slider" option or "primary stat" option for players to have control over 2ndaries. Blizz didnt deliver on either of those and 3) a hella more rewards than 1 small thing every 50 levels for prestige.

Templates which are 100% fixed and do not scale means equal playing field, where skill is what wins games (assuming balanced Meta, which we dont even have, but at least removes 1 variable)
    Option to control your stats means you are flexible and can do a variety of strats
    Rewards are garbage - not only they are only every 50 levels, the rewards in between are AP and 200g. When I saw the gold doesnt even scale, that felt like the biggest insult ever. Getting a shitty pet, recolor mount or some crappy toy for grinding out FIFTY levels is no rewarding.

In Cata you had the freedom to do pve trinkets and gear - and it created a (awesome) shitshow past 2500 rating in rbgs, where u wouldnt even wear resilience as a caster.
    I only want trinkets and pve gear to be usable in random battlegrounds. They should be disabled in rated content random battlegrounds have no match making and classes are imbalanced the gear choice helps me make up for that.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-03-25 at 07:47 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    Change the majority of a game system's characteristics in an expansion, watch participation tank like never before, point that out in order to state the bloody obvious, only to get... "correlation does not imply causation" .

So let's do an experiment: tell me how long you think pve would survive if:

1) you took away any meaningful rewards from pve, making pvp the best way by far to gear up
    2) make gear in pve useless anyway as you can't change your stats
    3) prune the shit out of the classes in relation to what is deemed pve-relevant (so 5-6 situational utilities but 3 buttons to dps/tank/heal)

I will be here waiting.
    Simple. Remove the pvp minigame so that pve stops being nerfed and balanced around it. Done. Until I get my 30 second berserk that breaks fear and provides immunity to it for the duration back pvp equals nothing but negative in my book.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Simple. Remove the pvp minigame so that pve stops being nerfed and balanced around it. Done. Until I get my 30 second berserk that breaks fear and provides immunity to it for the duration back pvp equals nothing but negative in my book.
    So in the thread where people are making suggestions for improving pvp, you just come here to tel us to remove it from the game. 10/10 trolling, I should have seen that from a mile away

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Give PVP some decent gear again iLvl like it used to be.. WoD was FINE

Make PVP gear matter.. unlike it does now.. I literally PVE to get my PVP gear: Sad as FUCK

If they are going to keep seasons so short like they do now.. at least add something that makes them worth while. A lot of people I know don't even care about seasons anymore because you don't even get anything out of it anymore.. Most have had their mounts tokens stacked for ages.. I think Blizz did do a good job with releasing a lot more mounts in PVP, which I find awesome, but just know that people will cap those out quick, pets, or something else should be taken into consideration IMO

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Give PVP some decent gear again iLvl like it used to be.. WoD was FINE

Make PVP gear matter.. unlike it does now.. I literally PVE to get my PVP gear: Sad as FUCK

If they are going to keep seasons so short like they do now.. at least add something that makes them worth while. A lot of people I know don't even care about seasons anymore because you don't even get anything out of it anymore.. Most have had their mounts tokens stacked for ages.. I think Blizz did do a good job with releasing a lot more mounts in PVP, which I find awesome, but just know that people will cap those out quick, pets, or something else should be taken into consideration IMO
    Ok, which is it. Do you want skill to matter or gear? Cause you can't have both. See, this is why pvp should be removed. You pvp'ers can't make up your minds on what you want, and when Blizz tries to satisfy both of you, they end up screwing over pve'ers.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The focus on arenas is not going to end until Blizzard finally gives up its pathetic wow-as-an-esport-people-care-about fantasy. Getting Holinka out of the driver's seat was a step in the right direction, but basically every other pvp change that happened in Legion needs to be reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    The focus on arenas is not going to end until Blizzard finally gives up its pathetic wow-as-an-esport-people-care-about fantasy. Getting Holinka out of the driver's seat was a step in the right direction, but basically every other pvp change that happened in Legion needs to be reversed.
    It's all ended already, the focus, the arenas, the esport, the not esport, everything related to PVP.

It's been dead for 18 months. What you see is zombie scraps, a couple of people still trying to sell titles and a couple of people trying to get achievements. Blizzard lost it and it's not coming back in BFA because they do jack shit to make it come back.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-03-27 at 02:04 PM.

Revert back the pvp system to pre-Holinkaggedon: no templates, pvp gear, normal honor grind, itemisation matters etc.

Honestly, What they should have done from the beginning: make a PvP spec for each class. Balance those 12 around one another. Or maybe have separate PvP and PvM rules. They are getting there, but it's still a little wacky.

1) Solo queue for rated RBG and arena
    2) Implementation of BG in the style of Dota/league
    3) Remove frustrating stuff like interupts, set a long cooldown on root/slow movement spell (at least 45sec or make it cost 20% of maximum mana or 50 rage/energy)
    4) only 1 or 2 class should have a stun and it should be 2sec
    5) Gear should matter more to create different builds (even in league of legend people can decide which items they'll be equipping)
    6) Create AI vs AI warcraft3 style map where we play the champions (that would be god like)

Deleted
    1. Stop focusing on arena so much, just admit that a great pvp e-sport can't happen in a game that does both pvp and pve. Maybe open separate arena PVP only servers where classes can be tweaked accordingly without thinking of the effect on other stuff.

2. Add solo queue for rated (at least for bg's). The reasoning provided not to add it is just a pathetic excuse that they simply don't want any focus on pvp. Half or more of the groups that get started are of random ratings consisting of mostly random classes that apply to them while mostly maintaining the role ratio (1/3/6). Nothing that can't be easily implemented through an automated queue. Can even add penalties to group leavers this way. And I'm sure there are people who don't participate in rated matches simply because they don't want to go through creating or applying to join groups

3. Add decent gear to PVP?

In my opinion, the biggest problem with pvp isn't the balancing or gameplay (don't get me wrong, these things need work too), but it's the absolute lack of rewards for the lower skilled brackets. If you aren't one of the top 8% of players, you have absolutely no incentive to even participate in pvp.

The prestige grind rewards are completely lackluster and not worth their time...
    The Gear you get is worse than LFR, even in higher rating.
    The vicious Mounts require you to win 100 games, which is pure suffering for most lowbies, since it requires them to play at least 200-300 games...
    Elite Gear transmog is unreachable for 90% of the playerbase and the normal appearance can easily be bought by 12 pvp tokens from PvE tower worldquests, so why even bother?

So my improvement would be to introduce rating brackets like a lot of modern pvp games have for rated pvp.
    Maybe bronze,silver,gold,thorium,etc.. and then attach rewards to them like:
    Tabards, Shirts, Mounts, Pets, gear transmogs, titles and most importantly: Gear with ilvl according to your rating which should be buyable from a vendor like in the last expansions and with the current RNG system.

I made a thread because for me the most realistic improvement is the rewards.

There isn't a good incentive to do rated pvp. By incentive I mean gear.

I know gear doesn't matter with templates. But the bottom of the ladder is healthiest when people are playing sub-challenger range to get gear to go do raids or w/e they're trying to do.

Lots of casual play in bg's hooks people because you get gear, then go back and curb stomp bgs.

I don't mind the random acquisition of gear. And echoes of battle system was good for the game. What sucks is the ilevel compared to m+ and raids. Like, you get better gear from questing than doing random bgs. Cmon.

===

Racials are the most frustrating experience for lots of people. I tend to agree here, even if it's dumbing down the game /pruning to remove them.
    Last edited by twistedmynd; 2018-03-29 at 10:24 AM.

Deleted
    - War Mode: Now it's optional; Treat it like it should. Principles of War should be active in open world, so everyone has almost the same kind of gear and everyone it's exposed. WPvP should not be the survival of the "gearest", but the fittest.

- Templates: Unpopular idea, hated by most, but neccesary. Let us made changes to it. Give us the option to increase/decrease our stats via Honor Talents (I.e. Increase Haste by 10% but decrease Mastery by 10%). Give us the option to "gear up" stats that can be changed easy. Can easily make some specs and classes work in different ways and more arena comps/ rbg comps to be viable.

- Gear: Make a M+ Weekly chest for PvP. The more honor you win in a week, the fatter the loot. Incentivate not only skill, but commitment to the PvP part of the game.

- Other: Introduce the Defense channel as a Blizzard Addon in the Interface: a map that shows where players are battling. Also shows whose players of the opposite faction are achieving honor kills without being taken down, giving you a sustantial honor gain if you manage to take it down. Make PvP World Quests much more frequent, and exclusive to those on War Mode. To avoid people entering and exiting War Mode only for rewards on those missions, make it so only those that were in War Mode for a full week receive the rewards (Or receive better rewards, for that matter).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    From casual to competitive PvP, fire away with your ideas. A lot of people think Legion messed up with the PvP, but I still don't think PvP this expansion is that bad unless you're someone who hates PvP Templates, I guess. Arena is still pretty decent.

What improvements do you want to see in Arena?
    What improvements do you want to see in RBGs?
    What improvements do you want to see in casual BGs and World PvP (Bring back WorldDefense!)?
    How can we revive dueling?
    Do you think class design is off to a good start in the BfA Alpha?
    Bringing Resillience back, all problems solved.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Remove the ridiculously low itemlevel combatant gear from the loot tables of random BG.

With season 7, it's a difference between 870 and 910 gear for doing the same thing.

Also if they keep the combatant gear, let us obliterate it for 15 echos and not 1....

I know 910 gear isn't much these days, but 870 is just stupid now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twistedmynd View Post
    I don't mind the random acquisition of gear. And echoes of battle system was good for the game. What sucks is the ilevel compared to m+ and raids. Like, you get better gear from questing than doing random bgs. Cmon.
    Random pieces/gear slots is fine for now, but there being 2 sets with 40 itemlevel difference is really bad design. Echoes of battle is fine, but at least improve the rate from combatant gear for S7.

Even better would just be going back to gear currency as a whole, I don't even mind if they made 2 sets from vendor, a more expensive gladiator set and a cheap combatant set.

Rated content could possibly have vendors unlock higher level gear brackets/base itemlevel.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-29 at 08:23 PM.