Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by E M I View Post
    Please back this up.
    http://wow-stats.com/bgwr01.html

    It's like your opponent says, WoD = Alliance, Legion = Horde. Both US and EU. Because of racials and later because of too few people in general and the remainder gravitating to the biggest center left.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    http://wow-stats.com/bgwr01.html

    It's like your opponent says, WoD = Alliance, Legion = Horde. Both US and EU. Because of racials and later because of too few people in general and the remainder gravitating to the biggest center left.
    Why do people still use wow-stats as a resource. For example, how can Spain and Italy have a different W/L to "Great Britain" (and calling EN realms that doesn't make sense in itself) when they're in the same same realmpool? The site is inaccurate and not helped by an API bug with EOTS lol.

    I'm fairly sure there were actual released stats by Blizzard posted on MMOC in the past if anyone knows an easier way to get to them.
    RIP ArenaJunkies

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by E M I View Post
    Why do people still use wow-stats as a resource. For example, how can Spain and Italy have a different W/L to "Great Britain" (and calling EN realms that doesn't make sense in itself) when they're in the same same realmpool? The site is inaccurate and not helped by an API bug with EOTS lol.

    I'm fairly sure there were actual released stats by Blizzard posted on MMOC in the past if anyone knows an easier way to get to them.
    Are you a noob or what? Did too many arenas with no BGs?

    Regional measurements are there because when a BG is formed, each side is formed from realms of the same language group. There is a long-standing sentiment that "German Horde" is different from, say, "Spanish Horde", etc, that's why the site measures that (and yes, there are apparently differences, different regions play with slightly different skill).

  4. #284
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by E M I View Post
    Please back this up. Before Legion and the ladder split; Alliance was over-presented in Europe by an extremely large margin, likewise with Horde in the US. Horde was over-represented in the US even when everyone who could be a Human was encouraged to play one because of how strong the racial is. Faction imbalance is a minor issue, racials are not as strong anymore as people think and it's certainly not noticeable in random BGs where players on both factions are under the impression their faction sucks. "So why does almost everyone on ladder go Orc?" - if you give us sometime that makes even 1% of a difference in high rated arena, we'll take it, the same way a competitive raiding guild would do the same in PvE.
    When you say "europe is over -represented by alliance" you are just watching the arena ladder, where only in EU alliance dominate, and now we have separated ladders by Factions. And if you watch Rated BG, its dominated by the horde in EU, so alliance just dominate 2vs2 and 3vs3 Ladder in EU, horde dominated everything in US, and Rated/random bgs in EU, so it can't be denied that currently the horde has better racial.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by E M I View Post
    Why do people still use wow-stats as a resource. For example, how can Spain and Italy have a different W/L to "Great Britain" (and calling EN realms that doesn't make sense in itself) when they're in the same same realmpool?
    Because the premades and population. Some countries has more pvp players and premades, which increases their win ratio. And Eots its bugged even in blizzard stats.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone92 View Post
    When you say "europe is over -represented by alliance" you are just watching the arena ladder, where only in EU alliance dominate, and now we have separated ladders by Factions. And if you watch Rated BG, its dominated by the horde in EU, so alliance just dominate 2vs2 and 3vs3 Ladder in EU, horde dominated everything in US, and Rated/random bgs in EU, so it can't be denied that currently the horde has better racial.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Because the premades and population. Some countries has more pvp players and premades, which increases their win ratio. And Eots its bugged even in blizzard stats.
    1) " And if you watch Rated BG, its dominated by the horde in EU,"

    1.6% is hardly "dominating", and it's even closer above 2k btw. In fact the more I raise the cut-off, the closer it becomes, after 2200 - there are more Alliance players on our ladder than Horde. And yes, this is for RBG, please explain. Which lays waste to that entire point; already mentioned Horde prevalent in US - always has been. (There's a really good, obvious answer to this that will explain why, but if you don't get it in your next post; I'll help you)

    2) You can't premade an entire team, I don't see how it can accurately measure a region's W/L when it's mixed from game to game.


    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Are you a noob or what? Did too many arenas with no BGs?

    Regional measurements are there because when a BG is formed, each side is formed from realms of the same language group. There is a long-standing sentiment that "German Horde" is different from, say, "Spanish Horde", etc, that's why the site measures that (and yes, there are apparently differences, different regions play with slightly different skill).
    RDA is banned but I'll answer it anyway, Spanish and Italian players are grouped with EN players, which makes it difficult to say a W/R can speak for an entire subregion.
    Last edited by Conditions; 2018-06-15 at 10:18 AM.
    RIP ArenaJunkies

  6. #286
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by E M I View Post
    1) " And if you watch Rated BG, its dominated by the horde in EU,"

    1.6% is hardly "dominating", and it's even closer above 2k btw. In fact the more I raise the cut-off, the closer it becomes, after 2200 - there are more Alliance players on our ladder than Horde. And yes, this is for RBG, please explain. Which lays waste to that entire point; already mentioned Horde prevalent in US - always has been. (There's a really good, obvious answer to this that will explain why, but if you don't get it in your next post; I'll help you)

    2) You can't premade an entire team, I don't see how it can accurately measure a region's W/L when it's mixed from game to game.



    RDA is banned but I'll answer it anyway, Spanish and Italian players are grouped with EN players, which makes it difficult to say a W/R can speak for an entire subregion.
    Hell, horde player (Orc) defending his racials aren't overs....

    Watch the fucking Rated Bg ladder: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ga.../battlegrounds

    After this, I really hope blizzard nerf horde racials, specially the orc one.
    Last edited by Drone92; 2018-06-15 at 11:05 AM.

  7. #287
    Separate PVP from PVE.(Yeah Fortnite style....such as it is)
    PVP would be more like PTR and Dedicated Tourny realms, no more realm hopping for PVP, you copy your Toon over to the PVP realm to do PVP stuff on that realm(s) only.
    Vendors only for gear
    In pve gear is tmog only.

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone92 View Post
    Hell, horde player (Orc) defending his racials aren't overs....

    Watch the fucking Rated Bg ladder: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ga.../battlegrounds

    After this, I really hope blizzard nerf horde racials, specially the orc one.
    So you made some points, your points were then proven wrong and the best you have it "Hell, horde player (Orc) defending his racials aren't overs...." I just linked you conclusive proof that there's actually more Alliance at the top end of the ladder than Horde in Rated BGs in Europe - despite you saying yourself: " And if you watch Rated BG, its dominated by the horde in EU" - which was a fucking awful argument in itself because Rated BGs are a non-entity on Europe, they are extremely popular on US.

    Don't debate if you don't know when to call it quits after running out of arguments. I said I'd give you one on the house, in the US where RBGs are actually taken seriously, Horde is the stronger faction (even though Horde has always dominated US rated anyway) - because Orc is mint against the abundance of cc in RBGs - Human and Dwarf cannot compete and I would put good money on a lot of Horde players swapping to either of those with no more relentless/racial stack, but there's a reasonable chance I'd still probably lose that bet. This is how you put forward a coherent argument.

    Which brings me to the next point, yes Horde racials are nerfed in BFA, UD has been repeatedly to the point it no longer has anything worth nerfing (first Will and then leech passive), relentless no longer stacks with orc racial and torrent apparently no longer interrupts.

    Your original point a while ago was to nerf Horde racials and remove Alliance ones. I don't even know why throughput/survivability racials are still in the game, I'm all for things like Human rep, Goblin bartering etc, but people would be more happy to play whatever the fuck they want if it wasn't not in their best interests to do so.
    Last edited by Conditions; 2018-06-17 at 01:22 PM.
    RIP ArenaJunkies

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by E M I View Post
    they are extremely popular on US.
    .. wut?

    There were like.. less than 500 people across both factions last season that got above 2200 in RBGs.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    .. wut?

    There were like.. less than 500 people across both factions last season that got above 2200 in RBGs.
    Really? Always feels like way more people care about them on US than EU.
    RIP ArenaJunkies

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by E M I View Post
    Really? Always feels like way more people care about them on US than EU.
    Honestly, it might have been even lower than that.

    I recall a post recently (tm - within the last few months) where someone broke it down. It was not a high number.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Honestly, it might have been even lower than that.

    I recall a post recently (tm - within the last few months) where someone broke it down. It was not a high number.
    That's a real shame, it had one of the better looking RBG communities. I mean still disgusting in terms of cheating and DDoSing, but overall you had the far better experience. EU is literally just pilots v pilots.
    RIP ArenaJunkies

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •