Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    -Leveling and max-level world content is (still) embarassingly easy and needs a serious rework. 7.3.5 did a lot for leveling but far from enough. At 110 you spend 1-2 afternoons gearing up and then you're soloing everything that isn't grouped, instanced content. This does not improve overall enjoyment of the game just because it means you're getting to 110 quicker, and get geared for the latest tier faster.

So why is this an unpopular opinion? Mostly because it goes a lot further than most seem to be willing to think about. Mindnumbingly easy leveling and endgame world content turns all of it into a bucket-list you just want over with. And a major part you want it over with is because it is mindnumbingly easy. Yet whenever you present the idea that maybe part of the reason people are so bored outside of their weekly raids is because all non-raid content is designed to be guaranteed success, the only thing you hear back is either 'I've done it before' or 'Why should they slow us down?', as if putting everything on ultra Ludicrous Speed is beneficial to long-term enjoyment. It isn't.

-WoW: Classic will eventually need some rebalancing. It'll probably take a while as both Blizzard and players are reluctant to accept it, but leaving a stale, unchanging shadow of 1.12, leaving OP classes OP and useless specs useless won't work for more than a few months, at most.
    Eventually we'll start to see some balance changes. No major ones, but some. If only to prevent 80% of all characters to be Warr/Priest/Rogue/Mage.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2018-03-15 at 10:36 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Having a strict faction divide for players impedes gameplay oportunities way more than it creates gameplay opportunities. Segregating players is stupid and totally goes against one of Blizzard's core philosophies of "gameplay first"

Obviously, if you look at my sig, I think flight is an integral part of the game, and it's a damn shame that Ion can't get past his limited ground-only vision for WoW. But that's only unpopular with white knights. Most reasonable people actually wouldn't mind a version of WoW that used flight instead of ignored it.

My REAL unpopular opinion is that the holy trinity of tank/heal/DPS is holding the game back. As long as the game relies on that system, boss encounters will always rely on having massive bosses with ungodly damage and hitpoint pools. I'll give credit to Blizzard for being as creative as they have with it, but it really just comes down to parking a tank in front of the boss, shoving a healer up the tanks ass, and having everyone else spam their rotations while avoiding the fire.

I really think they could do more if they weren't so reliant upon super-hard-hitting bosses with massive healthpools that required the trinity. But maybe that's just me. Like I said, it's not a popular opinion.

• WoD's time travel elements weren't the problem. Its story was actually really good... when they had enough content to tell it, which was pretty much only the beginning of the expansion.
    • The Current leveling system is amazing as it actually makes the game playable at earlier levels, rather than cramming everything into Endgame.
    • The new social feature is the best announcement in BfA, since it will actually allow players with more variable schedules like myself, to do engaging content.

-Legion was better than WoD overall, but many aspects of Draenor were far superior to anything the Broken Isles offered. Music, leveling, diversity, choice.

-Almost every positive thing people say about Vanilla is either terrible or still present in the game.

-Alleria is the "least worst" elf in WoW aside from that paladin in Eastern Plaguelands.

-The MoP talent system is WAY better than the one we had before, and has MORE choice.

-The various "pseudo-talent systems" in Legion were very bad, aside from the PvP one.

-Warforging and Titanforging isn't bad.

-MoP/WoD legendary quests were good.

-CC should be completely removed from PvP. Maybe leave one or two for classes like rogues.

-Gating flying behind an achievement is a great solution to that debate.

-BfA is by far the most compelling expansion in terms of its themes and the parts of the lore it chooses to focus on.

-Greymane is one of the best written characters who are still alive and relevant. There's a lot of better ones who died not so long ago, though.

-AU Grom is nowhere near as bad as MU Grom.

-Illidan was a terrible character from the beginning, and Legion fixed him.

-Storytelling is much better in WoW than in Warcraft III.

MoP was the best xpac ever made
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Deleted
    > Orcs suck as a race. Blizzard can't make their mind up if they are noble warriors or savage idiots who make war for the sake of war, and it hurts the race as a whole
    > Nightborne are cool, and Suramar is bar none the best zone since the days of Wrath with Icecrown.
    > Draenor orc's were never going to be alliance.
    > Jaina as a dreadlord is a dumb theory, but by god would it be better than the direction they are taking her character
    > Sylvanas, although definitely pragmatic to a fault and having darker intentions than traditional heroes, is an interesting character and a good leader for the horde
    > Artifacts were fine. RNG on the other hand was not.
    > Blizzard do like the horde better.
    > Blizzard liking the horde better isn't nessecarily a bad thing except for the few times it has gotten in the way of getting an alliance story at all.
    > Genn Greymane is the worst character in wow since Garrosh.
    > Seriously fuck Genn
    > Genn built a wall before trump made it cool.
    > Genn needs to be a raid boss in BfA
    > I want Genn's coat
    > Malfurion is a VERY close second to Genn.
    > Vulpura is probably going to be my new main race and I am not even ashamed.
    > Tinkers are unlikely to ever happen.
    > Demon Hunters were always going to happen
    > Necromancers would be redundant
    > Classic servers are going to remind people why Classic was not very good.
    > There will be one upshot to classic servers however
    > No Genn fucking Greymane
    > Crowley4worgenleader
    > Owls are, in fact, the perfect predator and we need more owl hunter pets.
    > Pandaren, although unpopular, are a fun race with a very interesting lore who Blizzard shot themselves in the foot with by making them neutral
    > We will never get another neutral race.
    > Flying is a decent addition to the game, and although I don't think it should be available before max level in each given expansion I feel like Blizzard's new idea of teasing us out and adding multiple hoops to get it is hurting more than helping
    > This list is not long enough.
    > Ysera is still alive, and that is a very, very bad thing for druidism.
    > The Old Gods are dead, but that does not mean forever gone except in Y'sharj's case.
    > We need a Caverns of Time expansion
    > BfA will not be filler, and is in fact the long awaited Void expansion just hidden behind a cloak of "Alliance vs Horde"
    > We need Night Elf Paladins

The Forsaken should go. I mean really, they are nothing but perverted versions of humans they used to be who do nothing but cause suffering to themselves and all around them. There's literally no point in their existence. Just burn them all to ash. Leave butt cinders. And let their souls finally find peace.
    I'm saying this as mainly a Horde player by the way, so faction rivalry has nothing to do with it.

People who unironically spam the word overrated in relation to wow topics are a cancer to game criticism.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    WoW really shouldn't be considered an RPG anymore. It's an MMO with some RPG elements, even then, the RPG elements it has are pretty barebones.

5+ Year Old Account
    The game gets better with each new expansion.

The nostalgia trio of Wotlk/BC/Vanilla are highly overrated and I'd honestly say WoD was better than them.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. The toxic, jaded vocal chunk of WoW's community is worse than anything that's actually wrong with the game
    2. Vanilla was an amazing experience in 2004, but a lot of it doesn't hold up in 2018 - class balance, PvP (which was grindier than anything in Legion)
    3. Cata wasn't bad, the final tier just lasted too long
    4. Mists is the best expansion they've done, overall
    5. WoD was great in a lot of ways (leveling, story/cinematics), but suffered from over-reliance on garrisons and being dropped by Blizz to work on Legion
    6. Legendaries in Legion suck - tying up gamechanging QoL improvements and buffs in ultra-RNG gear was utter bullshit
    7. BC is overrated and has aged terribly
    8. Titanforging and Warforging are good
    9. Sylvanas is a poorly written, inconsistent leader that I eagerly hope to annihilate one day
    10. Ghostcrawler was awesome and we were lucky to have such an honest and open window into the game's development
    11. I think BFA looks nice, as I am utterly exhausted with the idea of being a cosmic hero wielding a god-weapon
    12. I'm glad Artifacts are going away, see #11
    13. The new talent system > the old talent system
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

1) Alliance players have little right to complain about Zandalari Druid forms & other perceived imbalances in how cool the Horde Ally races are because the Alliance is just a bland & basic faction in general.
    2) If it weren't for the over the top grinding & The Broken Shore being a bit of a let down, Legion would be WoW's best expansion of all time.
    3) As it stands, Legion is still one of the best, up there with TBC & MoP.
    4) The Battle for Azeroth cinematic is pretty bad. It honestly made me cringe.
    5) People that talk about game systems they don't understand are the biggest blight on the community.

& the big one...

6) Leveling changes that came in 7.3.5 is a case of too little, too late. For years I've said that the reduced difficulty & time spent leveling post-shattering has led to many new players lacking fundamental game knowledge, talent knowledge, and even spell knowledge. I learned more about my character in a pre 2.3 run of Shadowfang Keep than someone leveling in the last few years would pick up while leveling to cap.

The game has entirely failed new players for way too long, and the leveling changes are like trying to put a bandage on a severed leg. The result is a disproportionate amount of players who're frankly terrible at the game, because the leveling experience wasn't the learning experience it should've been for them.

[*]I think WOTLK was a mediocre expansion. A total of 2 new raid bosses at expansion release, dungs that you rolled over with ease, crafting system that was irrelevant already on week1, repgrinds was over within a week, and later raidteirs was ruined by gating and limited attempts (toc/icc). Its the first expansion where i felt that there was nothing to do online.
    [*]Professions arent part of endgame gearing. Id like this to change, i love crafting. All this game needs is rare materials added in the higher difficulties.
    [*]I loved the artifact power grind in m+ (or maybe i just loved m+, but ap grind was a really good carrot). What i hated was artifact knowledge, the feeling that everything i did the first months was irrelevant because of how exponential scaling works...

7+ Year Old Account
    With exception of WoD to Legion every expansion has been worse than the last (Legion is still worse than MoP).

I honestly don't believe that the writers at Blizzard have any creative say, it's entirely chosen by gameplay teams and they have to explain it despite it making zero sense whatsoever.

I don't think it's possible for someone to enjoy WoW's PvP more than other PvP games, so I just assume everyone who plays it just doesn't play real PvP games.

The gap between skilled active players who do current content and casual players stuck in queue hell grows every expansion and WoW doesn't do enough to fix this.

I might be back with more later.

apparently, favoring Master Loot is now unpopular according to Blizzard.

Also: Genn Greymane is one of the best current characters in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    1)
    6) Leveling changes that came in 7.3.5 is a case of too little, too late. For years I've said that the reduced difficulty & time spent leveling post-shattering has led to many new players lacking fundamental game knowledge, talent knowledge, and even spell knowledge. I learned more about my character in a pre 2.3 run of Shadowfang Keep than someone leveling in the last few years would pick up while leveling to cap.

The game has entirely failed new players for way too long, and the leveling changes are like trying to put a bandage on a severed leg. The result is a disproportionate amount of players who're frankly terrible at the game, because the leveling experience wasn't the learning experience it should've been for them.
    Well said! This is spot on. But I guess we have to go with the case of "Better late than never".

WoW has existed for 14 years (& Warcraft has existed for even longer), so I don't really think the game has a lot of new players joining each year, but I would love to see some statistics for that. Of course we're all getting older, so that should mean more kids will discover the game eventually.

It would be very interesting to see statistics on the player base, like how many currently subbed have played WoW before and how many new players are joining each year. But this is probably never going to happen, since they don't release sub numbers anymore.

5+ Year Old Account
    mythic plus sucks

The community expects you to be more than you can achieve.

Wanna do Mythic plus? You better have a 2k raider.io score.
    Wanna do the latest raid? Better have at least AotC.

You might be good enough to do mythic plus with no problems, you might be able to preform well in normal or heroic raids, but unless you have those things, most people won't invite you. And the response with, make your own group, sometimes don't work, because if the party wipes even once, most times players will just end up leaving.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Legion was the best xpac so far.
    A very cool signature text.