Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    Because those are not the same type of orcs.
    Playable orcs are the tainted one.
    Now they are giving us the plain orc type with 0 fel topping.

Is like the Blood Elves and High Elves or Kalimdor Tauren and HMTauren

Slightly different race from the same race, this would have been labelled as subrace but since they decide to swap nelf and belf they become allied race.

Also because subrace would be a mere Customization with no racial and no heritage armour and no mount.
    Again though we’re not lore characters there’s no reason playable orcs need to be corrupted.

Blood elfs and high elfs or moose cows and normal cows are not the same. High elfs and moose cows are/we’re not part of the horde and have different lore. Brown orcs have been part of the horde since tbc and are the same other then they didn’t go though the portal. Again garrosh is the perfect example he’s no different then a green orc other then being brown.

There the same race one is green one is not but there still the same.

All of this is true but again that’s not a reason our orcs can’t be brown but it is a reason to bring in wod orcs.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    I'm just wondering how many raid tiers we lost from each race implemented.

(this joke will never stop being funny to me)
    With how Blizz runs things - there continues to be truth in your argument. I feel very ambivalent reading it...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Again though we’re not lore characters there’s no reason playable orcs need to be corrupted.

Blood elfs and high elfs or moose cows and normal cows are not the same. High elfs and moose cows are/we’re not part of the horde and have different lore. Brown orcs have been part of the horde since tbc and are the same other then they didn’t go though the portal. Again garrosh is the perfect example he’s no different then a green orc other then being brown.

There the same race one is green one is not but there still the same.

All of this is true but again that’s not a reason our orcs can’t be brown but it is a reason to bring in wod orcs.
    Who are you to tell us we have to play non corrupted orc since Vanilla started post tft?

Vanilla orcs were from Thrall/Grom horde and they were all green aka corrupted.

Blood Elves are High Elves since blizzard stated it more than once.
    Their difference is that Blood Elf seems to have green eyes and more " magic hunger "

Moose and Tauren are from the same prime race like are yangol or taunka.

Brown orcs and Green orcs, I will say for the last time, are not the same race they are a mutation like belf and void elf.

Different skin, different RACIALS.

Also comparing NPC from last 3 expack because doesn't work for the current narrative that you are trying to push.
    Especially when the current brown orcs are from Outland and are following Garrosh/Thrall after TBC.

The playable brown are from AU Draenor hence you will get more than " brown " orcs but basically any orcs from the original clans with the only difference as skin colors.
    Last edited by mmoc98623435d5; 2018-03-13 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    I mean is like asking why Sylvanas had a Nelf model in vanilla then a Belf and now a new one.

"There wasn't the technology"

7+ Year Old Account
    Who are you to tell us we have to play non corrupted orc since Vanilla started post tft?

Vanilla orcs were from Thrall/Grom horde and they were all green aka corrupted.

Blood Elves are High Elves since blizzard stated it more than once.
    Their difference is that Blood Elf seems to have green eyes and more " magic hunger "

Moose and Tauren are from the same prime race like are yangol or taunka.

Brown orcs and Green orcs, I will say for the last time, are not the same race they are a mutation like belf and void elf.

Different skin, different RACIALS.

Also comparing NPC from last 3 expack because doesn't work for the current narrative that you are trying to push.
    Especially when the current brown orcs are from Outland and are following Garrosh/Thrall after TBC.

The playable brown are from AU Draenor hence you will get more than " brown " orcs but basically any orcs from the original clans with the only difference as skin colors.
    So again we are not lore characters your orc rouge does not exist in the lore. There is no reason we couldn’t be brown orcs as they were part of the horde since tbc.

Blood elfs have green eyes from fel there eyes will turn back to blue when the fel is purged by the sun well.

Moose can cow are the same race one side has a blessing one doesn’t but there the same race.

Brown orcs and green orcs are the same race one as a curse one doesn’t much like the moose and cows. Void elfs on the other hand were forcefully twisted by the void but even they might still be the same race just cursed.

They wouldn’t have different races thrall was born green but never had any demon blood he would be no different then a brown orc.

You also don’t seem to understand the “narrative I’m trying to push” au orcs make sense as an alied race as there not the same orcs we have and have cultural and proabbly racial differences. That how ever does not mean a green orc and a brown orc are different other then there color. Thrall doesn’t have any fel corruption other then being green he’s litteraly the same as a brown orc he’s just green. We even see in his kids he doesn’t pass down the green color as his son is brown.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    I am concerned that in the long run, allied races will do more harm than good to the overall health of the game. They are shifting development resources away from what could otherwise have been used to develop playable content.

1. Hundreds of quests and areas have been created to introduce these races to the story.

People complaining about the lackluster Alliance zones in BFA? That is only the tip of the iceberg as more and more allied race quests are created and the developers are forced to cut corners on the actual world content. Remember the old adage 'it'll cost you a raid tier'? Expect more Boring Shore patches as more allied races are released.

2. A suite of racial abilities must be created.
    The developers have worked on coming up with, iterating on then finally implementing dozens of spells and abilities for these allied races. And people wonder why so little attention has been given to the spells and abilities of the actual classes in BFA.

3. Class animations/barber options/skeletons need to be devised.
    When a significant portion of art resources are being devoted to customisation options for these new races, it is no wonder that the rest of the game's art quality suffers as a result. Who has time to fix goblin and female worgens when they are working on orcs and dwarves?

In summary, I think that these allied races are a complete waste of development resources and are not sustainable in the long term. The orc, draenai, tauren, dwarf, zandalari, etc skins could simply have been added to the barber shop of the existing races for a very minor fraction of the development resources. I hope that this feature is not continued after BFA.
    1) Hundreds of quests?
    What the heck are you talking about? There were like 1-2 quests per allied race. Or do you count the hundreds of highmountain and nightborne quests in broken isles as allied race content? Lmao.

2) Are you seriously complaining about racial abilities?
    All of them use pre-existing spell effect assets so far, aside from void elf teleport, and it was insanely easy to come up with these abilities, most of them are just a % increase or a better version of what already exists for that race (see HM). A blizz employee could think about these spells while taking a dump, seriously.

3) Have you ever heard that the art team is one of the first who is done with their jobs every expansion? Therefore creating a few more haircuts or cosmetic tattoos isn't much of an effort.

In summary, you are basically acting as if every allied race requires as much work as a regular race (pandaren/goblin/etc). It's just a simple reskin and some scripting for most, with some unique models like zandalari forms, which the team has no problem creating. Look at the dino forms, they came out AFTER thousands of art models were already datamined. And that's AFTER blizz said 'No dino forms other than travel form', meaning the art team was done with most of their assignments, and therefore assigned to create a dino form, which would require 0 effort to implement in the game, and please a large part of the playerbase.

You basically sound as if you are complaining about the art assets not being utilised, while their art team is usually done early with everything, it's the rest of the team (scripting, music, etc) that requires a ton of work to be done. And Allied races use close to none of that.

Also BfA will come out with like a launch raid of 8 bosses, they will have another raid in the same tier (like NH), 6 zones to quest in, a huge campaign, world quests, m+, 10 dungeons or smth, 2 new features, plunder isles and warfronts and anything else a usual expansion has.

So in conclusion, BfA has EVERYTHING a good expansion needs, plus a ton of awesome races.

This is the result of not completely reworking every single class and spec in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    This is the result of not completely reworking every single class and spec in the game.
    I think they actually said that at Blizzcon, but don't quote me on it. IIRC, they came out during one of the later panels and explained that by not reworking everything, they were free to focus on making new content related to allied races. The only major changes were to remove artifacts and fix like 2-3 specs overall (like survival having ranged options, which seems super weird) to maintain class fantasy over spec fantasy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So again we are not lore characters your orc rouge does not exist in the lore. There is no reason we couldn’t be brown orcs as they were part of the horde since tbc.

Blood elfs have green eyes from fel there eyes will turn back to blue when the fel is purged by the sun well.

Moose can cow are the same race one side has a blessing one doesn’t but there the same race.

Brown orcs and green orcs are the same race one as a curse one doesn’t much like the moose and cows. Void elfs on the other hand were forcefully twisted by the void but even they might still be the same race just cursed.

They wouldn’t have different races thrall was born green but never had any demon blood he would be no different then a brown orc.

You also don’t seem to understand the “narrative I’m trying to push” au orcs make sense as an alied race as there not the same orcs we have and have cultural and proabbly racial differences. That how ever does not mean a green orc and a brown orc are different other then there color. Thrall doesn’t have any fel corruption other then being green he’s litteraly the same as a brown orc he’s just green. We even see in his kids he doesn’t pass down the green color as his son is brown.
    Again with " non lore characters " the fuck means?

We are not lore characters and? We are not playing all the wow races, we play green orcs now.

Thrall is green because his parents got tainted by del magic used by warlocks in orc society, they never drank, he got it from them basically.

Blood Elf have still green eyes, because ( and this was answered in a Q&A) the fel mutation need years to wear off since it is even a genetic mutation that get carried over to their child like Green Orcs even if Mannorroth is death since like 20 years?

This push is getting pretty weak man.

Green orcs and Mag'thar are not the same race.

Like Belf and Velf are no longer the same race otherwise Velf would have belf traits plus void one or 50/50.

Really stop.with the " not lore characters " bullshit and listen to the audio when you create an Orc in vanilla.
    Orcs are the green one, even after TBC a D wotlk only green ones.

Now they are adding the Mag'thar that are another type/race or well the original orc race, get over please.

Deleted
    Also thrall son I brown because aggra is a Mag'thar maybe?

Deleted
    In summary, I think that these allied races are a complete waste of development resources and are not sustainable in the long term. The orc, draenai, tauren, dwarf, zandalari, etc skins could simply have been added to the barber shop of the existing races for a very minor fraction of the development resources. I hope that this feature is not continued after BFA.
    Oh look we found the "Armchair developer of the day" who knows everything better.
    Thank good YOUR OPINION doesnt matter to Blizzard and AR will continue after BFA....

Deleted
    Also just to remind, thrall son is green in mop and brown in legion.

So this can prove my point and show us how shamanism can help to purify orcs.

L2lore

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    With how Blizz runs things - there continues to be truth in your argument. I feel very ambivalent reading it...
    Oh really?

Please, do share how many "raid tiers" we lost in Legion to the production resources going into art assets of Artifacts/Order Halls.

Seriously, are you people still playing WoD? Or mentally stuck and haven't logged in since Cata?
    The way that Blizz has been "running things" with WoW as of Legion has been a remarkable step-up from what used to go down before, when their team was half the size that it currently is. The very first Alpha datamine of BfA had more models to it than entire expansions could receive before Legion.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-03-13 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    The only opposite faction models are the elf ones.
    Doubt more races will get mirrored in the faction distribution.

They clearly showed they wanted the Human vs. Orc. feeling back, so they will try to maintain (somehow) what the Alliance and the Horde were since the start.
    The Horde had its most popular model copied over to the Alliance and the Alliance their second most popular model to the Horde. It sets a precedent for future model swaps. Nathanos-like Undead and High Elves are already being demanded. The Alliance even wanted Draenor Orcs.

The more I think about the Allied Race model the more I fear factions loosing another spark of uniqueness as the game becomes over-saturated with allied races.

This thread is just about people not liking certain new features in the game, and those people assuming that time spent on those features they don’t care about will negatively affect them in other areas of the game. If you can’t be bothered to enjoy new racials, emotes, and appearances in general for current races, then you’re likely not enjoying the game in general at the moment, and any new bells and whistles you’re demanding from Blizz will likely not keep you entertained in the longhaul.

TLDR: Take some time off from the game, do something else that brings you joy.
    Stoneskin, Mana Spring, Wrath of Air, Totem of Wrath...

7+ Year Old Account
    Again with " non lore characters " the fuck means?

We are not lore characters and? We are not playing all the wow races, we play green orcs now.

Thrall is green because his parents got tainted by del magic used by warlocks in orc society, they never drank, he got it from them basically.

Blood Elf have still green eyes, because ( and this was answered in a Q&A) the fel mutation need years to wear off since it is even a genetic mutation that get carried over to their child like Green Orcs even if Mannorroth is death since like 20 years?

This push is getting pretty weak man.

Green orcs and Mag'thar are not the same race.

Like Belf and Velf are no longer the same race otherwise Velf would have belf traits plus void one or 50/50.

Really stop.with the " not lore characters " bullshit and listen to the audio when you create an Orc in vanilla.
    Orcs are the green one, even after TBC a D wotlk only green ones.

Now they are adding the Mag'thar that are another type/race or well the original orc race, get over please.
    We’re not lore not lore characters as in the campion we play does not have to fit the playable races lore wise.

Thrall is green but he isn’t a different race then garrosh.

The blood elfs eyes will turn blue after years of feeding off the sun well it wouldn’t happen naturally. The orcs are not feeding off the sun well so we don’t know if they would stop being green.

They are the same race.

Gameplay mechanics have nothing to do with lore or who is what race.

The vo is Irelevent dk’s don’t get it for example.

I’ve already stated there adding s different kind of uncorrupted orc and why it works, there is nothing to get over.

- - - Updated - - -

Also just to remind, thrall son is green in mop and brown in legion.

So this can prove my point and show us how shamanism can help to purify orcs.

L2lore
    Shamans don’t work that way.... thrall is the worlds strongest shaman yet is still green.

Am i the only one who thinks they are a total waste of time. Fundamentally what do you get? A 110 level grind if you want your 'special' armour and some random racial.

Dont see why there is so much hype.

I am concerned that in the long run, allied races will do more harm than good to the overall health of the game. They are shifting development resources away from what could otherwise have been used to develop playable content.
    They seem to be a case of adding sub races with the least amount of effort to me.

No. And more no. This is a player created problem. Human nature dictates that people will whine about everything.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the content in this game, the layers are what is wrong with the game.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Oh really?

Please, do share how many "raid tiers" we lost in Legion to the production resources going into art assets of Artifacts/Order Halls.

Seriously, are you people still playing WoD? Or mentally stuck and haven't logged in since Cata?
    The way that Blizz has been "running things" with WoW as of Legion has been a remarkable step-up from what used to go down before, when their team was half the size that it currently is. The very first Alpha datamine of BfA had more models to it than entire expansions could receive before Legion.
    Look at ToV or the shit show that's been the Legion patches. I haven't had need to connect since I killed KJ in Legion. Last time I encountered any gnome lore was about 8 years ago and instead of expanding on current races lore they're parading out the allied races while giving us more orcs and humans. Is it really that frustrating to read opinions you disagree with, while knowing they make a billion a year on this game yet can't employ more than a couple hundred devs and have to milk it with shrinking continents and arbitrary time-gating and needless RNG not to mention mission tables? I'd be mad too, if I weren't already out.
    I'm merely expressing it's been looking bad for a while and continues to do so and will continue to speak with my wallet while putting my opinion out there.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-03-13 at 08:47 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.