Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

whats the point of tattoo's if we can't see them?

The wow communities asked for tattoos and/or markings for years, and with the allied races, blizzard seemed to finally answer this, with races like highmountain, lightforged and nightborne having them. And this is great, it gives more variety to character design.

But am I the only one kind of disappointed at the fact that we get to choose tattoos, only we end up almost never seeing them, covered by armor.

Horde players can overcome this, since highmountain tauren get a chest piece that lets you see their tattoos, and suramar elves can pic something like the garrison grunt armor to show off their ones. Alliance doesn't really have this, for light forged draenei.

After the adventure we went on with T'paartos, who even at the end seemed intent on showing off his awesome tattoos, I think we should get something like 'T'paartos's chest armor' as a joke piece.
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    T
    r
    a
    n
    s
    m
    o
    g

RP
    T-mog
    Same reason why people are having tatoos in the places they don't show.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    What’s the point of any customization by that logic?

I am kinda hoping all these allied races having tatoo stuff means we get more armor in the expansion that allows you to see more of the tattoos. For alliance you are basically doing vanilla era transmogs for some of the earlier platemail bikini type looks that actually are revealing. Which means uglier lower quality armor looks. Well unless you are a monk as they have some more revealing armor options for their monk specific stuff.

This is why I choose tattoo patterns and armors that are on/reveal the upper arm section. Zandalari troll's gold bicep tats are gonna look nice with sleeveless armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    RP
    T-mog
    Same reason why people are having tatoos in the places they don't show.
    indeed. these people are so hopeless. And then they tell you some non sense crap like "the tattoo represent my view and feeling of the world and i want it to be hidden because my feelings are private and..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Roleplay and certain transmogs. Tattoos are just a general cosmetic thing that you wish to show off. I guess your question includes the real world.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    What about Shirts, I want a Hide Chestpiece option.

But that'd probably bring out all the slutmog people (not counting demon hunters).

So, maybe only enable the option with a visible shirt equipped

"Shirt on top" like a tabard without underside, could work as well, and tabard would go over that if you showed it.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-13 at 06:06 PM.

Deleted
    Tatoos can be visible via transmogs

what is bad about the tatoos, notably NIghtborne and Lightforged, is that they are barely visible even with no armor on

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah! And why bother to make different faces and hairstyles/colors when they get covered up by helms anyway?

:P

Transmog/RP obviously.

I asked a question about that issue in forums related to the Live Q&A on Thursday.
    Let's see what they will say about it.
    I think it is time for them to allow the hide Chest piece option, at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    indeed. these people are so hopeless. And then they tell you some non sense crap like "the tattoo represent my view and feeling of the world and i want it to be hidden because my feelings are private and..."
    Know what's more hopeless, people who can't even read my original post.

Let me spell it out again. Horde has options to have more revealing chest armor, but alliance players do not!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I asked a question about that issue in forums related to the Live Q&A on Thursday.
    Let's see what they will say about it.
    I think it is time for them to allow the hide Chest piece option, at least.
    I've been saying that for years. The number of contrary nitwits who try and throw in mental gymnastics why it wouldn't work, yet you have lore based characters like Grom hellscream, Garrosh, Baine, Malfurion, T'paartos, that Rambo parody in Redridge, all walking around or fighting like that, its not that far a stretch to ask for the option and be like a real berserker, runemaster, or whatever class would go without.
    #boycottchina

Why would you wear transmog that hides them if you want to show then off?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    What about Shirts, I want a Hide Chestpiece option.

But that'd probably bring out all the slutmog people (not counting demon hunters).

So, maybe only enable the option with a visible shirt equipped

"Shirt on top" like a tabard without underside, could work as well, and tabard would go over that if you showed it.
    Just think of all the Gnomes walkin around in wifebeaters...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Yeah! And why bother to make different faces and hairstyles/colors when they get covered up by helms anyway?

:P

Transmog/RP obviously.
    You can choose to make helms invisible
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    What's the point of everyone grinding ICC for invisible if you cant see it?

Deleted
    whats the point of tattoo's if we can't see them?
    I got triggered when I was reading that title. Then I found out that it's about in-game tattoos....

Use your imagination and build a transmog that shows off the tattoos as much as possible?

Talk about non-issues...

Still hoping for hide options for all slots. It's not like we can't already run around naked using that Moroe's Armor Polish toy, it just has a cooldown.

Currently we can hide capes, helmets, shoulders and boots that I know of, but male armor is far more restrictive transmog-wise as far as showing skin. We do not get the privilege of an endless array of platekinis.

I think the ones I'd care about the most would be hiding gloves, bracers, and chest, but at that point like I said you might as well add the option for everything. This is the expansion of class fantasy and I want my shirtless warrior dangit!

Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-03-14 at 03:06 AM.