Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

  1. #1
    Pit Lord Souls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Trump University
    Posts
    2,394

    Trump personal aide fired, rehired minutes later to work on campaign

    TLDR: Trump's personal aide was fired because he couldn't get a security clearance due to alleged serious financial crimes. He was then immediately re-hired to serve as an advisor for Trump's re-election campaign. You just can't make this shit up.


    https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/polit...nce/index.html

    President Donald Trump's longtime personal aide John McEntee was fired because he is currently under investigation by the Department of Homeland Security for serious financial crimes, a source familiar with his firing told CNN.

    The charges are not related to the President, the source said.

    Minutes after news of his departure broke, the Trump campaign announced McEntee would be joining the reelection effort as a senior adviser for campaign operations.

    McEntee escorted from the White House on Monday, three sources with knowledge of the matter told CNN. Two sources said McEntee was pushed out because of issues with his security clearance, making him just the latest aide to be forced out because of difficulties obtaining a full security clearance.

    McEntee declined a CNN request to comment.

    "We do not comment on personnel issues," White House press secretary Sarah Sanders told CNN in a statement.

    McEntee, who joined the Trump campaign in its first months, is the latest of the President's longest-serving aides to leave or announce plans to leave the White House, following the resignation of White House communications direct Hope Hicks two weeks earlier.

    McEntee served as Trump's body man during the campaign and into the White House alongside the President's longtime bodyguard Keith Schiller, who left the White House last fall. The role meant McEntee was nearly constantly at the President's side.

    The Wall Street Journal first reported the news of his exit.

    Trump reelection campaign manager Brad Parscale announced McEntee's hire alongside that of Katrina Pierson, a Trump campaign spokesperson in 2016 who will join the 2020 campaign as a senior adviser.

    "As we build out our operations for the 2018 midterm elections and the 2020 reelection campaign, we are pleased to welcome back two outstanding members of our 2016 team," Parscale said in a statement. "We need the help of proven leaders such as Katrina and John to promote the President's growing portfolio of achievements across the country."

    McEntee is just the latest aide to leave the White House amid issues with his security clearance, after White House chief of staff John Kelly enacted a series of reforms following the scandal involving disgraced White House staff secretary Rob Porter.

    Kelly sought to limit access to classified information for aides with longstanding interim security clearances and several aides have since left the White House after it became clear their applications for a full security clearances would not be approved.

  2. #2
    No need to care for the rule of law.

  3. #3
    He h(f)ires only the best crooks.

  4. #4
    Trump is draining the swamp not to remove the corruption, but to distill and concentrate it.

  5. #5
    This one's going to have legs.

    Next step: we find out what his financial crimes
    Following step: how long did the rest of the White House know about them before firing
    Dessert step: why is Trump's campaign hiring someone under investigation (AGAIN?!?)
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Dessert step: why is Trump's campaign hiring someone under investigation (AGAIN?!?)
    So they fit in?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    This one's going to have legs.

    Next step: we find out what his financial crimes
    Following step: how long did the rest of the White House know about them before firing
    Dessert step: why is Trump's campaign hiring someone under investigation (AGAIN?!?)
    It's amusing, because conservatives totally lost their shit when the Hillary campaign hired Wasserman Schultz after she was fired as DNC chair. Proof of how crooked she and Clinton/Democrats were etc. etc.

    Wonder if that same standard will come into play here, especially considering there's an actual fucking DHS investigation into him.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wonder if that same standard will come into play here, especially considering there's an actual fucking DHS investigation into him.
    Of course it won't. We have ample proof that they will ignore any and all corruption, no matter how blatant, so long as it comes from their own party.

  9. #9
    The Insane cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    18,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    TLDR: Trump's personal aide was fired because he couldn't get a security clearance due to alleged serious financial crimes. He was then immediately re-hired to serve as an advisor for Trump's re-election campaign. You just can't make this shit up.


    https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/polit...nce/index.html
    Apparently he's good with financial numbers . . . .
    The less you know, the more you believe.

    Science has promised us nothing and given us everything, faith has promised us everything and given us nothing.

  10. #10
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    19,003
    Only the best for the campaign.

  11. #11
    The Insane cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    18,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's amusing, because conservatives totally lost their shit when the Hillary campaign hired Wasserman Schultz after she was fired as DNC chair. Proof of how crooked she and Clinton/Democrats were etc. etc.

    Wonder if that same standard will come into play here, especially considering there's an actual fucking DHS investigation into him.
    And it's curious that it's the DHS investigating him. I thought it would be the FBI doing that kind of criminal investigation. Does espionage come into play here . . . .
    The less you know, the more you believe.

    Science has promised us nothing and given us everything, faith has promised us everything and given us nothing.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    TLDR: Trump's personal aide was fired because he couldn't get a security clearance due to alleged serious financial crimes. He was then immediately re-hired to serve as an advisor for Trump's re-election campaign. You just can't make this shit up.


    https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/polit...nce/index.html


    Can you imagine the dirt this guy must have on trump to land a job that quick....lol

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Can you imagine the dirt this guy must have on trump to land a job that quick....lol
    he might not have any dirt, trump rewards loyalty (even when he REALLY shouldn't) so as long as he said the right things in an sufficiently sycophantic way hes in the clear.

  14. #14
    I feel like the line "is this the real life or is this just fantasy" from Bohemian Rhapsody fully encapsulates this entire administration.

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  15. #15
    Being under investigation for financial crimes of course makes him Trump's kind of guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  16. #16
    The Insane Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    16,736
    Who needs a security clearance to work for the Trump campaign? If it was good enough for Kushner, Bannon, Manafort, Gates, Lewandowski...

  17. #17
    The writing for this season is getting ridiculous. Do they really think crap like this is believable?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    The writing for this season is getting ridiculous. Do they really think crap like this is believable?
    I wouldn't worry about Trump, seeing as his supporters gobble up the worst sorts of evil as a plus for him.

    Or that it's a "joke", "he's not serious about it", "he didn't know" or "better than liburuls anyway".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    If he told you to lick his crusty balls would you?.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I'm 100% certain that I would.

  19. #19
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toulouse
    Posts
    5,365
    When you read the conservative news, they focus on the firing part, praising Trump for getting rid of the corrupts and criminals in the white house. #draintheswamp #maga
    But they conveniently leave the part where Trump re hire him for his Trump 2020 campaign, That's totally fake news from the liberal mainstream media.

    The amount of cognitive dissonance you need to be a Trump supporter is staggering.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    The amount of cognitive dissonance you need to be a Trump supporter is staggering.
    Yeah, you basically can't be a Trump supporter if you don't have a talent for psyching yourself into passing off eating shit as the bestest bigly chocolate in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    If he told you to lick his crusty balls would you?.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I'm 100% certain that I would.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •