Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm all for pruning abilities that rarely find any use or are niche at best, but as enhancement shaman, I've lost the following:

-Tremor Totem
    -Grounding Totem
    -Healing Stream Totem
    -Ancestral Guidance
    -Windwalk Totem
    -Call of the Elements

All which was meaningful utility, at least in PvP. Could also make argument for losing shamanistic rage for inferior astral shift, losing baseline ascendance, baseline lightning shield (useful when glyphed for 10% reduced damage taken), fire nova+flame shock+lava lash interaction removed in favor for crash lightning, dull frontal cone attack.

All of these changes reduced the support-centric enhancement shaman I loved into a squishy damage bot.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ok so i lose 25 perks with my artifact... none on my bars
    i lose abilities from my artifact.... no artifact has more then 1 abilitiy so...
    legendaries? again passive, not action bars

why the fuckl are you crying about action bar sizes, then your only point is "they are removing passives"
    passives dont go on your bars aggro.
    I didn't. I said this was the largest prune yet - It is. Mostly passives this time but quite a few actives as well of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, that looks pretty sad. You also have to remember that you lose 25+ perks and abilities from your artifact, all the ones from legendaries, tier sets and so on. Never befor has so much been removed from the game without Blizzard adding a single spell.

Nice try though, as always.
    Well, each spec gets one ability removed (or moved to talents), and almost EVERY trait is straight throughput (whether damage, defense, or heal), except for stuff like no fall damage for Sub Rogues or moving during Tranq for Resto Druids (some of which get baked into the spec). I know that Arms Warriors gain more than lose (Overpower made baseline and reworked to do what Shattered Defenses and Tactitian did with CS, CS reworked to be a cooldown, Mastery reworked and Warbreaker moved to talents, one thing we lost was Battle Cry, which was a shit cooldown for Arms anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Well, each spec gets one ability removed (or moved to talents), and almost EVERY trait is straight throughput (whether damage, defense, or heal), except for stuff like no fall damage for Sub Rogues or moving during Tranq for Resto Druids (some of which get baked into the spec). I know that Arms Warriors gain more than lose (Overpower made baseline and reworked to do what Shattered Defenses and Tactitian did with CS, CS reworked to be a cooldown, Mastery reworked and Warbreaker moved to talents, one thing we lost was Battle Cry, which was a shit cooldown for Arms anyway).
    No, most are procs or change how spells synergise with eachother. Few legendaries are just stats and I'm not sure a single tier bonus is, maybe a few.
    All in all, most classes are abolutely gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    Wait till BfA hits and you'll have a third of those macroes.
    Next patch notes incomming:
    "/Target Arena X now targets a random enemy arena player to increase the fun aspect of WoW.
    In PvP environment each time you succesfuly apply crowd control effects there is 0.5% chance it stuns your opponent for 15s.
    You get random Ilvl [1300:1500] item at the end of each season based on your rating. Rating is random.
    Warriors no longer have defensive CDs.
    Hamstring removed.
    Death from Above has 5% chance to instantly kill your target and 5% chance to apply fall damage killing you instantly.
    Roll the Dice has 3% chance to instantly kill you.
    #RNGIsFun #MoreRNG #IonPlz #MoreCasualFriendly #WhyNot #PruneMeMoreBaby"
    They must be learning from Hearthstone where only like 20% of that is skill the other 80 is RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Honestly you have a lot of useless shit on your bars that's not even needed. How long has it been since you banished a demon? 10 years? lmao
    Is that a joke? You, and everyone else in this thread should go try playing the game.
    Not just sitting around in org and complaining about your action bars.

For me, even though the classes I play have less rotational abilities than they did in WoD (Which was nearly 2 years ago now, not sure why we are still talking about it) the class plays MUCH more actively and there is much more decision behind my character's output thanks to Legendaries and better balance with talents and other utility.

Really, if you think you have too few abilities its YOU who is the casual.

Look at a game like LoL and you'll see why fewer abilities can actually make for a more competitive experience.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and what kind of healthy game requires more hotkeys then keys on a keyboard?
    I know it might be hard for you to grasp, but some people actually enjoy complex gameplay. It's fine if you don't, but it's a valid complaint for people who enjoy competitive gaming, because complexity is a part of that.

Blizzard took a step into right direction with the introduction of active honor talents, so that the ability bloat doesn't affect casuals/pve players, but there is a number of players who actually want a bit more.

That said, I'm fine with what it is now, but as someone who used to play arena on high level few expansions ago, I can actually understand the OP.

I honestly think the real problem is addons, rather than number of keys. Addons made it possible to have dozens and dozens of keybinds visible on the screen at once, which is great for the tiny proportion of the userbase that can use them effectively, but in doing so, they raised the level of optimal play so high that literally nobody will ever reach it. The "optimal" UI for playing WoW is anything but a fun UI. Blizz is trying to find a mix of skills that are not only inherently fun, but which addon writers won't ruin via optimization. As it stands, addons are so critical to gameplay that you literally aren't allowed to raid without them, for most people. That's a problem that ought to be corrected, whether by disabling certain things, or by incorporating them into the base game.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I know it might be hard for you to grasp, but some people actually enjoy complex gameplay. It's fine if you don't, but it's a valid complaint for people who enjoy competitive gaming, because complexity is a part of that.

Blizzard took a step into right direction with the introduction of active honor talents, so that the ability bloat doesn't affect casuals/pve players, but there is a number of players who actually want a bit more.

That said, I'm fine with what it is now, but as someone who used to play arena on high level few expansions ago, I can actually understand the OP.
    yes its fine for people to enjoy extremly overly needed complexity in their game.
    but then to comaplin about it and claim EVERYONE hates it... whatever, and also making click baity and nothing but crying threads like this...

If they made discussions and talked about what they like, what they dont like, what they want blizzard to do, not to do, change, or revert would be fine.
    but its just a clickbait followed by "fuck blizzard for removing stuff" which i agree, i dont like them removing stuff, but really they have removed mostly uneeded things, and usually replaced them, or made them no longer needed.
    like curses, yeah they were cool, but the fights were made with them in mind, so if you remove them, then well you dont need to make fights stronger to deal with them, simply they were punishments for groups who didnt bring them, same with buffs.
    adding buffs to make people do 5% more damage, just makes it so the boss needs 5% more health, so removing those does nothing really, other then rewarding groups who normally would have a harder time since they were missing said buff, but glad they are adding them back.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    You said that the minority is always loudest, a statement I belive is complete bullshit. But feel free to back it up with some actual number.
    Don't you know being vocal is being too loud?! /s
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Is that a joke? You, and everyone else in this thread should go try playing the game.
    Not just sitting around in org and complaining about your action bars.

For me, even though the classes I play have less rotational abilities than they did in WoD (Which was nearly 2 years ago now, not sure why we are still talking about it) the class plays MUCH more actively and there is much more decision behind my character's output thanks to Legendaries and better balance with talents and other utility.

Really, if you think you have too few abilities its YOU who is the casual.

Look at a game like LoL and you'll see why fewer abilities can actually make for a more competitive experience.
    lol k characters

Honestly you have a lot of useless shit on your bars that's not even needed. How long has it been since you banished a demon? 10 years? lmao
    So.. complain about pruning, and then say the abilities are useless anyway? But if Blizzard takes them away, the sky is falling, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    So.. complain about pruning, and then say the abilities are useless anyway? But if Blizzard takes them away, the sky is falling, right?
    Toxic fanbase in a nutshell: Complain if you do, complain if you don't.
    I use more skills on my main now than what i used in vanilla / tbc.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

what the fuck? banish not useful?

think you mean you're an awful warlock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Divinism View Post
    I'm all for pruning abilities that rarely find any use or are niche at best, but as enhancement shaman, I've lost the following:

-Tremor Totem
    -Grounding Totem
    -Healing Stream Totem
    -Ancestral Guidance
    -Windwalk Totem
    -Call of the Elements

All which was meaningful utility, at least in PvP. Could also make argument for losing shamanistic rage for inferior astral shift, losing baseline ascendance, baseline lightning shield (useful when glyphed for 10% reduced damage taken), fire nova+flame shock+lava lash interaction removed in favor for crash lightning, dull frontal cone attack.

All of these changes reduced the support-centric enhancement shaman I loved into a squishy damage bot.
    it's fine shamans are in a good place, remember how many world first guilds are stacking shamans.

oh wait it's not sunwell anymore and no-one wants shamans since than lmao, blizzard just can't stop bullying that class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    OP literally said in first post he runs target arena macros and then said he plays at 2900 rating bracket. I'm pretty sure he isn't running "only passive talents" lol
    While i would agree with you, the op has said he shadowsteps, so he is a rogue. Vast majority of rogue talents are unfortunately passives.

Assassin has like 3 new actives max (that dont replace old abilities)
    Outlaw 3 or 4
    Sub has just 1 i think

That is assuming the actives are even viable for pvp
    Last edited by mmoc1448478633; 2018-03-13 at 10:03 PM.

Get rid of your add-ons and macros then.

Yep. I went from 70+ binds in MoP to somewhere around 30 in WoD and beyond. Catering to the lowest denominator is Activision-Blizzard's MO.

Elementals can be banished, like the ones on Aggrammar; you know?

Makes everything into macros. Probably arena macros and addons. Complains about not enough buttons to press. gold star to you

I went mostly causal after Cata but IMO the pruning has ruined the game. (Downfall started in WOD)
    *if the buttons are rarely used why worry about removing them, if some people like pressing them what's the big deal leave them, if you rarely use them just don't bind them or put them on your button bar, and let the other have their fun.