Poll: To be tall or not be tall?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Exclamation I really wish blizzard wouldn't nerf the height of playable kul'tiran humans!

Since so far from what I am seeing from the pictures of NPC's being compared here! the height is absolutely fantastic and perfect!

The reason why I am hyped about the height is because the Alliance doesn't have a single huge and tall race that doesn't clip through or weird placement like
    ,Draenie with hooves and tails, Pandaren with tails and some boots uses the sandal model, Night elves have penetrative ears, Worgens mane clips through and they don't wear shoes ETC

Depends.

Are they regular humans?
    Nerf the height. Make them taller than regular ones, of course, but not THAT much.

Do they have any sort of explanation for how different they are, such as having some Vrykul or Drust blood?
    Then keep their height. Make them bigger, even. Go crazy with it.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    They should be slightly taller than normal humans. We're supposed to believe that these Kul Tirans live with and marry normal sized humans. Right now they are too big to seem like the same species as regular sized humans.

Why does anyone think they'll nerf the height? Barely anybody has complained about them being tall: they just don't like them being rotund.

Not that any of that matters, I doubt they'll do much of anything besides add more muscles to the female skin texture. They can easily increase Zandalari height because nobody will complain about them getting bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Why does anyone think they'll nerf the height?
    Well... no. But they need a reason to be so huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Hormones in their foods and lots of GMOs?

blizzard already said at blizzcon why theyre so huge. some kul'tirans have genes that make them bigger and stronger and they get even bigger and stronger because those kul'tirans are the ones who go out to sea and fight sea monsters.

not all kul'tirans look like that, only some of them are bigger and stronger than normal humans, the rest of them look normal.

saying "do they have vrykul blood" is kind of a weird thing to say, ALL humans have vrykul blood in them because all humans are decended from vrykul.

tbh they dont even really need to explain it any further, could be some vrykul abandoned babies out of fear who didnt get afflicted by the side affects of the curse of the flesh and since kul'tiras is an island nation those genes didnt get completely crossbred out, or they could simply be evolved from being on an island just like we see in plenty of island creatures in the real world
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right now they look like a race of Andre the Giants.

Which is cool. But not as an entire race. Blizz needs to either nerf the height SLIGHTLY (we're not talking same size as humans here, they can stay taller) or explain what species they're cross-bred from.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Depends.

Are they regular humans?
    Nerf the height. Make them taller than regular ones, of course, but not THAT much.
    Its a fantasy game though. You can make a thousand different reasons for them being taller:

- Humans impoverished due to lack of food from the Scourge war / refugees thinning out supplies, while Kul'tirans were unaffected
    - Kul'tiras has some innate power to it that strengthens people born there
    - They're all descended from one strong bloodline
    - They interbreed with Vrykul, or did once so they're now a hybrid race

etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Why does anyone think they'll nerf the height? Barely anybody has complained about them being tall: they just don't like them being rotund.

Not that any of that matters, I doubt they'll do much of anything besides add more muscles to the female skin texture. They can easily increase Zandalari height because nobody will complain about them getting bigger.
    Because some people claimed it's "Alpha" and the fact that large and tall humans look unrealistic and weird since they just humans but don't worry it's just a minority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Right now they look like a race of Andre the Giants.

Which is cool. But not as an entire race. Blizz needs to either nerf the height SLIGHTLY (we're not talking same size as humans here, they can stay taller) or explain what species they're cross-bred from.
    I'd rather let the lore explaining how they got so huge then again it was already explained at blizzcon, most likely this is gonna be explored.

- - - Updated - - -

Man this is one even poll

Deleted
    I wish they would totally redo the Kul'tirans and make them more a hybrid of humans and vrykul instead of advocating for morbid obesety.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun Fact: Regular humans were actully made taller in the model revamp. If you switch back to "Old Model"s you'll loose a few inches.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I wish they would totally redo the Kul'tirans and make them more a hybrid of humans and vrykul instead of advocating for morbid obesety.
    I wish you weren't advocating for stupidity :/

Homophobia is so gay.

I am ok with Kul Tirans being really large, it will make them feel a lot different than a normal Human. I dont want to just play a fat human, I want something that looks and feels completely different.

Not to mention it would be nice to finally have a race comparable to Taurens for weapon/character model size.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It looks good to me. The tallest descendant of Ulduar's creation. Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    You need to step outside your house more - they are not morbid obese. They are not tinny, without muscles like your kind, but they are not obese.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well the kul tiran females how tall they are look like the barbarian from diablo 3 a bit i kinda like that i hope they keep it as planned just make an option to people to customize them smaller if need be what say you community?
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I agree with Leodok. Unless there's a lore explanation for it, they should be smaller, for the same reason Zandalari needed to be bigger - they're supposed to mingle with the other models that are the same race as them. If Kul'tirans are humans, make them human sized, not tauren sized. Taller than humans from Stormwind for sure, but not by that much. One head taller (Night Elf height) is enough.

Alliance players seem to have an inferiority complex. They desperately want superlative features in their characters - either gigantic humans (Vrykul, Kul'tirans as they are right now) or extremely pretty humans (High Elves, Half Elves) - even when it totally breaks immersion and good taste. When I visit Boralus, I want it to look like a city of humans, not a city of humans and some giants that stand out at every corner and stall.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    You don't "nerf" character height, you change it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Hot take : they should rework Worgen and make them 5% bigger/taller.

Because.

See how large Genn is?

Last edited by Voidwielder; 2018-03-25 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    The reason why I am hyped about the height is because the Alliance doesn't have a single huge and tall race that doesn't clip through or weird placement like
    ,Draenie with hooves and tails, Pandaren with tails and some boots uses the sandal model, Night elves have penetrative ears, Worgens mane clips through and they don't wear shoes ETC
    So, the Alliance doesn't have a single huge and tall race.... yet you list 4 of them that you don't account for due to random reasons. Penetrative ears? Mane? Tails? lol.

wow.