Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Brewmaster msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,400
    Man hybrid specs were something else.
    Elemental had a spec where you basically kept all your burst damage but also got nature's swiftness. You could go toe-to-toe with rogues because of poison cleansing totem. You had the nova stun, could break stealth with magma, purge, basically do everything.

    I had a lot of epic PVP as elemental, a lot of flag carrying, blowing people up back when Natural Alignment Crystal increased nature damage by 20%.
    Those were the wild west days, I wish WoW could go back to that. You kinda' got a taste with Legion world pvp, but it just isn't the same. The game is so predictable because everything is so pruned.
    Last edited by msdos; 2018-03-14 at 09:47 AM.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So blizzard killed pvp customization... by adding pvp talents that added extra customization....


    wut?
    the only thing that killed any customisation in game were players - nobody else

    the only reason you had illusion of customisation back then was because people were idiots and didnt know any better.

    you wanna proof ? wait for classic servers - 95% of pvp community will consist of rogues hunting each other who will one shot the other one first (and 5% will be people who ... simply wont know better )

  3. #43
    Titan FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    13,646
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    the only thing that killed any customisation in game were players - nobody else

    the only reason you had illusion of customisation back then was because people were idiots and didnt know any better.

    you wanna proof ? wait for classic servers - 95% of pvp community will consist of rogues hunting each other who will one shot the other one first (and 5% will be people who ... simply wont know better )
    to be fair 95% will be killing people 20 levels above them in nothing but leveling greens, in long stun chains
    the other 5% will be geared enough to 1 shot people 20 levels below them

  4. #44
    Merely a Setback Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    25,584
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So blizzard killed pvp customization... by adding pvp talents that added extra customization....


    wut?
    Guess it is an unpopular opinion of mine but I embraced the PvP Talent tree, love the idea.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  5. #45
    That's the fast-food era, everything shall look the same so that you don't have to spend time optimizing or actually doing stuff. Hop on your char, play it as you play every other char, get the same exact loots than everybody else, move on.

    No complaint from the mass.

  6. #46
    Titan FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    13,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Guess it is an unpopular opinion of mine but I embraced the PvP Talent tree, love the idea.
    i enjoy it, because i hate having these pvp seplls in pve, like... urg what is it called that Dk's had... necrotic strike in wod? it was like an axe icon or something, and was literally useless in PVE

  7. #47
    Herald of the Titans docterfreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finding a stranger in the alps.
    Posts
    2,929
    Need the prime/major/minor glyph system to return. Current talents and PvP talents are more cookie cutter than ever before, so they need a rework too.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2018-03-14 at 10:55 AM.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    Do you feel the proposed change to PvP talents in BfA may make it better, i.e. choosing from a wider pool of talents instead of just having a 2nd talent tree?
    im very excited for those changes.
    It can possibly bring back customization. *fingers crossed*

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So blizzard killed pvp customization... by adding pvp talents that added extra customization....


    wut?
    It was a welcome addition to the game.
    But it suffers from the same problems of PvE talents.
    Some are absolutely mandatory others are completely useless

    I really hope BfA will be different with the new system.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Not everyone plays to get 2600 rating.
    I was able to reach 2100 rating playing a hybrid spec with crazy gems and trinkets.
    As said what top expect from someone with rosa glasses you played pvp back in tbc/cata and not today and has serious delusions

    [img]hts://i.imgur.com/rXLmcIC.png[/img]

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    As said what top expect from someone with rosa glasses you played pvp back in tbc/cata and not today and has serious delusions
    I dont understand what delusions you are talking about.
    I was the rogue in a 5v5 ranked team of friends.
    Meaning i was always focused.

    With the power of customization i was able to play a "Tanky Rogue" with utility and silence on deadly throw.
    I was a HARP rogue full gemed with stamina.
    Meta gem of health and less time stunned.
    Talents that increased my health.
    Tank trinket

    I loved my hybrid spec. It made me feel...different from everyone else.

    And before you say i'm crazy, i found a Korean player who did the same thing as me...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •