Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Ants may also be self-aware (amazingly), but I definitely wouldn't be in any rush to uplift them lol. If you want to talk about a species that could actually pose a threat to humanity in the long term...
    LOL, I don't know about uplifting them... only that... animals are pretty smart as it is... but on their scale, and in their way that favors fitness (survival).

If I could I would uplift my cats though...

No OP - I think it would be cruel to purposely dumb down animals.
    "Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest - and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure, it's not your fault"
    Donald J. Trump - 6:37PM, 8th May 2013

If humans would stop eating said animal, then yes.
    Otherwise you're just going to have an entire race of angryi dunno, lets say cows, that are as smart as humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    If humans would stop eating said animal, then yes.
    Otherwise you're just going to have an entire race of angryi dunno, lets say cows, that are as smart as humans.
    Yeah, which is why we are also working on lab grown meat.

Planet of: Facts that don't care about your feelings and neither do I.
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post

Animals are a pure product of nature. If we decide to alter ourselves, whatever. We should leave other animals untouched.
    Why are humans not a pure product of nature?

No, first of all, this is impossible: you CAN'T create intelligence like an IA on an already existing being. Second: the human brain and physiology is NOT like an animal.
    An animal DOESN'T think, an animal acts like an animal, you can teach tricks to an animal, but teaching tricks is hard, and it's not a proof of intelligence.

If it was possible (wich is not and will never be), it would be extraordinary stupid to do that: nobody know what could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Knowing us, the next thing we do is enslave them.
    Which we already do anyway, pointing to dogs, horses, elephants and oxen. I would hope that if we ever gift a species with sentience, that we are benevolent enough to allow them free will.

Quote Originally Posted by President View Post
    Why are humans not a pure product of nature?
    Didn't you read the word "other"?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    No, first of all, this is impossible: you CAN'T create intelligence like an IA on an already existing being.
    You certainly can if you insert the right genes.
    Second: the human brain and physiology is NOT like an animal.
    Of course it is, the human brain functions exactly like any other mammalian brain. We've known for years that species like dogs process emotion in the same way as humans do because the same areas light up in the caudate nucleus in response to positive stimuli.
    An animal DOESN'T think, an animal acts like an animal, you can teach tricks to an animal, but teaching tricks is hard, and it's not a proof of intelligence.
    Humans are animals and we think. A predator must make a choice on what member of a herd to go after. Chimpanzees not only learn through experience, but possess culture, passing learned skills down through generations such as the knowledge on how to make a 'spear' to hunt monkeys and bushbabies.

Well, if anything, we'd prove how stupid humans were to even consider the idea without the consequences.

Warchief
    Yes a pet of your choice and a slave oompaloompa for everyone! All part of the robot-overlords plan to subdue humankind!
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Monkeys can already successfully run LFR as it is now.

Sounds like a bad idea. Although a small bred of dog might work. If they kept the unwavering loyalty to their master trait.