Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    What i find baffling is why do these stories get so much traction, why do people care? The fixes are already out for intel and ive seen zero performance degredation (fully updated bios and windows 10) if this AMD flaw is a real thing it should be able to get fixed in a similar manner.

I guess buzzwords like "vulnerabilities" and "backdoor" and "steal your dataz" really get people worked up lol.
    Because recently Intel's meltdown got a lot of attention, especially when the fixes do cause a slow down. You may not notice it, but people running expensive servers certainly did. This made Intel look like a dancing clown who wasn't putting any effort into security. AMD though was actually the least effected among all the CPU's out there. It was Google who found the flaws, not someone with a green screen and stock images.

This is just trying to attack AMD with extremely questionable claims. Not that there aren't bugs on the CPU, but that you needed root access to use them. Which if someone has root access, you have bigger concerns than the CPU bugs. Meltdown is far worse as you have the ability to read memory that you don't have permission.

Deleted
    I'm not saying it is not intel, oh wait, I am saying it's intel.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The lengths one would have to willingly go to allow any of these to happen leaves me to wonder whether or not the house even has a door on it.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by larix View Post
    I'm not saying it is not intel, oh wait, I am saying it's intel.

I knew it!