Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    The OP.

?
    lol i am the OP and i did not say that.

- - - Updated - - -

Affordable healthcare for everyone? That's commie thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    lol i am the OP and i did not say that.
    The Title of your post is "US Healthcare, Better? Nope, but sure more expensive....." You're asking the question is "US Health Care better?" then answer that question "Nope". If your conclusion is that we arent getting our moneys worth than you should make that the title of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    The Title of your post is "US Healthcare, Better? Nope, but sure more expensive....." You're asking the question is "US Health Care better?" then answer that question "Nope". If your conclusion is that we arent getting our moneys worth than you should make that the title of the post.
    Nope = Sucks?

Us Healthcare, better....Nope.... = Sucks?

Again, i never said it sucks. i just said it was not better.

Even if it was "worse" it could still be good healthcare.

So where did i say it sucked?
    i said it was very expensive tho

The Patient
    I think the biggest problem lies with how insurance companies and hospitals have colluded to artificially inflate prices of medical products and/or services.

The added cost of profit making (and not sure why it is is legal) techniques definitely trickles down to the common man. There should be hard caps on how much can be charged by a private facility or have competing government clinics that offer similar treatments for close to cost.

When healthcare systems in some third world countries can beat the united states, there is definitely a problem

Quote Originally Posted by roxfm View Post
    When healthcare systems in some third world countries can beat the united states, there is definitely a problem
    You get "We're too big for it to work", or "Free market would save us if the government would let it", or the popular "GODDAMN COMMUNIST BASTARD!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    You get "We're too big for it to work", or "Free market would save us if the government would let it", or the popular "GODDAMN COMMUNIST BASTARD!"
    I know... At least that's a big sentiment here..

Preemptively:
    1. No one is "too big to work", because USA also has the resources to support its own population. The population to resource ratio is what needs to be looked at more so than anything. For instance, UAE has only 1.5m local citizens and 7m odd immigrants. So the resources per citizen is very very high. But USA falls short on a similar scale by a large margin.

2. Free market, without regulation has always, and will always exploit the poor. Heck, a regulated free market already does that. But every sensible country should realize that at least healthcare and education should not be "for-profit" driven.

3. There are good parts of communism that a Government should readily apply for the betterment of its own population.

My own two cents: if I was making decisions for the government, I would massively increase government spending in the poor districts, starting with an overhaul of funding for schools (including infrastructure), colleges, and opportunities for the people who are on the lower end of the wealth scale.

Sadly the wealth gap needs to be addressed at the grassroots level and not by simply injecting funds that act as nothing more than band aid fixes. As is, the poorer districts get less funding at the basic level... And this effect keeps snowballing.