Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've done: Blood DK > Feral (I suck at feral) > Ret paladin (0 gear might have had something to do with it) > Holy paladin > frost/unholy DK > Vengeance DH

Vengeance is just so much easier than Blood, even if you get hit by a knockback you can just glide back to safety, you do more damage, and have more options to deal with the small adds

Quote Originally Posted by That guy maybe View Post
    From what I've done: Blood DK > Feral (I suck at feral) > Ret paladin (0 gear might have had something to do with it) > Holy paladin > frost/unholy DK > Vengeance DH

Vengeance is just so much easier than Blood, even if you get hit by a knockback you can just glide back to safety, you do more damage, and have more options to deal with the small adds
    I mean no offense, but feral is literally the easiest.

Imo it is Blood DK before 7.2.5=Prot pala>Blood DK=Prot warrior>BrM monk>Vengeance DH>Most healing challenges>Guardian druid>the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    I don't mean to sound like I'm huffing my own farts but...the prot paladin one was so easy I can't understand how people have an issue with it. Are people not using First Avenger for it? The captain america spam make the first boss so easy.
    I'll try that. Not sure if I've been using First Avenger. Also a lot of people telling me I should hold out until I get the legendary legs.

There was a reason why the tank challenge got 2 small nerfs and 1 big nerf. Then another big nerf for pallys only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    None of the DPS ones are hard
    They may not be hard, but some can be annoying. Such as Agatha. Stupid imps spawning / teleporting to where the boulders spawn in phase 2.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisCthulhu View Post
    I found the Arcane one to be pretty easy, I go it in less than 10 pulls (compared to ~50 for Frost). Not as easy as Fire, but still pretty easy. What parts are you having issues with and what ilvl are you?
    Compared to Ret:

No healing at all
    Repentence seems to be better than Polymorph
    24 sec cd on interrupt vs. 8 sec

Completely stomped it on Ret and Demo, but man, do I wish I have Belo'vir

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    6. No one actually cares about Kruul, once you get there the challenge is pretty much over, the annoying part is the cock sucker caster rooted in place.

It was a badly designed challenge.
    He isn't rooted in place, you can move him if you silence him. Something I found out when I was doing the Veng DH one. Stupid sigil of silence got him and he followed me around.

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Compared to Ret:

No healing at all
    Repentence seems to be better than Polymorph
    24 sec cd on interrupt vs. 8 sec

Completely stomped it on Ret and Demo, but man, do I wish I have Belo'vir
    If you take the talent that drains your mana to give you an infinite barrier then the incoming damage shouldn't be an issue, but it's true that you can't recover from big mistakes as easily as some other classes can. Belo'vir will give you a ton of extra breathing room in case you mess something up. Polymorph and Repentance are functionally the same in this encounter since you just use them to take Sigryn out of the fight when she powers herself up, and the interrupt CD shouldn't matter either since the only thing you need to be using it on is the caster guy's big nuke.

Arcane feels pretty unique compared to a lot of the other classes due to the mana management mechanic. It makes the fight more a war of attrition than ever, since you can't afford to run your mana pool dry burning the bosses for too long, and you need to find safe windows for Evocation casts. Once I got used to keeping an eye on my mana and maintaining Prismatic Barrier the whole time I found it wasn't much different from the Ret/Demo versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    - Subtlety Rogue: Phase 2 wasn't too bad but phase 1 just felt like RNG based on if he was close enough to Shadowstep to or not.
    I found sort of the opposite. Of all of the Xylem specs, I had the most trouble on phase 2 as Sub, but phase 1 wasn't all that bad for me it seemed. Maybe gear level, but that's what I found.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    If you take the talent that drains your mana to give you an infinite barrier then the incoming damage shouldn't be an issue, but it's true that you can't recover from big mistakes as easily as some other classes can. Belo'vir will give you a ton of extra breathing room in case you mess something up. Polymorph and Repentance are functionally the same in this encounter since you just use them to take Sigryn out of the fight when she powers herself up, and the interrupt CD shouldn't matter either since the only thing you need to be using it on is the caster guy's big nuke.

Arcane feels pretty unique compared to a lot of the other classes due to the mana management mechanic. It makes the fight more a war of attrition than ever, since you can't afford to run your mana pool dry burning the bosses for too long, and you need to find safe windows for Evocation casts. Once I got used to keeping an eye on my mana and maintaining Prismatic Barrier the whole time I found it wasn't much different from the Ret/Demo versions.
    The only thing that felt unique about Arcane was blink only working 10% of the time and resetting the fight by accident >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    The only thing that felt unique about Arcane was blink only working 10% of the time and resetting the fight by accident >.>
    Yeah, it was silly, if they wanted to limit the area you can kite, they should do it like twins - here's the ledge, if you go too far, you fall off. Or at least put a wall if they didn't want to kill you by letting you fall off. I once blinked out of the outlined circle, the boss despawned leaving me wondering wtf just happened, at least on Kruul / twins if I fell off I knew I failed and I wasn't supposed to go there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yeah, it was silly, if they wanted to limit the area you can kite, they should do it like twins - here's the ledge, if you go too far, you fall off. Or at least put a wall if they didn't want to kill you by letting you fall off. I once blinked out of the outlined circle, the boss despawned leaving me wondering wtf just happened, at least on Kruul / twins if I fell off I knew I failed and I wasn't supposed to go there.
    On my 3rd arcane attempt I blinked out of the ring when Sigryn was at 21% to dodge Valkyrs and it tilted me so hard.

Did Mage Tower for 6 classes.

I play with 250/300ms due to being in Hong Kong and playing in EU server. So the latency factors heavily in my choices, with that being said, my top5 difficulty is...

5. Outlaw Rogue - Somehow, I just can't cleave the small adds fast enough.
    4. BrM Monk - I cheesed it with Niuzao due to overgearing the content, but I don't see how to do first phase otherwise.
    3. Holy Priest - Especially during the first phase when two melee fixates on you. They really hurt.
    2. Shadow Priest - Due to latency I can't do the S2M cheese, and boy does normal kiting sucks.
    1. Prot Pala - Ohh boy, the Infernal knockback with 300ms, I have to move way more than needed just to be safe, and the wasted time hurts as Annihilation stacks higher and higher.

I agree with you, but regarding Poly/Rep I do disagree. According to http://www.wowhead.com/retribution-artifact-challenge and from what I remember, Repentance lasts 60 seconds on the 1st application. Polymorph only lasts 20 seconds. So a 3 times shorter duration, which only makes diminishing returns that much more annoying to handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    I agree with you, but regarding Poly/Rep I do disagree. According to http://www.wowhead.com/retribution-artifact-challenge and from what I remember, Repentance lasts 60 seconds on the 1st application. Polymorph only lasts 20 seconds. So a 3 times shorter duration, which only makes diminishing returns that much more annoying to handle.
    Polymorph only has a slightly reduced duration during the challenge (the main difference is the 20 second cooldown and lack of regen). I can't remember exactly what the duration of the spell is but it lasts long enough to keep Sigryn out of the fight for the full duration of her buff without having to worry about diminishing returns. Keeping her sheeped outside of that window isn't necessary, so the diminishing returns shouldn't be an issue unless you're trying to keep her permanently CCd, which is what the unique Polymorph rules are in place to prevent. If anything I'd say it probably makes the fight harder to try and keep her Polymorphed for any longer than necessary, since you're risking the consistency of avoiding a critical mechanic in exchange for less hassle from her easier mechanics.

Retribution does have more wiggle room to abuse CC in this encounter, but I think Hammer of Justice is the main advantage they have since they can just use it to interrupt Sigryn's buff completely and keep on cleaving her. At lower gear levels where survivability is a real struggle Retribution seems like it has more viable alternate strategies in this regard, but I think with the level of gear that's accessible now it's more beneficial to focus on the critical mechanics and cleave as much as possible outside of them.

Polymorph only has a slightly reduced duration during the challenge (the main difference is the 20 second cooldown and lack of regen). I can't remember exactly what the duration of the spell is but it lasts long enough to keep Sigryn out of the fight for the full duration of her buff without having to worry about diminishing returns. Keeping her sheeped outside of that window isn't necessary, so the diminishing returns shouldn't be an issue unless you're trying to keep her permanently CCd, which is what the unique Polymorph rules are in place to prevent. If anything I'd say it probably makes the fight harder to try and keep her Polymorphed for any longer than necessary, since you're risking the consistency of avoiding a critical mechanic in exchange for less hassle from her easier mechanics.

Retribution does have more wiggle room to abuse CC in this encounter, but I think Hammer of Justice is the main advantage they have since they can just use it to interrupt Sigryn's buff completely and keep on cleaving her. At lower gear levels where survivability is a real struggle Retribution seems like it has more viable alternate strategies in this regard, but I think with the level of gear that's accessible now it's more beneficial to focus on the critical mechanics and cleave as much as possible outside of them.
    Truth be told, I hadn't considered only CC'ing after she cast the spell. I'll try to integrate that on my next try :-) Seems a lot simpler

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    I've done prot pali and prot warrior but can't do Havoc DH for some reason, lol. I get to shadow phase and die instantly unless I just stay in a bubble. People say to fel rush twice right away but he's always way too far away for that to work.
    Drag Xylem to the middle when fighting him during the Ice and Arcane phases. When he's about to teleport, Imprison him. He'll still port but, but take the prison with him which makes him very easy to see. Quick double jump upward and double Fel Rush get you there. Fighting close to the middle is key, use interrupts to move him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    Im struggling with the Protpal one, but last time I tried I was about lvl 910 and almost got it. (like 5% Kruul).
    But now Im 970 with my tanking gear and oh boy does it go faster... I'll need to get used to the fight again and it should go in no time.
    On the 2nd attempt (got bumped at first.... yeah I know...), completed in about 3 minutes.

Piece of cake.

Hands down subtlety is the hardest. the game has alot of hackers and cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    For me it’s Shadow Priest.

I’ve wiped over 50 times trying to use the surrender to madness method.

Prot Paladin was pretty hard, but I’ve almost double the wipes with my shadow priest due to how short the DPS window is.
    Shadow is the easiest pop Surrender on the pull (you can move while casting) and dps the guy in the middle when he's attackable. I think I did it in under 2 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    The hardest one for me personally are either destruction warlock (beaten) or arcane mage. I really can't seem to get the arcane one down.
    Get Arcane Lego Pants. Spec for Mana Shield. GG. Wear Prydaz or Blink Chest for more survivability.
    Last edited by muto; 2018-03-20 at 10:21 AM.