Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    After that it was just a couple of runs to get into the rhythm of it and I got it down.
    I love Ridmark's guides. Unfortunately, I'm several attempts in and progress is inconsistent. Sometimes I make it to at least P4, other times I don't make it past P1.

Resto druid might actually be the first challenge I give up on, it's just miserable. I ended up going and doing arms warrior and fire mage instead even though I don't like the skins just to feel like I accomplished something. Fury's proving to be a pain though, I don't know if the imps have that much more HP or if fury's DPS is just this awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Sounds like the mage is killing you.
    I didn't think about that, I'll keep an eye on it next time. I do try to keep him interrupted, but sometimes there's just so much happening.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Of the ones I completed, my Protection Warrior (I main Fury) at ilevel 910 was frustratingly difficult. I nearly gave up, but the flail was worth the persistence.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    ...in my humble opinion.... Protection Paladin. I got Kruul on every other tank, but I just can't seem to DPS things down fast enough before I end up with like 3 Infernals and everything goes to shit. I think I'm just doing something wrong because I'm like 20 ilevels higher than when I did it on my DK, DH and Druid.

So even if you haven't tried them all, what is the hardest one so far for you?
    Honestly, I found the healer one the hardest - stage 1, 2, and 3 are a joke - I don't know what I'm doing wrong - but I as a 925 HPal I can blow wings and go crazy on that first set of 3 adds and barely get it - sometimess - and can never make the 2nd or third. Before you say L2Heal - I've been healing Mythic raids and mythic+ dungeons forever, and hard content long before that (since BC). I finished the tank one on DH and Paladin, 2 x feral horde and alliance, and havoc.

EDIT: I did ret, too, and that was a faceroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I love Ridmark's guides. Unfortunately, I'm several attempts in and progress is inconsistent. Sometimes I make it to at least P4, other times I don't make it past P1.

Resto druid might actually be the first challenge I give up on, it's just miserable. I ended up going and doing arms warrior and fire mage instead even though I don't like the skins just to feel like I accomplished something. Fury's proving to be a pain though, I don't know if the imps have that much more HP or if fury's DPS is just this awful.

I didn't think about that, I'll keep an eye on it next time. I do try to keep him interrupted, but sometimes there's just so much happening.
    Furys a bit more overtuned iirc. Agatha for sure has more HP and some of the other classes. Use the lightblood and sylvan elixir to help. I dont think the command center is up but that would have helped. Save the artifact ability for the imps as that helps. I remember my attempt being a total clusterfuck and it was having a health pot that saved my ass right at the end to kill her.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Definitely not Destro Lock, since I managed that on my second attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Well, I don't think resto druid is going to happen. This is the most frustrating encounter. I've had to take more breaks on this one because each attempt requires 3x the time investment of the other challenges. It seems like I'm doing great then suddenly an NPC goes from 70%+ HP to the scenario ending with their death and no idea why or what I could've done to prevent it. I've only made it to the final stage three times so far. This last time not only did the boss hit me immediately so I couldn't drink (@ 30% mana), but he didn't lay any green stuff down so when Ignite hit I was at 100% HP and it wiped the party.

The only pros of this challenge are 1) no repair bills because I'm not the one dying and 2) I like that shifting into bear form is a viable strategy for some of the mechanics, makes me feel like an actual hybrid.

I just don't know what else to do at this point. The attempts are so inconsistent. I'll have one where P1 is a joke and I don't even have to use cooldowns followed by 5 where I bust out all the stops and it's not enough. Even though P2 is easy I wish it had been cut, it just feels like needlessly lengthening an already long encounter.

Any tips? I'm not using any healer addons (I haven't healed since Wrath), maybe that would help, I don't know. My druid's an NE, is it possible to Shadowmeld/skip an Ignite?
    For P1, it gets difficult for last 2 waves, make sure you dot the mage once, and when you get fixated, just bear form and regen; that regen is so OP it will always top you. I was basically always around the mage, so when you go bear you can aoe everything. I used tranq for 4th wave, tree form for 5th wave.

As long as you get to last phase consistently, you should get it soon. Only tip I can give for last phase is, look at your ignite timer, pre cast your regrowth so it heals immediately after ignite and you wont die to jump

Quote Originally Posted by camicio View Post
    For P1, it gets difficult for last 2 waves, make sure you dot the mage once, and when you get fixated, just bear form and regen; that regen is so OP it will always top you. I was basically always around the mage, so when you go bear you can aoe everything. I used tranq for 4th wave, tree form for 5th wave.

As long as you get to last phase consistently, you should get it soon. Only tip I can give for last phase is, look at your ignite timer, pre cast your regrowth so it heals immediately after ignite and you wont die to jump
    Adding to this, keep an eye on your hp and NEVER let it drop below 50% for too long. At 50% your safe from the stomp and the npcs will survive the ignite. If your under 25-30% when Edris jumps, you most certainly will die.

Guardian was the hardest kruul for me (skipped brew). Blood was kind of frustrating because pretty much all of my deaths was due to stupid knockbacks.
    I actually one shot it as paladin, I had good damage, prydaz and got lucky with the knockbacks.

Finally got fury. I was trying to do it without consumables because on my server they're really price gouging right now. Thought the command center would be enough. Buckled and bought a flask and mailed over some Argus bandages (should've done that at the start), it was a one-shot after that. :P

Still debating arcane mage. It's not that Sigryn's hard once you know the fight, it's just that every other class had some form of healing/leeching. Combined with no more healy orbs after a certain point I'm not sure how I'm going to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by camicio View Post
    As long as you get to last phase consistently, you should get it soon.
    I'm not consistently managing anything, part of why this encounter is so frustrating. Every other one I can tell I'm making progress, this one it seems like it's a dice roll whether or not I'll even get past P1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Adding to this, keep an eye on your hp and NEVER let it drop below 50% for too long. At 50% your safe from the stomp and the npcs will survive the ignite. If your under 25-30% when Edris jumps, you most certainly will die.
    I wish I had more opportunity to actually practice that part, of the 3 times I've made it to the final stage at least one party member ended up one-shotted before much of anything could happen.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Just finished 36/36.

Hooray.

The hardest ones for me were tied between Prot Pally, Prot War, and, this may come as a surprise, Feral Druid.

I tried Prot Pally right after I finished the encounter for the first time with my Brew. I know I probably already outgeared the fight I still couldn't enter P2 with less than 3 Infernals. Needless to say, a fair amount of getting knocked out of island followed.
    Eventually decided to switch my legos over to Aggramar and Sephuz instead and got it in 3 tries (the extra runspeeds help a lot imo).
    Even though I died at 4% and had the npcs finished the fight for me, I still remember the relief I had to finally be done with the encounter.
    Took me around 15 tries in total.

Went ahead and tried Prot War a week later. What I imagined would've been a lot easier compared to Prot Pal between having charges and stomps to counter knockbacks and the much lower enemy hps just didn't go as planned. Took even more tries (around 20) to finally win the fight, and I have never successfully reacted quick enough to charge/stomp out of those knockbacks (always giving me the no path available line) during the 19 or wipes.
    But then, warrior is one of the alts that I play seldomly (compared to my pally) so I was really unfamiliar with the Prot War kit.

As for the Feral challenge, I have no idea what had got into me, but I spent the whole night attempting the encounter a few hours before the server went down for 7.3. And back then, one of the two legos that my druid had was the boots - which gave me the false assumption that I just had to run the Bloodtalons build instead of Brutal Slash, and clearing out the trashes were so freaking hard without Brutal Slash.
    In retrospect, I should probably just ignore the boots and went with the Brutal Slash build and had a much easier time.
    Or better yet, just wait another day for the talent revamp to hit which would've made that choice irrelevant and the encounter significantly easier.
    A total of 12 tries of time poorly spent.

I didn't actually had much of a problem on the Outlaw challenge as others here suggested, it was even one of the easiest challenges I have done out of the 36s.
    But then I did outgear with encoutner (ilvl 923 iirc) and outlaw rogue was my main (that I couldn't get out of due to those stupid exalted rep achievement being bound to a single character, jeez!).

I may call it at 24/36. I tried to get my SO the ret pally skin, but two hours worth of attempts at ilvl 911 and the lowest I've gotten Sigryn down to is 35%. I struggled with this one on my paladin as well, but attributed it to learning the encounter. Now, I don't know. I one-shotted it on rogue and it took maybe 3 attempts on shaman despite not having played assassination or enhancement throughout Legion. I feel like paladin should have an easier time with their toolkit, but it seems significantly more difficult. Oh well. Someone should have informed me before the very last day that they wanted the ret skin and been spending the past couple months gearing up instead of saying there was nothing to do in the game. :P

So, I'll be missing all of the healing skins (unless I can psyche myself up for more resto druid attempts, ugh), prot warrior (ugly), sub rogue (ugly), brewmaster (confusing spec), survival (meh), arcane mage (looks like a healer staff), guardian (too masculine), and blood DK (meh). Some of them I wanted to try just to see if I could do them, but there just wasn't enough time.

Deleted
    Hardest - Prot Pala with Aggrimars and Welfare leggo ring. I must have wiped 75 times despite overgearing the crap out of it. Eventually stopped getting horny on DPSing Inquisitor, never letting stacks go about 4-5, focussed the adds down as they spawned and saved consumables and cooldowns for the kruul phase.

Easiest - the same fight but with my Vengence DH alt at same ilvl but no tanking or survival legendaries at all! Tried it on a whim at the weekend as the skin was quite nice and I knew it was going away this week. I literally one shot it in about 90 seconds - I blew cooldowns on pull and inquisitor died so damned fast (I hit 6 debuff stacks as he died I think?) that I thought it was bugged until I realised his health pool is half that of the Prot pala encounter. Kruul met a similar fate moments later, DH jumps and double jump completely negating the pushbacks etc. Couldn't believe how easy it was compared to the grind on the Prot pala.

I only did 8 and most of those were among those considered to be easy. From hardest to easiest:

1. Resto druid (took a long time for me to learn; disheartening to fail on later phases)
    2. MM hunter (big gap between the first one and this - it wasn't too bad once I learned how to kite)
    3. Survival hunter (first phase was easy with all the tricks the spec has; I did struggle on killing the adds in time in the second phase)
    4. Balance druid (easy with the cheese strat; harder than MM without it)

These last four were all similar in difficulty level:
    5. Windwalker (died a few times due to getting caught out with a stun and no quick heals but otherwise straightforward)
    6. Discipline (takes a long time but on the plus side it's very hard to die)
    7. BM hunter (a selection of healing legendaries utterly trivialised this)
    8. Feral (with stackable buffs and the Command Centre; I had no prior knowledge of the spec and frankly still don't)

The hardest for me was all of the healing challenges. I don't heal ever so I didn't even bother.

Otherwise out of what I did do. I would say Prot Paladin and maybe Fury Warrior gave me the most trouble since release. With how gear has evolved and how long it took me to get around to different alts it is hard to give accurate feedback.

I completed a total of 20 challenges. If I tried it I completed it. If I didn't try it I didn't want the appearance in the first place.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised so many people say prot paladin. For me, the tank challenges from hardest to easiest was:
    prot war >>>>>> brew master >> blood DK > veng DH > guardian >> prot pala
    My perspective is probably a bit off due to druid being my main and guardian being an offspec I play a lot and have good legendaries for, as well as veng DH being my most played alt, also with good legendaries. But prot war was seriously insane with mind rends taking off a third of my max hp with a single cast. And my warrior was at 922, so not undergeared for it. My prot pala (935 - full holy gear) on the other hand, should've been a oneshot if I hadn't done really stupid stuff the two first attempts (falling off and tanking adds on top of Velen...) so I'm not sure what was so hard about it? My main problem aside from playing badly was the caster mob following me around because I interrupted him too much...

For the other challenges, I'd say frost DK, frost mage, holy paladin, outlaw rogue and ret paladin. Feltotem... ehh, they were all easy after I learned the encounter. Oh and I didn't do any of the warlock ones as I don't have a max level warlock.
    Last edited by Rhoe; 2018-07-17 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glowbear View Post
    I only did 8 and most of those were among those considered to be easy. From hardest to easiest:

1. Resto druid (took a long time for me to learn; disheartening to fail on later phases)
    2. MM hunter (big gap between the first one and this - it wasn't too bad once I learned how to kite)
    3. Survival hunter (first phase was easy with all the tricks the spec has; I did struggle on killing the adds in time in the second phase)
    4. Balance druid (easy with the cheese strat; harder than MM without it)

These last four were all similar in difficulty level:
    5. Windwalker (died a few times due to getting caught out with a stun and no quick heals but otherwise straightforward)
    6. Discipline (takes a long time but on the plus side it's very hard to die)
    7. BM hunter (a selection of healing legendaries utterly trivialised this)
    8. Feral (with stackable buffs and the Command Centre; I had no prior knowledge of the spec and frankly still don't)
    BM without a healing/pry leggo is a nightmare. I take around 700k per scream, in total Im around 9mil+ on just that, thats not taking into anything else I might run into during the fight. After a bout an hour I just walked away..

I got caught up in Beta way too much the last several months and fell behind on these, not that I was actually trying to get all of them, but I ended up 25/36 I just couldn't be arsed to level up my priest so that's the one toon that doesn't have one. It was crunch time this week though so with limited time to play I managed to finish the remaining challenge (Sub and Outlaw) on my okayish rogue, Guardian on my recently leveled druid with basically complete shit gear, archimondes/crafted leggos, but it was actually very easy probably because I did all the other tank challenges before 7.3 no doubt. Then starting late Sunday Night I tried to do the Frost mage challenge and that was just retarded, one mistake and dead basically. And I was doing it with fairly decent gear (no tier unfortunately) and I was maximizing frost orbs and blizzard, it was just a combination of hands spawning in bad locations and adds standing on runes, and Karam being a twat and this challenge somehow being easier when it first launched with far less gear, it was p4 everytime, and just another minute and it would have been over but nah.

And so I tried fire and I nearly one shot it, it only took a handful of attempts. Monday morning went back to frost and no Bueno.

I took a break from that because my recently boosted shaman was just earning it's legendary research.
    I boosted a shaman up because I had 3 shaman leggo tokens and lo and behold I got prydaz and roots out of those 3 so knocking the dps challenges was ez mode and I just didn't bother wh the healing challenge because I was already overwhelmed...

Monday afternoon next day...same story.

So I moved on to my shitty warlock, I had great leggos for affliction (Corruption, Prydaz, Helm) so despite still having to resort to using the WOD BOA caster trinket which was that best I had other than my 2nd trinket, a timewalking quagmirron's eye from Slave pens, all this after multiple relinquished token attempts I managed that challenge just fine weeks prior, but I had to get my gear in order for a good go at the Demonology challenge with limited time and unwillingness to spend a lot of gold or do much of anything really. And well w.e, I used prydaz and crafted shoulders and gave it a real honest go but holy fuck even with impeccable stats my dmg was just so bad even if I played perfectly eventually I'd hit a wall where caster dude would literally spam his special back to back and that made the whole affair unfun.

So then I figured what the hell, I'll go finally obtain my destro artifact. SO I did that, I put green relics in that shit (2 hours left to go before servers went down) I used the same gear set up as my Demo challenge, and I got it in 5 tries having never played destro at all before then.

Went back to Demonology with 1 hour and a half to go...and nah. Same story.

Went back to frost? I was actually doing really great finally, but got into a position at the very end of p4 where Karam was really close to dead, 3 minutes left to go before server reset this morning, and suddenly there were was both a hand and a rune I could not reach without letting slow fall off on Karam, which is what happened so I died.

Ending 25/36 ain't bad, especially when a lot of these were specs I had to learn while doing the challenge. My verdict: literally all of them were easy if you outgeared them. Some were easy in shit gear and then somehow more difficult for some classes than others. Easiest by far was Closing the Eye, followed closely by Feltotem's Fall and The God-Queen's Fury. Only two I completed on all classes who could do it was Closing the Eye and The Highlord's Return. Actually I completed 5/6 Highlord's Return prior to release of Argus patch, but that's not because it was easier, just more access to gear at the time on those toons and ideal gear at that.

Also, I had all challenges completed on my warrior, dk, monk, hunter, rogue and on my demon hunter. And all of those except the rogue were complete many many months ago.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2018-07-17 at 03:35 PM.

After a desperate last second dash I have done all for lock, priest, mage, shaman, druid and DH, so 19 in total? Missed out on rogue and hunter unfortunately because of garbage gear, and I don't even have a warrior/dk at max level. Monk I could have done but I honestly just don't like any of the skins and prefer different mogs.