Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    What type of bag was this dog in?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    And nobody let it out when it started barking? Or stopped to check on it?

This may be a major fuckup on the part of the airline but...what about the other people?
    Apparently there was turbulence and no one was allowed out of their seats for the duration of the flight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I'd ban all animals in the cabin. Thats for people not animals. They can go in the belly.

If animals continued to be any kind of issue, there would be no animals at all other than documented service animals (and you best have the paperwork).

Otherwise, You can fly with someone else.
    The cargo hold is really, really bad for animals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    First off Stop this shit

There is no need to state the obvious, of course its tragic event, I would pump the breaks on taking full responsibility. Ok so she alerted people she was carrying a dog on the plane, why was she carrying the dog on the plane to begin with?

Was it a service animal, because if not it had no business on the plane unless she paid for a ticket. I would say the only place United has any blame is not kicking her ass off the plane the moment they knew she brought the dog on.

Most of this was on the owner, making a very unwise decision to board with this dog if it's not a service animal. I mean if you brought your kid secretly on board would you stuff your kid in the overhead compartment?

Your child isn't $200 Carry on, and neither is a living breathing animal.
    She paid the extra money to have the dog in a carrier and stow it under the seat. The flight attendant apparently refused to allow her to do so.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Apparently there was turbulence and no one was allowed out of their seats for the duration of the flight.
    Well, if the government ever wanted to turn tyrannical then I guess they should just say there's some turbulence.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if the government ever wanted to turn tyrannical then I guess they should just say there's some turbulence.
    You realize that if you disobey orders on a flight, you can end up arrested and jailed, yeah? And if you get thrown off a plane because you refuse to comply with orders, you don't get refunded your ticket, right?
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    She paid the extra money to have the dog in a carrier and stow it under the seat. The flight attendant apparently refused to allow her to do so.
    Yep, got that, but what I am saying is I wouldn't have stuffed my dog in the overhead compartment, just like I wouldn't stuff a kid up there. It's a living breathing creature if I loved it that much that I wouldn't want to fly without it, I most sure wouldn't put it any place I couldn't look or check on it regularly.

In short this was just a terrible accident and I think it has a lot more to do with people insisting on flying with animals under this notion they love it so much. If that's true just like a human child would you stick it in the overhead compartment because someone told you to?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Yep, got that, but what I am saying is I wouldn't have stuffed my dog in the overhead compartment, just like I wouldn't stuff a kid up there. It's a living breathing creature if I loved it that much that I wouldn't want to fly without it, I most sure wouldn't put it any place I couldn't look or check on it regularly.

In short this was just a terrible accident and I think it has a lot more to do with people insisting on flying with animals under this notion they love it so much. If that's true just like a human child would you stick it in the overhead compartment because someone told you to?
    I mean, I get that. It's really easy for us to say what we "would" have done, though, because we weren't there. With three kids. And a flight attendant assuring us that the dog would be "fine."
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

This is what I've heard: the owners did get it under the seat but barely and the flight attendant said it is suppose to go up above which is at the fault of the attendant and therefore the airlines. I have also heard that there is a set dimensions that were meant for pet carriages which the owner did not follow therefore she was wrong. I think the flight attendant needs to be fired, the airlines pay a good amount to the pet owner, and make sure this doesn't happen again.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize that if you disobey orders on a flight, you can end up arrested and jailed, yeah? And if you get thrown off a plane because you refuse to comply with orders, you don't get refunded your ticket, right?
    You missed my point so hard. SO HAAAAAAARRRRRD.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    You missed my point so hard. SO HAAAAAAARRRRRD.
    I didn't, actually. You're just being ridiculous. As usual.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Underneath your bed
    wink
    Yes, serial killers often spend time under other people's beds. We already know that, you don't need to keep building up the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Yes, serial killers often spend time under other people's beds. We already know that, you don't need to keep building up the case.
    Darn, I shall wait in the closet then.