Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignista View Post
    I'm usually not that sensitive but I damn near started to cry at work yesterday when I saw a picture of the poor dogs lifeless body in the suitcase. No warning.
    Awww *hugs* I felt the same way.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    So, for the sake of argument: where *would* you hide the bodies? Completely hypothetically, of course. wink wink nudge nudge.
    Underneath your bed
    wink

  3. #103
    I'd ban all animals in the cabin. Thats for people not animals. They can go in the belly.

    If animals continued to be any kind of issue, there would be no animals at all other than documented service animals (and you best have the paperwork).

    Otherwise, You can fly with someone else.
    Last edited by quras; 2018-03-15 at 03:45 PM.
    Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
    What you get: 7 free days of play plus a bundle of goodies: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

  4. #104
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    16,649
    17 kids die in a school shooting

    Governement: Lets not be hasty in enacting laws for this.

    1 dog dies in an overhead storage bin

    Government
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2018-03-16 at 01:32 AM.

  5. #105
    Titan Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Exploring the homeland of the High Elves... no, not THOSE High Elves. Altmer!
    Posts
    13,221
    I’d have broken the flight attendant’s kneecaps for even suggesting doing that.
    Blood Elves are basically High Elves. Slightly different eye color and backstory, but if you want to be a light skinned elf, that is basically a Blood Elf. Giving that to the Alliance would blur the line between factions.-Ion Hazzikostas: Game Director for World of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionknight View Post
    some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    17 kids die in a school shooting

    Governement: Lets not be hasty in enacting laws for this.

    1 dog dies in an overhead storage bin

    Government
    United Airways doesn't pay nearly as much as the NRA and Gun Manufacturers.

  7. #107
    High Overlord Chappyzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    The land down under
    Posts
    119
    What type of bag was this dog in?

  8. #108
    Legendary! HeatherRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,308
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    And nobody let it out when it started barking? Or stopped to check on it?

    This may be a major fuckup on the part of the airline but...what about the other people?
    Apparently there was turbulence and no one was allowed out of their seats for the duration of the flight.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I'd ban all animals in the cabin. Thats for people not animals. They can go in the belly.

    If animals continued to be any kind of issue, there would be no animals at all other than documented service animals (and you best have the paperwork).

    Otherwise, You can fly with someone else.
    The cargo hold is really, really bad for animals.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    First off Stop this shit




    There is no need to state the obvious, of course its tragic event, I would pump the breaks on taking full responsibility. Ok so she alerted people she was carrying a dog on the plane, why was she carrying the dog on the plane to begin with?

    Was it a service animal, because if not it had no business on the plane unless she paid for a ticket. I would say the only place United has any blame is not kicking her ass off the plane the moment they knew she brought the dog on.

    Most of this was on the owner, making a very unwise decision to board with this dog if it's not a service animal. I mean if you brought your kid secretly on board would you stuff your kid in the overhead compartment?

    Your child isn't $200 Carry on, and neither is a living breathing animal.
    She paid the extra money to have the dog in a carrier and stow it under the seat. The flight attendant apparently refused to allow her to do so.
    Tiriel US-Stormrage

    Thank you to cynsacat for this AMAZING signature!

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Yes, how dare people get upset over a completely innocent life being snuffed out for no reason.

    Your post is bad and you should feel bad, but I'm sure you won't.
    In my view it's something that should be totally insignificant and not some massive story that millions are talking about. Sure, United should be held liable - maybe 10k and a court order that they change their policy to make sure animals never get put in bins? But the problem is that people care about totally insignificant things because they connect on a more visceral level when there are far more important things to be concerned with. The national news media is spending time on this crap because stupid people think it's important, and that's a problem. This is the same thing that happens when a pretty blonde white girl goes missing in the Caribbean.

    It's actually the same issue that frustrates me with the gun debate and school shootings. School shootings are a fraction of a fraction of the problem with guns in the US, but the entire debate is on them because it's something that hits home a lot more effectively than a statistic. It's stupidity like this that allows Trump to draw false parallels between his behavior and Hillary's because people can't think.

    It bothers me because it shows how easily swayed people can be if your propaganda is good enough. I just wish people were smarter.
    Last edited by Tonus; 2018-03-16 at 01:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    how about making doing this an infraction? every thread about a youtuber, the "witty" fools come out of the woodwork to show their superiority over not knowing who the youtuber is, when a cursory glance at google would suffice to answer that question.
    14 minutes later:
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i hate censorship, i'd reduce the rules were it up to me.

  10. #110
    The Unstoppable Force Sunseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    23,409
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    Apparently there was turbulence and no one was allowed out of their seats for the duration of the flight.
    Well, if the government ever wanted to turn tyrannical then I guess they should just say there's some turbulence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "Goodness is not goodness that seeks advantage. Good is good in the final hour, in the deepest pit without hope, without witness, without reward. Virtue is only virtue in extremis."
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  11. #111

  12. #112
    Legendary! HeatherRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,308
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Well, if the government ever wanted to turn tyrannical then I guess they should just say there's some turbulence.
    You realize that if you disobey orders on a flight, you can end up arrested and jailed, yeah? And if you get thrown off a plane because you refuse to comply with orders, you don't get refunded your ticket, right?
    Tiriel US-Stormrage

    Thank you to cynsacat for this AMAZING signature!

  13. #113
    The Undying X Amadeus X's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    31,863
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    She paid the extra money to have the dog in a carrier and stow it under the seat. The flight attendant apparently refused to allow her to do so.
    Yep, got that, but what I am saying is I wouldn't have stuffed my dog in the overhead compartment, just like I wouldn't stuff a kid up there. It's a living breathing creature if I loved it that much that I wouldn't want to fly without it, I most sure wouldn't put it any place I couldn't look or check on it regularly.

    In short this was just a terrible accident and I think it has a lot more to do with people insisting on flying with animals under this notion they love it so much. If that's true just like a human child would you stick it in the overhead compartment because someone told you to?
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even a break rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  14. #114
    Legendary! HeatherRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,308
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Yep, got that, but what I am saying is I wouldn't have stuffed my dog in the overhead compartment, just like I wouldn't stuff a kid up there. It's a living breathing creature if I loved it that much that I wouldn't want to fly without it, I most sure wouldn't put it any place I couldn't look or check on it regularly.

    In short this was just a terrible accident and I think it has a lot more to do with people insisting on flying with animals under this notion they love it so much. If that's true just like a human child would you stick it in the overhead compartment because someone told you to?
    I mean, I get that. It's really easy for us to say what we "would" have done, though, because we weren't there. With three kids. And a flight attendant assuring us that the dog would be "fine."
    Tiriel US-Stormrage

    Thank you to cynsacat for this AMAZING signature!

  15. #115
    This is what I've heard: the owners did get it under the seat but barely and the flight attendant said it is suppose to go up above which is at the fault of the attendant and therefore the airlines. I have also heard that there is a set dimensions that were meant for pet carriages which the owner did not follow therefore she was wrong. I think the flight attendant needs to be fired, the airlines pay a good amount to the pet owner, and make sure this doesn't happen again.

  16. #116
    The Unstoppable Force Sunseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    23,409
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    You realize that if you disobey orders on a flight, you can end up arrested and jailed, yeah? And if you get thrown off a plane because you refuse to comply with orders, you don't get refunded your ticket, right?
    You missed my point so hard. SO HAAAAAAARRRRRD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "Goodness is not goodness that seeks advantage. Good is good in the final hour, in the deepest pit without hope, without witness, without reward. Virtue is only virtue in extremis."
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  17. #117
    Legendary! HeatherRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,308
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You missed my point so hard. SO HAAAAAAARRRRRD.
    I didn't, actually. You're just being ridiculous. As usual.
    Tiriel US-Stormrage

    Thank you to cynsacat for this AMAZING signature!

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Underneath your bed
    wink
    Yes, serial killers often spend time under other people's beds. We already know that, you don't need to keep building up the case.

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Yes, serial killers often spend time under other people's beds. We already know that, you don't need to keep building up the case.
    Darn, I shall wait in the closet then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •