What do you think of Nato

The North Atlantic Treaty, please keep your opinions to your self people
    Last edited by TayFarr; 2018-03-14 at 12:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nato is Neat-O!
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by TayFarr View Post
    What do you think of Nato
    please keep your opinions to your selves people
    I'm getting some mixed signals here.

It seems to keep Russia in check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    With the likes of Turkey in it, its shite

10+ Year Old Account
    Very very bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I don't hear much about it, I assume it's doing its job.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Without US it would be cool. But US is world war monger #1 these days... Not happy to be on aggressor side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrote in another thread about how NATOs power lies in its members answering the call to rally when NATO deems necessary. So that means if a member of NATO calls for assistance, all must answer the call no matter the scope of the adversy at risk of diminishing the reputation of attacking one NATO members means attacking all NATO members.

Article 5 is meant to scare the shit out of anyone who dares attack a member of NATO but Article 5 doesnt mean shit of NATO members dont take is seriously and respond with extreme prejudice.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    With the likes of Turkey in it, its shite
    Turkey served in Nato with pride. Current leadership in turkey is shit. I get it. we get it. but leaderships change. Deals stay.
    Hell i was god damn proud of myself to be a part of Nato meetings/drills back in Istanbul. Always wanted to be deployed abroad. no luck though.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The North Atlantic Treaty, please keep your opinions to your self people
    You ask my opinion but tell me to keep my opinion to myself?

???

Deleted
    It is a joke as long as most countries sponge because they do not meet the agreed 2% defence spending, kick out the parasites and enjoy the salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You ask my opinion but tell me to keep my opinion to myself?

???
    Because anybody would get offended. because people these days

It's an anachronism of the Cold War. American Hegemony has allowed Western Europe to become weak both culturally and militarily. They'd do better and gain some much needed confidence sticking up for themselves. It also forces the US into some uncomfortable alliances with countries that don't share our strategic interests (hi Turkey). Lastly it puts us in conflict with Russia where we ought not to be. To be fair though, Russia's obnoxious behavior under President Putin is hardly helping the argument for the US withdrawing our presence in Europe.

I'm all for alliances, but I'd like to be more discerning about with whom we enter them. The major English speaking nations of the former British Empire are generally reliable allies, as are the Japanese, Israelis and South Koreans. I'm also keen on increasing ties with India, though that's not quite as clear cut. Remaining tied into a mutual defense pact that is anything but mutual, with countries that have significantly different geopolitical goals is losing it's appeal more and more by the day.