Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

  1. #1

    How will Blizzard split up Broken Isles Lorewise?

    By "Split Up", I mean "Which faction gets to do which zone"

    From the preview of Chronicle 3, we see that Blizzard is trying to split raids, with Horde killing Magtheridon and Alliance killing Vashj. Then in Cata we have Horde raiding Bastion of Twilight and Alliance going Grim Batol.

    So, why not apply it to zones?

    My take: I will split it by Class, with different Class tackling different zones. The Race of the Class matters (Except Demon Hunters, because hail Lord Illidan), thus bringing faction into play.

    Val'sharah: Night Elf Druid, Panda Monk, Worgen Priest (Alliance favored)
    Stormheim: Orc Warrior, Human Death Knight (Both side duking it out, with Odyn passing popcorn in background)
    Highmountain: Tauren Hunter, Undead Warlock (Horde favored, explains why HM Tauren joined the Horde because they didn't receive help from Alliance)
    Azsuna: Gnome Mage, Dwarf Paladin, Demon Hunter (Alliance favored, Farondis joining Night Elf to fight against Azshara)
    Suramar: Blood Elf Rogue, Goblin Shaman at start, other classes join in later as Suramar campaign progresses (Horde favored, Nightborne joins Horde because it's Horde who helped the resistance survive their toughest period)
    Broken Shore: Everyone

    These are my takes, how will you split Broken Isle?

  2. #2
    Oh the smell of burn that awaits us if Blizz says that Suramar was inlore done by Horde exclusively. I love it!

  3. #3
    Give Val'sharah and Azsuna to the Alliance, Highmountain and Stormheim to the Horde and split Suramar in half, which could be done easily through a War Front, that the Night Elves are invading the zone and claim half of it.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Give Val'sharah and Azsuna to the Alliance, Highmountain and Stormheim to the Horde and split Suramar in half, which could be done easily through a War Front, that the Night Elves are invading the zone and claim half of it.
    Stormheim is extremely Alliance though. It’s about Titanic watcher with human ancestors and Alliance kicking Sylvanas’s butt.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Give Val'sharah and Azsuna to the Alliance, Highmountain and Stormheim to the Horde and split Suramar in half, which could be done easily through a War Front, that the Night Elves are invading the zone and claim half of it.
    Nightelves in Suramar and Val'sharah have no loyalty to allegiance to Tyrande's faction. Those in Val'sharah are seemignly more linked to Cenarions who are neutral in Horde/Alliance views and are more interested in defending the dream than anything else. While the Moonguard would unlikely wish to join Darnassians as well due to how many magic users are pretty much hated by other night elves (Maiev was killing them, Shandris wants to kill them too but doesn't because Tyrande forbids it.), and also have a friendship with the Nightborne under Thalyssra (also they have a fondness/interest with Blood elves too)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Nightelves in Suramar and Val'sharah have no loyalty to allegiance to Tyrande's faction. Those in Val'sharah are seemignly more linked to Cenarions who are neutral in Horde/Alliance views and are more interested in defending the dream than anything else. While the Moonguard would unlikely wish to join Darnassians as well due to how many magic users are pretty much hated by other night elves (Maiev was killing them, Shandris wants to kill them too but doesn't because Tyrande forbids it.), and also have a friendship with the Nightborne under Thalyssra (also they have a fondness/interest with Blood elves too)
    To be honest, the Moonguard should be made an Alliance faction. They are Night Elves, so giving them to the Horde would be rather unfair, and the Highborn are nowadays again accepted in Night Elf Society. After how Blizz basically trolled Night Elf Mages by making them an incompetent and stupid bunch that can be easily humiliated by a single Blood Elf Mage, the Moonguard would be at least make the Night Elf Mages relevant and strong again. It would be fair. The new Horde Class Options back in Cataclysm were all portrayed as competent with the exception of a single Troll Druid who becomes competent later on, so there needs to be some work done to redeem Night Elf Mages as a viable concept.

  7. #7
    It shouldn't be any factions. Legion was all about our Neutral order halls taking on the legion. Perhaps neutral world factions like Cenarion Circle, Kirin'tor, Army of the Light will get the credit.

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire Enrif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    360
    probably going the class order hall route for the broken shores. the only area with horde and alliance is in stormheim.

    if we go which class goes to which zone

    Stormheim: Warrior, Death Knight, Monk
    High Mountain: Hunter, Shaman
    Val'Sharah: Druid
    Aszuna: Demon Hunter, Paladin, Priest
    Suramar: Mage
    Broken Shore: All
    Argus: Paladin, Demon Hunter, Priest

    Warlocks and Rogues will most likely work behind he scenes, the warlocks invading other demon worlds, and rogues being in the shadows of all zones

  9. #9
    Why would space prison people (Priests) be related to Aszuna? But you're listing them and Paladins twice anyway.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    It shouldn't be any factions. Legion was all about our Neutral order halls taking on the legion. Perhaps neutral world factions like Cenarion Circle, Kirin'tor, Army of the Light will get the credit.
    Army of Light isn't Neutral. It is Alliance now.

  11. #11
    Stood in the Fire Enrif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwaru View Post
    Why would space prison people (Priests) be related to Aszuna? But you're listing them and Paladins twice anyway.
    story wise the Paladin and the Priests are connected, it makes sense to send them to the same places. and yes, Paladin, Priests and Demon Hunters are listed double, once in Aszuna and once for Argus. Why? Aszuna has a lot of spirts, perfect marerials for Priests to deal with, and demons to kill for the Paladins. Demon Hunters are a no brainer since they have a base there. And all of them make sense for argus too. Demon Hunters fighting the Legion at their home world, paladins get to fight alongside the army of the light, and the priests deal with the fallen naaru

  12. #12
    Elemental Lord Golden Yak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Sunny Beaches of Canada
    Posts
    8,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Oh the smell of burn that awaits us if Blizz says that Suramar was inlore done by Horde exclusively. I love it!
    I doubt it, both night elf and blood elf forces gathered at the gates of Suramar for the attack as part of the storyline, so that was probably a joint effort. The reason the Nightborne were soured on the Alliance afterwards was largely due to the night elves prejudice against the Nightborne way of life, which is still largely unchanged from the kael'dorei of 10,000 years ago that brought the Burning Legion down on Azeroth in the first place. The blood elves were more welcoming, hence the Nightborne favoring the Horde.

  13. #13
    Legendary! Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    6,849
    I’d bet ya every thing but stormheim.

  14. #14
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Human Potential Island
    Posts
    350
    Stormheim will be given to those that prove worthy of having it! Odyn will not give it to Alliance or Horde because x reason. That zone will be turned into a slaughterhouse for his enjoyment while we kill each other.

  15. #15
    Elemental Lord Golden Yak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Sunny Beaches of Canada
    Posts
    8,377
    It seemed like the Horde were having it all their own way in Stormheim until Greymane spoiled Sylvanas' plan to enslave Eyir and the Val'kyr. It'd be realistic that the Valajar would be pretty soured on the Horde after that little event.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I doubt it, both night elf and blood elf forces gathered at the gates of Suramar for the attack as part of the storyline, so that was probably a joint effort. The reason the Nightborne were soured on the Alliance afterwards was largely due to the night elves prejudice against the Nightborne way of life, which is still largely unchanged from the kael'dorei of 10,000 years ago that brought the Burning Legion down on Azeroth in the first place. The blood elves were more welcoming, hence the Nightborne favoring the Horde.
    Oh I know that it was highly unlikely that Alliance had nothing to do with Suramar. I was just answering to the possibility of it that was offered by a previous post.

  17. #17
    I mean, rightfully half of the city is the rightful property of the Alliance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •