Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    I think Blizz would re-do any aspect of Outland they'd funnel players through for any current content. They aren't too huge on the whole PS1 aesthetic Outland's rocking.
    Have you seen new Arathi?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    AU High Arakkoa could fit in the Alliance, through Yrel guiding them to a more peaceful existence of Light-worship.

That would open up some possible story for Grom to recruit the Saberon into his Horde, since the Arakkoa and Saberon are ancient enemies (Terokk scenario) it would make total sense.
    Not a big fan of saberon, they're kinda... just... 'there'.
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Just make them neutral like pandaren?
    You can't make everything neutral I'm sick of seeing this everywhere. Vulpera? Neutral. Sethrak? Neutral. Arakkoa? Neutral

-They aren't reskins of existing player models
    -Their models don't lend themselves easily to player armour

I think these factors probably make Arakkoa as an allied race unlikely.

But they're a bestial race so thematically they'd more likely be Horde if they were, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chappyzilla View Post
    You can't make everything neutral I'm sick of seeing this everywhere. Vulpera? Neutral. Sethrak? Neutral. Arakkoa? Neutral
    And I'm sick of races not getting to choose with who they want to side and instead just all going with one faction. (Again, for some it does make sense)

And while we're at it, out of 17 races (Base + Allied) currently in the live game only 1 is neutral. So I really don't see where the "can't make everything neutral" thing comes into play. They'd need to add 16 neutral races just for them to be a majority. So adding 3-4 more races to neutral really is no issue.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    And I'm sick of races not getting to choose with who they want to side and instead just all going with one faction. (Again, for some it does make sense)

And while we're at it, out of 17 races (Base + Allied) currently in the live game only 1 is neutral. So I really don't see where the "can't make everything neutral" thing comes into play. They'd need to add 16 neutral races just for them to be a majority. So adding 3-4 more races to neutral really is no issue.
    And I agree I hate factions but unless blizz gets rid of them they are here to stay. Blizzard themselves have said making pandas neutral was a mistake and in all honesty was probably just to save time and money since they at the time were far ahead of other races in terms of models. No more races should be neutral because it just looks stupid, blood elves might as well be neutral thanks to void elves and that already throws so many people off

10+ Year Old Account
    Some races would work great as neutral, where you choose your faction. ala-pandaren.
    Granted, no one in their right minds would side with the Forsaken or the Orcs,
    but i could see Arakkoa, Vrykul, even Furbolg, to be able to join both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Some races would work great as neutral, where you choose your faction. ala-pandaren.
    Granted, no one in their right minds would side with the Forsaken or the Orcs,
    but i could see Arakkoa, Vrykul, even Furbolg, to be able to join both factions.
    Goblins would have worked as a neutral race aswell since they are neutral but since there were some in the Horde in the past it makes sense to have them Horde only from that perspective. Atleast its just one cartel and they do balance out with the Gnomes on the Alliance. Maybe some day the Alliance will get Void Goblins lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kresh64 View Post
    maybe some day the alliance will get void goblins lol
    lmao xD xD

Arakkoa would be "New Race", not "Allied race". Or I guess they could just attach Arakkoa to the night elf skeleton for the luls.

I would put them on the Horde. Their dark history leading to a story of redemption is consistent with other Horde races, and the color and architecture of the Adherents in particular resembles the blood elves. On the Alliance, I think they'd fade into the background quickly after getting their introductory story, but they'd always feel appropriate alongside the other underdogs looking to redeem themselves of the Horde.

I'd like flying Arakkoa to go Horde, and outcasts to go Alliance.

While you have more Light wielders in the Alliance, the Horde ones do it in a way that fits the Arakkoa much better. Tauren get their Light from the sun, blood elves from a sun-well, and Zandalari from a wild god.

And, while the Horde has more shadow-wielders, the void elves' story is by far the closest to the Arakkoa outcasts. Formerly sun people exiled and banished because they used Shadow magic, being forever changed by it as well.

I'd say give them to the Alliance, because of all the bad blood both universes have experienced to the Horde. But I also think they should remain their own group. Would actually like to see a large group of them come to Azeroth and follow Avianna and maybe she can heal the corrupted ones.