Thread: Can you Dance?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    This. /thread.
    See this is your brain on racism it makes you believe utterly stupid shit like white people can't dance.

Oh here goes an great of example of white people who can't dance /s

Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    See this is your brain on racism it makes you believe utterly stupid shit like white people can't dance.
    No, I take it for what it is. Sarcasm.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    The part where he questions if we listen to the beat or the words is spot on haha.
    :P Eddie Murphy might be a awesome comedian but he is racist and stupid as fuck, especially when he was younger. Along with misogynistic and homophobic, which is pretty ironic for the amount of terrible films he has done when he wasn't trying to be funny.

No there are plenty of white people who can not only dance, but are some of the best dancers ever. The white people Eddie Murphy are talking about are probably rich uptight probably white people from the 70s

Plenty of white people who can dance.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-03-14 at 11:21 AM.

Fuck no, I have no rhythm.

Deleted
    White people be like (and yes, I am white and completely accept that we can't dance)

10+ Year Old Account
    White people be like (and yes, I am white and completely accept that we can't dance)
    That's because it's country, not exactly sure what there is to move too. I can' hear any banjos by the way or fiddles.

Give me enough alcohol and I turn into Shakira

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Fuck no, I have no rhythm.
    Are you trying to dance to Country?

- - - Updated - - -

You can't dance, plenty of white people can dance and dominate, stop trying to blame it on your race :P

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Used to. Learned Classical and Latin American Dances as well as Rock and Roll. It just was a thing you did in my time - go to a dancing school (and often meet your first GF there). Did that for about 10 years, once a week
    How old are you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    You can't dance, plenty of white people can dance and dominate, stop trying to blame it on your race :P
    More because of culture I guess, since this is the best we can do here in the Netherlands:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Used to. Learned Classical and Latin American Dances as well as Rock and Roll. It just was a thing you did in my time - go to a dancing school (and often meet your first GF there). Did that for about 10 years, once a week
    Are you born in the 40's?
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    More because of culture I guess, since this is the best we can do here in the Netherlands:
    Hahaha, most of the videos I showed, had a crap load of Europeans in it. But yeah sure culture has a lot to do with it, I am not personally of the believe LINE DANCING is anything other than the very loose description.

But dance has an amazing history, one that wouldn't be as nearly amazing without the various backgrounds of those that contributed to it of many different forms and styles. Although the MUSIC you listen to has a lot to do with it.

If you grow up listening to AC/DC you probably aren't going to dance like this

Balance, coordination, rhythm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Are you born in the 40's?
    Hahaha 40s

Most people would give their back teeth to move like this

Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-03-14 at 11:42 AM.

frankly, hakken could be pretty complex, maybe too complex and framed to be a rave dance, buth whatever...

btw rave random dancing uber alles!

7+ Year Old Account
    Does headbanging count?
    #metalhead

yes I walk around waving my hands in the air
    hit & run posting lol

Nope, it's always seemed incredibly alien to me.

Kind of. I mean anyone can slow dance so that doesn't count.

Despite enjoying a lot of Hip-Hop music, the best I can manage is a in time sway/bounce. I have no ability or agility to 'tear the floor up' like some women I see at shows or in clubs. Which is a goddamn mystery to me considering I am fairly fit, do yoga and yet I see these clearly overweight women doing like one handed handstands while gyrating every muscle in their body or doing a split with their upper and lower body seemingly moving to two different rhythms. How in the fuck- I bent down for a Lego about 30 minutes ago I am still resting in recovery as I type this now. It's a mystery that has not revealed itself to me since middle school.

That said, I can dance pretty good salsa, meringue and bachata. Latin dance is easy because there is a lot less bounce to the music and the beat is like a machine gun. It's just fast footwork and hip sway. Also my husband is Puerto Rican and he and the family taught me a lot of dances.

I can also, 'step'. But that's because I am old.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy dancing, although I'm not a good dancer myself. I don't care though, it is fun and that's what matters.

I can dance salsa, boogaloo, merengue and bachata, and if forced to under gunpoint, reggaeton as well.
    I'm not completely out of rhythm, but for Colombian standards, I had to do a lot of effort to learn to dance properly.

No. I have learned to always make sure when I go out there is at least 1 more person that doesn't like dancing to avoid the awkwardness.