Deleted

Item lvl vs stats ? Crit vs mastery/versatility

So i have a 880 neck that gives me 1700 crit/ 700 mastery, from argus vendor i got neck that gives me 1700 mastery/versatility.
    When i change the neck i am losing around 5% crit chance but i can around 5k damage on abilities. Felblade damage increased from 312 k to 317k.
    So is it worth upgrading or should i change it back.
    SmC tells me it is a 11% upgrade for my character ( not havoc overall ).
    All sites tells that crit is the best stat for havoc so that is why i am not sure what is better.
    Thanks for the info,
    cheers,

I've come across some situations when the "stats weight" sims tells me an item is an upgrade, but when I equip it and sim my character again with it I have a visible numeric dps loss as a dps spec.

For this, I don't always trust stats priority.
    I just sim my character every time I get a potential upgrade item and compare the overall dps, and that's it.

Deleted
    Implying you are playing havoc: any item without crit is not so well and should be a huge itemlevel increase.
    You have to sim your character - sorry, it‘s the only right answer her.
    But my personal feeling: 5% crit is a (too) big value to lose.

Crit >= Mastery >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> haste

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojocuervo View Post
    Crit >= Mastery >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> haste
    There are a few breakpoints for haste > mastery (around 14% and 23% if i remind correctly) because you'll get another GCD for the demonic window.

Never underestimate Crit unless its a very big item level difference.

Crit not only gives more damage, but makes you refund fury with Chaos Strike. Even at 55% crit unbuffed if sometimes feel low.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by hockenberry View Post
    There are a few breakpoints for haste > mastery (around 14% and 23% if i remind correctly) because you'll get another GCD for the demonic window.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Ncg/edit#gid=0

But haste looses value after 14% to Mastery ..so the general consensus is to aim for around 14% Haste and then focus on Mastery (and always take crit).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Ncg/edit#gid=0

But haste looses value after 14% to Mastery ..so the general consensus is to aim for around 14% Haste and then focus on Mastery (and always take crit).
    Just what i thought. Interessent : if i sim my character (~21,1% haste) it sims haste higher then crit. If i go over 23% haste drops down unter agility.

20% is a Breakpoint and sims account for lag as I believe. So you should have ~2% over the BP (depending on your latency).

Thats why people tell to aim for 14-15% but the actual BP is 12.5%

If you're debating on using a 880ilvl piece I'm guessing your overall ilvl is pretty low. What I usually do is prioritize ilvl till I'm 925/930 so that I can get into pugs and LFR while gearing. After that, if you're running T20 Felblade/First Blood your stats are heavily weighted toward Crit>Haste, and T21 (Demonic) is Crit>Mas. You should look for Crit in every piece you use tbh, and 50% Crit or more is what you're going for, for either build. DH just don't play well or do decent dps (esp outside Meta) without it, especially in older tier builds.