Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    If I was the OP I'd be SUPER leery of getting a soft ban from online play with the save file being weird, and having duplicate items.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd delete the old save, do a clear install, then take everything I learned from my original playthrough and start over legit.

For builds you're definitely wasting points on that high STR. I'd consider going for an even split quality build, or dump 20 of those STR points into faith or stamina.

If you go faith, try a Blessed infused Lothric Greatsword. Minor Regen and the lightning damage will be really high(scales better off FTH than a lightning infuse).

Or if you go quality, try the Old Wolf Curved Sword from Watchdogs of Farron. Pair it with both Pontif Left and Right rings for super good damage and healing-while-hitting. And honestly, if you're not using a shield you should have this strapped to your back for the extra damage on successive hits unless you're after some other effect, such as the stamina Regen fro. The Grass Crest shield.
    Nah, I know why I have duplicate items, I started a NG+, which unfortunately means that I have to go through a boosted DLC Ringed City now >.<

I'm level 167 with the following stats:

vigor: 50
    Endurance: 40
    Vitality: 41
    Strength: 60
    Dexterity: 30

Everything else is on default. I hope this will be enough for the DLC content without being one shot whenever I fail a roll; I REALLY don't feel like starting the game from scratch. I wonder if it's possible to edit the save file and undo the +.

As for weapons, yeah the Fume is still ridiculously strong. I don't think any sword beats the damage it does. I also still like the Dark Sword with a shield, barely anything can go wrong with that setup.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2018-03-19 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Nah, I know why I have duplicate items, I started a NG+, which unfortunately means that I have to go through a boosted DLC Ringed City now >.<

I'm level 167 with the following stats:

vigor: 50
    Endurance: 40
    Vitality: 41
    Strength: 60
    Dexterity: 30

Everything else is on default. I hope this will be enough for the DLC content without being one shot whenever I fail a roll; I REALLY don't feel like starting the game from scratch. I wonder if it's possible to edit the save file and undo the +.

As for weapons, yeah the Fume is still ridiculously strong. I don't think any sword beats the damage it does. I also still like the Dark Sword with a shield, barely anything can go wrong with that setup.
    Anything involving editing the save file risks a ban from multiplayer. So do it at your own risk, or just play in 100% offline mode or something.

Ringed City is a cakewalk with any weapon that knocks down. The only places you'll encounter real challenge will be sub-bosses and full bosses, who generally don't suffer that kind of attack.

Personally I found most of the DLC bosses to be fairly easy once you figure out their movesets. Freide at the end of DLC1 was a bit tricky until I found out you can just run up and smack her out of her invisibility move. (Spoiler tag on Freide in case you wanted to figure things out on your own)

Slave Knight whatzisface is a super spam bot like the Nameless King. I guess maybe he'd be easier if I was good at parrying, but I'm not. So if you beat Nameless you should be fine against Slave.

Midir will give you a bit of trouble until you figure out how to fight it. I thought it was pretty easy, but maybe I just stumbled across a good technique early.

Honestly, Fume will carry you through the trash. Darksword+shield will cover anything else. I think you'll be fine.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-03-19 at 08:28 AM.
    Fastest proven leveling up methods: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post49085801

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Anything involving editing the save file risks a ban from multiplayer. So do it at your own risk, or just play in 100% offline mode or something.

Ringed City is a cakewalk with any weapon that knocks down. The only places you'll encounter real challenge will be sub-bosses and full bosses, who generally don't suffer that kind of attack.

Personally I found most of the DLC bosses to be fairly easy once you figure out their movesets. Freide at the end of DLC1 was a bit tricky until I found out you can just run up and smack her out of her invisibility move. (Spoiler tag on Freide in case you wanted to figure things out on your own)

Slave Knight whatzisface is a super spam bot like the Nameless King. I guess maybe he'd be easier if I was good at parrying, but I'm not. So if you beat Nameless you should be fine against Slave.

Midir will give you a bit of trouble until you figure out how to fight it. I thought it was pretty easy, but maybe I just stumbled across a good technique early.

Honestly, Fume will carry you through the trash. Darksword+shield will cover anything else. I think you'll be fine.
    Aight, thanks!

If Ringed City goes well, I'll do Ashes of Ariandel as well in NG+. It's not that I don't enjoy a challenge, because I do. It's just that Dark Souls' controls are extremely bad and being one shot because a roll's frame times screw up can be frustrating.

Regardless, a great game. After this I'm going to give Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen a shot. People say it's even better than Dark Souls!

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Aight, thanks!

If Ringed City goes well, I'll do Ashes of Ariandel as well in NG+. It's not that I don't enjoy a challenge, because I do. It's just that Dark Souls' controls are extremely bad and being one shot because a roll's frame times screw up can be frustrating.

Regardless, a great game. After this I'm going to give Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen a shot. People say it's even better than Dark Souls!
    Just an FYI: Technically Ashes should be done before Ringed City. The story will make a bit more sense(well, as much as sense as any of the story in Dark Souls makes, anyway).

Also, Dark Souls controls aren't bad. They're just finely tuned. Dark Souls hit detection is some of the best in the industry, and in the history of gaming. Hitting your dodge at the right time, and in the right direction, is actually more important than anything you do with your build or gear. I cite the people who beat the entire game as a level 1 character without ever being hit as proof.

As for Dragon's Dogma. Meh...I tried it and couldn't stand it. It was too much RPG, if that makes sense. Managing a party of NPCs, over-focus on stats, pausing in the middle of combat!? It's more like Final Fantasy XV than anything else.

If you're looking for something more like Dark Souls, I'd say to check out anything in this list:

Dark Souls 1
    Dark Souls 2
    Bloodborne(if you have a PS4).
    Nioh is on PC now
    Monster Hunter World

Maybe look at the side-scrollers. Salt & Sanctuary is literally side-scrolling Dark Souls. Hollow Knight has many Souls-like aspects, but is just plain an incredibly good game in its own right.

Avoid "The Surge" and "Lords of the Fallen". They're technically Souls-like games, but are pretty sub par despite looking the part.
    Fastest proven leveling up methods: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post49085801