Page 1 of 2
LastLast

BFA Problem Solved? New Home for the Horde.

TLDR: This would break the game I know - But Horde to AU Draenor and stragglers just stay behind.

We know that the Mag'har Orcs are coming to the Horde in the BFA - which means they are willing to will for and with the Horde. Why not just have the Horde MOVE to AU Draenor? A rich, non-fully corrupted world that does have it's issues but that gives the SJWs like Thrall something to do with his life. The races that choose not to go would have their options if they didn't WANT to go...

Blood Elves/Nightborne: Join the Alliance or stay independent
    Goblin: Time is money friend, go back to independent
    Trolls and Tauren: Live in Mul'gore and other areas
    Pandas: Go to Panda Land

The only two outliers would be Orcs that wanted to stay (but why would they) and the Forsaken... which even has a Horde player I have to say; ya'll are dead just stay dead?

Do you agree this would make sense? Seems fairly simple.

Ok, this is a really bad idea, but I'll bite. First of all, why would they go to Draenor if the Horde in BfA gets the entirety of Kalimdor (minus the Draenei land, but who wants that anyway, amirite?). Every race of the Horde, except for the orcs, is native to Azeroth - why would they want to leave their home? And Draenor ain't perfect, it would take decades to re-establish "the Horde" there. Secondly, we don't know how stable is the connection between AU Draenor and us. Transporting a bunch of orcs is one thing, transporting an entire faction is insanity. The Dark Portal in AU Draenor is destroyed, and it takes lives to open up another one (lotta dead draenei to open the "red Dark Portal"). And thirdly, no one really likes the existence of AU Draenor, people like to pretend it never happened, this would just upset everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    say what ? this is kinda ... beter not say it

Deleted
    Wouldn't the Orcs need to genocide the Draenei of Draenor anyway, since their population increased so massively by the Azeroth migration?
    And that would result in Yrel crying for help to Khadgar, which would just shift the faction war over to Draenor again.

7+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about?

You would think that with Legion portal technology now available for study and research, the Horde and the Alliance would be more interested in space colonies and exploration than squabbling over crystals in a desert or burning down your neighbor's house. I guess if an orc was warchief going back to AU Draenor would be an idea that would find a more vocal advocate, but Sylvanas is just using the Horde as a means for her own ends, ruling through fear and intimidation, silencing the sensible voice of the orcish elders yearning for their own home once more, just like any two-bit despot would do. She's already dead; what does she care if your own sons and daughters lay dead in the fields of battle, fuel for her selfish campaign.

Hmm...I mean, you could make the same argument for the Draenei, who aren't from Azeroth either. What's to stop the war from spilling over into AU Draenor and just making things worse?

And what about the Tauren and Trolls? Azeroth is just as much their homeworld as the human and dwarves. Troll empires actually have been around longer than human settlements, and only the elves really have been around as long.

Just telling the entire Horde to GTFO to AU draenor is a pretty short-sighted solution.

so basically dismantle the horde so that alliance can rule the world?

no ty

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    How about we just send alliance to recultivate argus instead ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets shove dwarves humans and gnomes into Ulduar and lock the doors. They can go back to their makers because the product is faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Lets shove dwarves humans and gnomes into Ulduar and lock the doors. They can go back to their makers because the product is faulty.
    I support this. But who is taking Stormwind after?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magister of Quelthalas View Post
    I support this. But who is taking Stormwind after?
    Goblin amusement park.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would the trolls, tauren, blood elves, and goblins of the Horde willingly part with their strongest allies and put themselves at the mercy of the unified Alliance? To say nothing of why would the Forsaken embrace oblivion just because?

How about the draenei go to Draenor, and all the other Alliance races disperse into isolation while the Horde rules Azeroth?

Quote Originally Posted by tttsssrrr View Post
    You would think that with Legion portal technology now available for study and research, the Horde and the Alliance would be more interested in space colonies and exploration
    They have enough issues at home - planet bleeding, for example - but also we've seen in the Nightholde, that a lot of the cosmos is either burned to a cinder or completely infested with Old Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Hmm...I mean, you could make the same argument for the Draenei, who aren't from Azeroth either. What's to stop the war from spilling over into AU Draenor and just making things worse?

And what about the Tauren and Trolls? Azeroth is just as much their homeworld as the human and dwarves. Troll empires actually have been around longer than human settlements, and only the elves really have been around as long.

Just telling the entire Horde to GTFO to AU draenor is a pretty short-sighted solution.
    Not that I like the whole AU Draenor migration idea, but I fail to see how trying to conquer a whole continent that most of your races are not indigenous to is any less short-sighted. Does the Horde in-universe even have enough manpower to occupy and settle all of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    How about we just send alliance to recultivate argus instead ?
    Makes sense, the horde didnt really help on argus anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Why would the trolls, tauren, blood elves, and goblins of the Horde willingly part with their strongest allies and put themselves at the mercy of the unified Alliance? To say nothing of why would the Forsaken embrace oblivion just because?

How about the draenei go to Draenor, and all the other Alliance races disperse into isolation while the Horde rules Azeroth?
    Well, on the other hand, except for the Amani trolls fighting the Silvermoon Elves (who are in the Horde anyway), everyone was minding their own business before the Orcs came in, so it's not like they couldn't go back to what they were doing and live happily.
    Only problem left would be the Forsaken, but well, they ARE the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Not that I like the whole AU Draenor migration idea, but I fail to see how trying to conquer a whole continent that most of your races are not indigenous to is any less short-sighted. Does the Horde in-universe even have enough manpower to occupy and settle all of it?
    That's a bit of a tough one to answer. I mean, the tauren were already on Kalimdor for who knows how long. And besides the elves, it was really just quillboars and Silithus and maybe some centaur l. Otherwise whole lots of nothing until you head up north where the elves are.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That's a bit of a tough one to answer. I mean, the tauren were already on Kalimdor for who knows how long. And besides the elves, it was really just quillboars and Silithus and maybe some centaur l. Otherwise whole lots of nothing until you head up north where the elves are.
    Yeah, even now if you fly over Kalimdor, there are huge swaths of nothingness. That is why Blizzard made up that crap about the Horde lands not being fertile enough to sort of justify the hostilities but not really. I guess all of this just happens because Blizzard wants some faction war stuff before the next big bad to team up against appears. At least the last time around it was done in an interesting fashion with the wrathgate and active undermining by cults. This time it is mostly just people who should know better being stupid.

Why would the Horde want to go there?

And besides, we send the Horde there, it would just genocide AU!Draenei, form a new army and come back to conquer Azeroth. Because that's what the Horde always do.
    Whatever...