Webcam or Security Camera to set up in window?

Hey guys

I have a recessed window in my room which faces the drive way of the house and the highway outside. I'd like to be able to see out the window by using a webcam or security camera.

Do you have any suggestions for what route I should take? Looking for inexpensive option with decent quality. Doesn't need to be anything special - it isn't even for security its just for convenience so I can keep an eye on the front yard while I'm at my computer (Easy to look out for that pizza delivery guy!).

My computer is probably 10ft or so away from the window so I would need some type of extension if I go with a webcam.

Any webcams I should use or if I should instead use some kind of camera, please suggest.

You can get a wireless D-Link network camera for less than $90 on Amazon. There’s all sorts of baby monitoring type wireless cameras as well. It’ll shoot through glass just fine if you get it close enough to the window and keep it dark behind it like with blinds or curtains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another option is to use an old phone or tablet on a mini tripod with camera software such as ipcam.

thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks

Infracted for spam - Cilraaz
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2018-03-15 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    Another option is to use an old phone or tablet on a mini tripod with camera software such as ipcam.
    great idea