whats the best laptop on the market?

asking for a mildly rich friend.

Silly question, but what it it going to be used for?

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Silly question, but what it it going to be used for?
    gaming, streaming, video rendering.

Deleted
    Predator 21 X

Buy me one as well kk ty bb

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    Predator 21 X

Buy me one as well kk ty bb
    hehe im having trouble trying to get him to buy me one :P.

- - - Updated - - -

that one is sold out. and its freakin huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP9877.html

They cram desktop processors into these things.

Something like this could work, https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GT75VR-Di.../dp/B074M1S77D

ofc sager like mentioned above is good too.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

it has 2x1080 lol :P what do you expect!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    it has 2x1080 lol :P what do you expect!
    i dunno . thing is a beast. think hes lookin for a little lighter though the sager one looks pretty good though.

i dunno . thing is a beast. think hes lookin for a little lighter though the sager one looks pretty good though.
    It looks good but it won't be light. Trade off from performance to portability is something you pay for. Sagernotebooks with the desktop processors in them require more power and are generally heavier because they need to put in some really good cooling solutions.

Sager does have your other more portable options too with non-desktop processors.

Deleted
    oke oke, ill take that one then. You want my adres? When can I expect it? :P

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    It looks good but it won't be light. Trade off from performance to portability is something you pay for. Sagernotebooks with the desktop processors in them require more power and are generally heavier because they need to put in some really good cooling solutions.

Sager does have your other more portable options too with non-desktop processors.
    ya. crazy still that laptops are out with that stuff though lol. i checked the options on the sager config page. got it up to 10k im sure my friend will be happy. ty all for the replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly those Frankenstein machines are not even laptops anymore... How long will they last on battery? 20 minutes? And they weigh like 6kg?? "laptop" lul...

Better just get a decent desktop and not bother, or here is a genius idea - decent ultrabook and eGPU setup, both cheaper, more useful overall and smarter. I understand that if money is not a thing then "cheaper" is weak argument, but carrying 6kg on your back and pretty much needing powerline to use it anyway is kinda silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Honestly those Frankenstein machines are not even laptops anymore... How long will they last on battery? 20 minutes? And they weigh like 6kg?? "laptop" lul...

Better just get a decent desktop and not bother, or here is a genius idea - decent ultrabook and eGPU setup, both cheaper, more useful overall and smarter. I understand that if money is not a thing then "cheaper" is weak argument, but carrying 6kg on your back and pretty much needing powerline to use it anyway is kinda silly.
    lol . to be honest im not sure if he wants something that big but its up to him. he wants something portable and those are "portable" . i dunno. ill have to get his opinion on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol . to be honest im not sure if he wants something that big but its up to him. he wants something portable and those are "portable" . i dunno. ill have to get his opinion on it.
    Don't know, better ask what "portable" means. Because frikkiin 6kg slab that can run for like half an hour on battery if that is not exactly portable in my mind, but it could be just me.

the best laptop should be portable which rules out many 20lb monsters being suggested here, might as well carry a desktop with you all over town.

any more suggestions? maybe a lighter weight one? must have the best vid card and a good amount of ram and the bigger the ssd the better.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Razerblade laptops are thin and very powerful

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...0aAtrJEALw_wcB

Only 5.2 lb's with a 1080, 32gigs of ram and a 512 m.2.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2018-03-16 at 11:09 PM.