Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/DanStapleton/sta...59150069329920

Dan Stapleton speaks for me on this one. At this point I've resigned myself to the fact that I am no longer "with it", if I ever was in the first place, and none of this makes any sense to me anymore.
    Nothing a couple minutes of googling can't fix
    Provided you're willing or care to know. It's not like you're missing out on much and there's always more cat videos in need of attention!

Down with cable and execs editorial control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I have yet to understand Fortnite's appeal. It's cool to run around, being aware that you can be attacked at any time, but if you have shit luck then it's really not that fun. Some games I don't find anything for much of the game and other games I'm killed in 10 seconds from landing with no weapon in my hand.

There's clearly some strategy to find weapons, but I've yet to figure it out.
    Afaik it's like pubg. Check the houses and buildings or look for supply drops. Can smash and build stuff so maybe you can craft a weapon too? idk
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Why should a guy who's job is to review games care who Ninja is?

Hell I didn't even know who the fuck the guy was until a few weeks ago when people where claiming amazon prime scams got him to 100k+ subs. People who don't care about Fortnite probably give no fucks to know who he is.

It's still a big thing that this happened, for him and fortnite but I fail to see how anyone outside of the fortnite community should give a rats ass it happened. Congrats he got 600k views, LoL has broke multi million views multiple times and I still don't care about LoL...
    I don't care too much about famous streamers, nor do I care about Fortnite. I saw this on Kotaku, and I had no idea who this guy was, or even why it is so important that Drake was on his stream.

Now having Stonemountain64 and Snoop doing stuff together, that was way cooler to me.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I frequent twitch all the time. Never heard of ninja before this.
    He's just some guy who viewbotted his way to success, I mean nobody knows the guy yet his hitting ridiculous numbers.
    He played pubg with shroud for a few hours only like a month ago and he was small time at that pount.

Not sure why anyone cares about either idiot celebs or streamers.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah that's where I'm at. The fact that this little blue haired kid can beat out Bethesda's Fallout 4 reveal... that's super impressive to me.
    Sounds to me like 600,000 kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be getting old but the bar used to be higher for people to idolize someone.

For me twitch is purely to see some gameplay or tricks. Much more intelligent, entertaining and actually interesting people to watch and listen to. Still not sure why they are called content creators, all they do is play video games hardly anything being created there.

Guess if i pour some milk over cereal that i bought i suddenly became a breakfast maker chef also *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Might be getting old but the bar used to be higher for people to idolize someone.

For me twitch is purely to see some gameplay or tricks. Much more intelligent, entertaining and actually interesting people to watch and listen to. Still not sure why they are called content creators, all they do is play video games hardly anything being created there.

Guess if i pour some milk over cereal that i bought i suddenly became a breakfast maker chef also *shrug*
    Pretty much. Only time I view that shit site is to watch a couple of OWL matches. The rest of the site (in my opinion) are boring autistic people playing video games or dumbasses in the IRL section either whoring themselves out as PG 13 camgirls or filming themselves eating.

People that made this a thing should be forced to look upon the Ark of the Covenant.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Who is Drake? Who is Ninja?

lol.. "OMG THIS HIP HAWPER LIKE TOTALLY DID SOMETHING SOCIAL CALL THE PRESSES".. so he was human?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rngmonster View Post
    Who is Drake? Who is Ninja?
    Drake is a wannabe musician, known for:

Using vocals without permission (of his ex no less)
    Using underage girls at a BET awards ceremony to look amazing and hip (and failing at it)
    Disgracing a jewish temple by staging a hip hop version of a jewish ritual and saying "But it's art so stop whining"
    Getting a club shut down because he and his friends couldn't grasp the simple concept of "Don't smoke weed"

So yea.. a wannabe musician with a ego to big for his head, and people like OP look up to that

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    lol.. "OMG THIS HIP HAWPER LIKE TOTALLY DID SOMETHING SOCIAL CALL THE PRESSES".. so he was human?

- - - Updated - - -

Drake is a wannabe musician, known for:

Using vocals without permission (of his ex no less)
    Using underage girls at a BET awards ceremony to look amazing and hip (and failing at it)
    Disgracing a jewish temple by staging a hip hop version of a jewish ritual and saying "But it's art so stop whining"
    Getting a club shut down because he and his friends couldn't grasp the simple concept of "Don't smoke weed"

So yea.. a wannabe musician with a ego to big for his head, and people like OP look up to that
    Oh? I didn't know I did, thanks for letting me know.

I'll never understand peoples' fascination with celebrities. I'd ask "who cares" but I know plenty do, for whatever reason.

Deleted
    Why do we watch sports or musicals/concerts? It is simply entertainment. Nothing different. And we throw much more money at soccer/football than streamers..

Oh? I didn't know I did, thanks for letting me know.
    you literally call Drake joining a game:

I think this moment on Twitch was a pretty big deal for streaming in general. And maybe even for Twitch and just video games generally.
    Sorry, but again, you are really really adorable. If you really think that Random Celebrity A joining a random streamer B in a game is a huge thing.. please do think again.

It's literally marketing. Drake gets his name mentioned by topics like this, Twitter etc. There is nothing big about it.

10+ Year Old Account

Sorry, but again, you are really really adorable. If you really think that Random Celebrity A joining a random streamer B in a game is a huge thing.. please do think again.

It's literally marketing. Drake gets his name mentioned by topics like this, Twitter etc. There is nothing big about it.
    Streaming/gaming being used as a marketing tool for a "Random Celebrity A" is exactly the point. It's a fairly big landmark for the medium in its path towards mainstream relevance

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Streaming/gaming being used as a marketing tool for a "Random Celebrity A" is exactly the point. It's a fairly big landmark for the medium in its path towards mainstream relevance
    No.. no it's not.

AGDQ collecting > 1 million dollar through Twitch, that is a bigger deal than "lawl drake like totally joined my game!"

10+ Year Old Account
    No.. no it's not.

AGDQ collecting > 1 million dollar through Twitch, that is a bigger deal than "lawl drake like totally joined my game!"
    Well sadly I've seen more news and media buzz about Drake and Ninja than any GDQ event. I agree that pulling in that much money for charity is much more relevant but the celebrity power just wins out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going nuts over a celebrity doing a mundane thing and being salty about a celebrity doing a mundane thing is like a pot calling a kettle black.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

This was a pretty insane thing.

What's interesting about it to me is this is an example of someone just playing a video game really well and being able to hit an upper echelon of financial success, and I think this moment on Twitch was a pretty big deal for streaming in general. And maybe even for Twitch and just video games generally.
    hardly a thing , not a drake or this ninja streamer follower. A guy played a videogame, oh my oh my

How does that mean I look up to the celebrity in question? We're talking about the viewcount of a single gamer. Not Bethesda or Blizzard or OWL. Not a huge company. Just one kid who just played a video game really well. That's insanely impressive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    hardly a thing , not a drake or this ninja streamer follower. A guy played a videogame, oh my oh my
    So I bet you can just like stream on Twitch and get 600k people to watch you? Lol.