Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Threads like these make me think some people are playing a different game.

I've played Wotlk, Cata, Mop and Legion, and Legion is the most alt-friendly so far. I finally raised every class to a cap and already working on my 15th 110 right now. Yes, Legion is alt friendly - it's easy to level up (afk invasions 98-110 for a total of 1 hour gameplay) and it's easy to get geared. It can hardly be easier than that.

So this basically means wow will continue being alt friendly, which is good news of course.
    Legion is more alt friendly than Wrath? Seriously you never played Wrath dude... there's absolutely NO WAY someone who played both could possibly think that.

This isn't even something that is opinion based, you are just plain FLAT OUT WRONG as Wrath was OBJECTIVELY more alt friendly than Legion.

Just the fact we won't have "legendary items" makes everything 99% easier (alts-wise).

The only issue with alts right now is legendaries, and that's going away in BfA. So I'm not too worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuba View Post
    "Alts

BfA will be similar to Legion in terms of alt-friendliness.
    If you are looking to get varied content from alts, the team has taken a number of steps to deliver that.
    If you are looking for more alts to farm things, that is less of what the team is trying to prioritize.
    There were issues with alts early in Legion, but things are closer to okay now.
    The Heart of Azeroth catch up process for Azerite will work passively in the background, similar to Artifact Knowledge. "

So , ok i get it in a way, but ... all new allied races like upcoming zandalari , dark iron dwarf's and later on the ; Mag'har OrcsKul and Tiran Humans . Will be "alts". I know i get it they should not be lvl 110 at starting but, few monts into the expansion geting a new all-race and then lvling it from 20 or paying boost / race change is .. hmmm stupi? I mean ya it's new content , but it aint content like raid or new scenario. It liteler is a race that you dont need to play, but DH were a class that you "dont need to play", imamgion geting some Allied Class 20 weeks into the expansion something like dnk "battle mage" and then needing to do ll the content again jsut to have it.

The Mag orcs , Kult Humans etc, should not start at 20 ... at elast at 110 or somthing like that , or i dnk , just find it stupid in a way , its not a radi or somthing , this content should allready be t lunch in the game but , accasible after you finsinsh with one char the main story for zandalari and not ( i al least got that immpresion ) geting zandalari and darkiron in the first patch and then dnk in the second the orcs etc... middle of the expansion....
    The only thing that made people feel like Legion was not alt friendly was the Legendary drop system that made it a waste of time if you didn't get the best right off the bat early in the expansion and the way we got artifact knowledge that made people who start later simply eat shit right from a hobo's asshole.

If you take this out of the equation, there's nothing anti-alt in Legion. I would even say the speed at which we can gear up right now and how fast we get legendaries now is very alt friendly.

So if that's any indication of their intentions with BfA, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    Legion is more alt friendly than Wrath? Seriously you never played Wrath dude... there's absolutely NO WAY someone who played both could possibly think that.

This isn't even something that is opinion based, you are just plain FLAT OUT WRONG as Wrath was OBJECTIVELY more alt friendly than Legion.
    Nah, you're wrong.

Let's compare things at final (icc/abt) patches.

WoTLK you had to grind heroic dungeons to get gear a tier behind, lolgearscore
    Legion, you ran around argus collecting argunite to get gear a tier behind, lol itemlevel, free loot world bosses, bonus rolls, lfr, boe legendaries, legendaries from any content in-game, free gold in your order hall

It's tons easier and rewarding to field armies of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The simple solution for alts:

They're fucking alts. Not mains. If you want to switch mains, you know you're going to have to put in work to get your new main up to snuff. That's supposed to happen.

Sorry it's not Wrath, where you literally could have a full set of the last tier's gear simply by farming dungeons which were undertuned for their ilevel, nevermind for late Wrath ilevels. It shouldn't be. That was the easiest it ever was to gear an alt, and it never should have been that easy - If you commit to a main, you should be committed to that main. If you switch, that's the price of switching.

- - - Updated - - -

All of the Legion stuff is "A chance to get something", not "free gear."

I find myself getting the same piece of gear 10 times over before getting a piece that's actually useful to me in Legion. In Wrath, I handpicked exactly which item I wanted from the list of items available, meaning when I hit my grind threshold, I had the item I wanted - Not just "an item of varying usefulness."
    It's free gear.
    You have 910 shit in every slot, and a chance to get free gear in every other slot.

And no, you didn't. In WoTLK you picked the 1 item that you could use off a vendor for that slot, equipped it and shut your fucking mouth because that's all you got.

"Alts

BfA will be similar to Legion in terms of alt-friendliness.
    If you are looking to get varied content from alts, the team has taken a number of steps to deliver that.
    If you are looking for more alts to farm things, that is less of what the team is trying to prioritize.
    There were issues with alts early in Legion, but things are closer to okay now.
    The Heart of Azeroth catch up process for Azerite will work passively in the background, similar to Artifact Knowledge. "

So , ok i get it in a way, but ... all new allied races like upcoming zandalari , dark iron dwarf's and later on the ; Mag'har OrcsKul and Tiran Humans . Will be "alts". I know i get it they should not be lvl 110 at starting but, few monts into the expansion geting a new all-race and then lvling it from 20 or paying boost / race change is .. hmmm stupi? I mean ya it's new content , but it aint content like raid or new scenario. It liteler is a race that you dont need to play, but DH were a class that you "dont need to play", imamgion geting some Allied Class 20 weeks into the expansion something like dnk "battle mage" and then needing to do ll the content again jsut to have it.

The Mag orcs , Kult Humans etc, should not start at 20 ... at elast at 110 or somthing like that , or i dnk , just find it stupid in a way , its not a radi or somthing , this content should allready be t lunch in the game but , accasible after you finsinsh with one char the main story for zandalari and not ( i al least got that immpresion ) geting zandalari and darkiron in the first patch and then dnk in the second the orcs etc... middle of the expansion....
    First of all, Kul'Trians and Zandalari are parallel to each factions stories so they are both coming after launch, their stories also pertain to how the Zandalari get their Paladin back, and Kul'Trians get their Druids back, but as Ion was talking about they are likely going to change how unlocked heritage sets works but it will be in like a .5 patch somewhere down the line. I feel your pain though and agree, they should at least let you start at like 55 or 60 if you already leveled another allied race to max.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they added some kind of depth to alts in general. Create some kind of Legacy system like that found in The Old Republic.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

1) You have 910 in every slot if the RNG gods favor you and give you every slot and not just the same slot over and over.

2) I already said "from the list of available items" so bringing up the vendor list is a bit silly. It's still a full set of gear that I hand picked based on what I felt I needed at the time, instead of an RNG roll.

3) Despite pretending this is a bad thing, it's actually not. You should have a variety of stats. Fuck your BiS stats, if the ring is better, it's better. If it's not, it's not. I could care less if somebody wants more mastery, but his BiS ring is a crit/haste ring - If it's BiS, you're gonna use it whether you want to or not, so who cares?
    You handpick the slot from azerite, too. Jackass.

jesus you're fucking dense.

Legendary drops.
    AP grind.
    Order Hall Time Gates
    Crucible.

Those things made Legion the most Alt-unfriendly expansion until more than halfway through, and things still aren't really all that great. The AP grind and Order Hall are in full catch-up mode, but Legendary drops and the Cruicible are still WAY too heavily reliant on RNG for my liking.

I don't know, I don't really view Legion as being very Alt friendly, even today. Sure, you can play and screw around with an alt, but you need a CRAZY amount of luck and a retarded amount of free time to switch mains.

I don't really see Blizzard saying "Alts will be just as good in BfA" as a good thing.

Azerite? As in, the system which doesn't reward gear, and just gives you bonuses for gear slots you already have? And also has nothing to do with Legion?

And yet I'm dense, supposedly. You seem to have forgotten what we were talking about, and then incorrectly named a system which does nothing like what you claim it does as evidence in your favor.
    sorry, argunite

what the fuck ever, the shit resource that you grind. starts with a, ends with ite. I'm not a fucking autist so i cba to remember the names of fictional currencies.
    And you can get argunite azerite shit you pick up on argus for every slot you can possibly equip.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Legendary drops.
    AP grind.
    Order Hall Time Gates
    Crucible.

Those things made Legion the most Alt-unfriendly expansion until more than halfway through, and things still aren't really all that great. The AP grind and Order Hall are in full catch-up mode, but Legendary drops and the Cruicible are still WAY too heavily reliant on RNG for my liking.

I don't know, I don't really view Legion as being very Alt friendly, even today. Sure, you can play and screw around with an alt, but you need a CRAZY amount of luck and a retarded amount of free time to switch mains.

I don't really see Blizzard saying "Alts will be just as good in BfA" as a good thing.
    people comparing it to wotlk seem to forget all of wotlk before icc patch

Oh, so you'd rather grind for 4 hours to get enough resource to get one random roll piece of gear that may or may not be useful to you (nevermind potentially PvP gear, especially in the way of Trinkets), than do (maximum) 10 dungeons to buy the one piece of gear available to you, meaning people can't complain when they see you wearing it because it means you did what you were supposed to do.

Again: I fail to see how Legion is MORE alt friendly. It takes more time to get less - That's not alt friendly.
    If it takes you 4 hours to get 1 piece of argunite gear, you're doing shit horribly wrong. I would expect as much from mmo-champ dudes, ofc.

"time it takes to do 10 dungeons" while ignoring queue times.

Naxx 10 AND 25 were puggable the same week you hit 80, with barely full heroic dungeon gear. The Ulduar patch wasn't any harder - You got Naxx gear with Valor, which dropped in Heroics. The ToC patch was actually easier with the addition of the Argent Tournament gear, in addition to getting Conquest badges from Heroics AND the ToC normal mode trinkets. Which all got outshone by the Triumph badge gear in the ICC patch.

We didn't forget. You, however, seem to be assigning an unnecessary difficulty to it.
    looking
    for
    raid

You're stupid, give up.

Tanks don't have que times.
    I like how you added in "tank" after your "argument" fell apart.

You aint pugging ICC at 232 itemlevel, so you'd have to go with a guild. With a guild, you can tank ABT at 910~ the same way you can pugg ICC at 232~
    You can do fresh 110 to 910ish itemlevel in about 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Threads like these make me think some people are playing a different game.

I've played Wotlk, Cata, Mop and Legion, and Legion is the most alt-friendly so far. I finally raised every class to a cap and already working on my 15th 110 right now. Yes, Legion is alt friendly - it's easy to level up (afk invasions 98-110 for a total of 1 hour gameplay) and it's easy to get geared. It can hardly be easier than that.

So this basically means wow will continue being alt friendly, which is good news of course.
    Leveling is one thing. That was always easy. Haveing several geared with all legendaries and traits is not something the average player can do. Thats just bullshit.
    Last edited by Aggrophobic; 2018-03-16 at 06:12 PM.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I'm concerned, there's less unpredictability in BFA (no Legendaries) so I read Ion's response as inaccurate. Alts in BFA are going to be WAY friendlier from this alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    The main issue with alts at the moment are the legendaries for me and those are going away in bfa...
    Yeah, if alts are like now just without the cancerous legendaries, that's fine. If they're like Legion launch, then it's nice to know that Blizzard is still incapable of learning from mistakes.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Literally was already there. Wasn't added, you're actually that dense that you just didn't read it.

Not only could you - It was done very easily. People cleared ICC normal in heroic dungeon blue gear, at 200 ilevel.

With very good luck. And you MIGHT have a legendary, of varying usefulness, and unless you have god-level luck, it may or may not have the stats your class needs to function at all. And it doesn't include tier bonuses. And your trinkets may or may not have effects that actually matter.

Way to omit the actual problem.
    You can buy legendaries and 930 gear. You can send boa tokens to your toons.

You're talking about trinkets having effects that matter. You do realize that there was only 1 badge trinket from the toc vendor, so you were stuck with a bad/unusable trinket for your role in your 2nd slot, right? I like how you actually have no recollection of what the vendor had, and no idea what the vendor has right now.

You don't need tier to tank normal, the same way you don't need tier to tank 10man icc. You forgot about the zone buff in ICC too, I bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    i really would like to paly the orc's,
    I don't think orcs are ever going to be paladins.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

With time. Which we're talking about ease of gearing. More time = less ease. Please, I know you're struggling here, but remember what you're saying.

And all of the effects helped in some way, shape, or form. Assuming you bought the trinket you were supposed to - Which, since you literally chose to buy it, it's on you if you didn't.

Ex.: The tank one gave armor, with passive stamina - Which at the time, was PERFECT for tanking. The caster one gave hit rating passive, and a spell power on-hit trigger - Also useful. I don't remember the healing one, or the melee one.

Again: You seem to be presuming I don't remember, while also forgetting what we're talking about.

Again: It's not that I forgot, it's that you want to portrait me in a worse light because it's easier for you to dismiss valid points if you pretend I'm forgetting.

The zone buff in ICC was done INSTEAD of nerfing bosses. Which they continue to do late in the expansion every time. That doesn't mean they didn't do the bosses at 200 ilevel, and I fail to see why the buff matters - A 15% buff was MUCH lower than the jump between 200 and 232 ilevel.

At no point did I claim to say you NEEDED tier - But tier bonuses are a BIG boon to every class, and in Wrath, you bought them from a vendor. With badges from heroic dungeons. Remember, you're trying to say it was easier to gear now than it was to gear in Wrath?
    Everything that you're eligible for in your current loot spec is usable for that lootspec.
    Unsullied or whatever the shit prefix is tokens drop like candy
    Argunite gear is 910+ for your loot spec
    Nothing for your loot spec is unusable
    You can trade gear if you decide to do dungeons/lfr
    YOU CAN BUY LEGENDARIES
    World quest gear.

Takes less time now than it ever did.

The zone buff in ICC was done INSTEAD of nerfing bosses. Which they continue to do late in the expansion every time. That doesn't mean they didn't do the bosses at 200 ilevel, and I fail to see why the buff matters - A 15% buff was MUCH lower than the jump between 200 and 232 ilevel.
    It matters just as much as you bringing them up in the first place. A guild of people anvildicking a boss at 200 itemlevel is as relevant to a pug as the zone buff to this conversation. (hint, it isn't)