Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Basic UI is best UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    So your whole argument revolves around "I never experienced it, so it can't be an issue that exists for anyone else."

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748725094
    There is a whole list regarding performance light and performance heavy AddOns compiled by this person. Take your pick.
    and your argument is: "I read it somewhere so it must be true". test the addons against each other and show me the prove that they decrease your fps significantly. You have yet to prove anything.

Basic UI + GryphonsRemover™ = best ui

I used a BfA addon that makes the bars look like the ones coming in BfA. That is the only ui mod I use that changes the ui. As a tank or dps, I just turn on the self nameplate in the middle of the screen to see my health/resources. I have some weak auras that track important things for me so I don't need to move my eyes.

The only thing I wish blizzard would make by default is a way to move your debuffs. When I used ElvUI, I liked having my debuffs appear in the middle-ish of my screen where my health bars where. I think that would help a lot of newer players to content see when they need to do something. I raid with a 21" monitor and looking over at the debuffs is a little too far for me. I know weak auras can do a whole lot, and I have the popular raid one that shows raid abilities, along with Big Wigs, but moving the debuffs to under my self nameplate helped probably the most for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallowz View Post
    Pro arena players don't use addons because you aren't (or at least you weren't in the past so they've gotten used to it) allowed to use them at LAN events.
    This person named the most common reason youll see YTs using the default UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    This person named the most common reason youll see YTs using the default UI.
    exactly
    /tenchar

default UI is the best

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    thats because not everyone likes that bad ElvUi addon
    (and some people like to play on patchday and not wait for days till they can play properly)
    Not only Elvui exists as an alternative.

Patchday is always a x.0 pre-patch that lasts for a few months before the real expansion. It means no new zones/quests/xp, no real progression. I have more than enough time to completely set up my UI in that case something is broken (I use pretty much the same settings since MoP, but whatever).
    Besides, I have experience with Elvui, so a few weeks ago, I could set it up from scratch (deleted interface+wtf folders) in an hour. For that hour of my life, I got my clean and consistent UI back, removed the unnecessary parts that litter my screen during gameplay.

-------------------
    Btw, just look at the BfA alpha tests. Even on basic UI, after 14 years Blizz realized that the bag icons and the micro menu have inconvenient placement, so they put them to the bottom right corner... This is what triggers me when I see the Basic UI. It's just not optimal, simple and authentic, but not optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Solence View Post
    and your argument is: "I read it somewhere so it must be true". test the addons against each other and show me the prove that they decrease your fps significantly. You have yet to prove anything.
    No, I actually don't. There have been done enough tests already by the guy from that thread. There is very clear evidence that you simply chose to ignore because you want to be right on the internet.

Guess you'll have to keep being triggered each time someone is talking about performance heavy AddOns.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    [*]You can't even copy a link from the basic chat panel.
    This is the greatest reason for addons! I use a chat addon and bartender + xperl/suf. I just like how their unit frames and action bars look, and how I can configure them.

my only addons are Skada+tmw , all the others distract your attention

No, I actually don't. There have been done enough tests already by the guy from that thread. There is very clear evidence that you simply chose to ignore because you want to be right on the internet.

Guess you'll have to keep being triggered each time someone is talking about performance heavy AddOns.
    ive read through his whole thread and i cant see what evidence you are talking about. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Solence View Post
    ive read through his whole thread and i cant see what evidence you are talking about. sorry
    Oh, I see. If the reading process is the actual issue for you then I can understand this.

5+ Year Old Account
    I find the default UI horrendous mainly because so much critical info is so scattered.

most addons are just "cute" bad information that you don't need to play the game.
    outside of flyplatebuffs, gladius/sarena and bigdebuffs, maybe recount/skada/details too, I don't see the need for anything else, and there seriously isn't.
    liking to make your UI cute is ok, but its not a must-have as many pvers make it look

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    I was using ElvUI for quite a long time, spent shitton of time to make it work and after one update... All was gone. Now I'm playing with Blizz UI combined with weakauras and Clique for healing and you know what? Works like a charm
    lol, you could just make a backup, i mean it's copying 3 files, not hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanillashake View Post
    Standard UI and a few tweaks with macros and the combo of Weakauras + Bigwigs feel really good. I also advice my fellow raiders to keep the addon arsenal under control due to usually breaking on patch days.

I still have PTSD attacks from Amber Shaper Unsok (T14) where every player who got picked yelled "FFS I GOT NO VEHICLE BAR" due to buggy bar addons.
    I've never an issue with a vehicle bar and I've been using elvui since like Cataclysm.

Basic UI works fine. I hardly look at it most of the time since everything is keybound. I've added timer bars and a couple of other light weight addons (scrap, mail, auction house).
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Deleted
    So your whole argument revolves around "I never experienced it, so it can't be an issue that exists for anyone else."

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748725094
    There is a whole list regarding performance light and performance heavy AddOns compiled by this person. Take your pick.
    No it's coming from someone who's experienced with addons. If addons screw up with your performance it's either :

1. Your hard drive is literally garbage and can't handle the extra requests.
    2. Your ram is constantly maxed out which causes your computer to throttle wow.
    3. Using out of data addons or bad code contained within an addon or even potential corruption.

Mind you elvui, a boss mod and a damage meter uses on average 90-120mb, that's literally nothing.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    No it's coming from someone who's experienced with addons. If addons screw up with your performance it's either :

1. Your hard drive is literally garbage and can't handle the extra requests.
    2. Your ram is constantly maxed out which causes your computer to throttle wow.
    3. Using out of data addons or bad code contained within an addon or even potential corruption.

Mind you elvui, a boss mod and a damage meter uses on average 90-120mb, that's literally nothing.
    People need to realise that RAM usage with add-ons means NOTHING AT ALL. You can have a 1mb add-on use 90% of your cpu cycles in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    People need to realise that RAM usage with add-ons means NOTHING AT ALL. You can have a 1mb add-on use 90% of your cpu cycles in WoW.
    People like yourself need to separate them.

1. If a 1mb addon uses 90% of your cpu cycles in wow it's either corrupted or badly written.
    2. If wow already caps out your ram because you have limited ram, an addon could push it over the threshold and cause your game either to get throttled or crash.