Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Don't think "head cannon" would apply to that statement one way or the other. Do you know what the term means?

I am not making a statement about lore; just an observation about how Blizz writes. If they kill off Malfurion, it will only be to justify turning Sylvanas into a raid boss.
    Or because they're corrupting a world leader and archdruid in an expansion centered around N'zoth and Azshara? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    You assume you know which faction I support?
    Funny.
    I play both, so I'm neutral, I just like to mess with people.
    Your posting history proves this oh, so much. You're as believable as woke independents from GenOT.

If losing your capital to sneak attack is weak, then losing it to an open attack you see coming is pathetic.
    Nope she burns Teldrassil in sneak terrorist attack, while he marches an army openly giving her plenty of time to prepare defenses but she is too weak to stop him.
    And yet history is chock-full of examples of a city being captured by a large army (and Alliance fails to capture it, they even fail to push the Horde out of Tirisfal), while it doesn't have any for cities lost to a terrorist attacks. I'd say being the first ones to lose a city to an attack like that is weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Even if he would have plot armor, he would still be able to loose a battle. You just throw out catch phrases to devalue things that people say you disagree with.
    But he won't be in any danger because of that.

How is he mary sue for casting a strong spell? Is Sylvanas also a mary sue because of her banshee powers? This is a game about heroes and you just complain that the heroes you don't like are to strong. I don't like Anduin either, but what they showed in the cinematic is not different from the fantasy stuff we have seen in WoW before.
    He's a mary sue because his powers surpass Velen's despite a gap in experience that spans tens of thousands of years and despite Velen being best bud with Naaru.

And age or undeath somehow have to give you more power than being trained by Velen? Age gives you experience and Sylvanas being a exceptional archer is completely justified, but her banshee powers are not more "realistic" then Anduin's holy powers and the vision about him is out of game bullshit that has no effect on this game, the same way Illidan being the champion of the light had any effect, at this point in time.
    Banshees are ultimate anti-casters in lore and the healing spell he was casting in the cinematic would most likely not have fared well against an arrow to his exposed face from Sylvanas, one of the best (if not the best) archers in Azerothian history. And the story about Anduin was not a vision. It was a time skip. So it's not remotely similar to a prophecy about Illidan. It being out of game is meaningless, most of the lore is.

Enjoy your head cannon; nothing in lore says Night Elves are weaker than Blood Elves. But hey, if it makes you happy to think that way, it is just a game after all.
    But all Rhlor did was mentioning several questlines. Which are lore.

If they killed Malfurion, it would only be to set up Garrosh 2.0. There would be no going back at that point; Sylvanas would become a raid boss.
    Why on earth would killing an enemy faction leader mean Sylvanas becoming a raid boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiria View Post
    Oh look, someone who takes seriously a story that keeps one faction in the freezer without being able to even act because writers are too busy touching themselves thinking about their favorite faction mass murdering the other!
    I've seen plenty of brilliant Alliance posters inanely screeching about HORDE BIAS COVFEFE but your take on the topic is among the most brilliant I've seen so far. Since when is Alliance in the freezer? It has its own stories whenever the Horde does too. In fact, it has more stories than the Horde because 7.2 was the only patch in WoW's history that gave a faction-specific story to just one side and that side was Alliance.

And even if your victim complex-ridden conspiracy theory was true, which it is not, lel at you not addressing at Kenji87 taking the story seriously as well. Even though, according to you, their serious take on the story is wrong because Alliance is in the freezer and as such couldn't have kicked the Horde. Alas, you'd need to develop intellectual honesty first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But he won't be in any danger because of that.

He's a mary sue because his powers surpass Velen's despite a gap in experience that spans tens of thousands of years and despite Velen being best bud with Naaru.

Banshees are ultimate anti-casters in lore and the healing spell he was casting in the cinematic would most likely not have fared well against an arrow to his exposed face from Sylvanas, one of the best (if not the best) archers in Azerothian history. And the story about Anduin was not a vision. It was a time skip. So it's not remotely similar to a prophecy about Illidan. It being out of game is meaningless, most of the lore is.
    Until the writers decide to change the story. Me mentioning Illidan wasn't meant as a comparison, but a example for a change of direction, which happens all the time in WoW. So this vision or time skip doesn't matter until we reach the point were it is represented in the game, until then I will pay it as much attention as the pen and paper rpg. Anduin could always die, if the lore team decides it would be beneficial for the game.

Where was it stated that his powers surpass the power of Velen?

Banshees are ultimate anti-casters? Never heard of that before. Because they can cast anti-magic shield or silencing shot?

Sylvanas would also not fare well against a laser beam from the Vindicaar to the head, but her not dying to a potential threat doesn't make her level of power more or less unrealistic.

Don't get me wrong, I think the writing in WoW is abysmal, but you argue from a point were you acknowledge that the alliance writing is stupid because Sylvanas doesn't wipe the floor with Anduin!? Both sides are written terrible.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I could see them make a town with a bridge on top of the twin giants in hinterlands thunder bluff-style or expand feathermoon hold.
    Enclaves around old dream portals or another town in moonglade idk where they'll go. SW park?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Unlike Sylvanas, Anduin listens to his advisors. He doesn't have to know everything if he surrounds himself with experience and inspires people to work hard for him.

How many of Sylvanas's followers are inspired to give their best? One.

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoy your head cannon; nothing in lore says Night Elves are weaker than Blood Elves. But hey, if it makes you happy to think that way, it is just a game after all.

- - - Updated - - -

If they killed Malfurion, it would only be to set up Garrosh 2.0. There would be no going back at that point; Sylvanas would become a raid boss.
    Quest:Hacking the Construct
    Description

Now we will hack their arcane construct and use it to wreak havoc. Have you done this type of magic before, <name>? No? Hah! That makes my plan all the more delicious. Nearby you should see a formidable arcane construct they've summoned. Thanks to the runestones you gathered, we know how to communicate with it. Talk to the construct and say "Al'teth la c'tolgar." Got that? Repeat it? Close enough. Report back to me and let me know what happens!
    Completion

Haha! Hah - HA! Night elf "mages" fleeing their own arcane creation. Your actions have made my month, <name>. That's why we blood elves don't use arcane constructs anymore - they've been outlawed for, oh, 1500 years. It's amusing to me to watch our foes repeat the mistakes of the past. "Mages." Indeed.

Quest:Rider on the Storm
    Use the [Raging Vortex Gem] at Nijel's Point Ruin. While commanding your firestorm, kill 40 Nijel's Point Defenders and burn 15 Nijel's Point Merchants. The location of Nijel's Point Ruins is the archway in front of Nijel's point, if you place mouse pointer on the arch it will say the name. There are no indicators that show up on your map.

Should you lose your Raging Vortex Gem, you may acquire another from the Ancient Vortex Runestone.
    Description

You cannot help but to feel a twinge of pride, having unlocked this long lost secret of the ancient worshippers of Elune.

You now possess the power to inflict great damage upon your enemy.

As it was Furien's tireless work that made this possible, it only seems right that the weapon should be unleashed upon those who took his life.

The Alliance scum at Nijel's Point shall pay for their offenses against the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    If by kicked by the Alliance you mean Alliance kicking in the Horde's general direction because they have anger management issue, but missing the Horde due to their incompetence and losing their leg in the process, then managing to survive as a faction only because of Horde's internal turmoil. Because for all their aggression against the Horde during WoW, Alliance has an atrocious win rate. If Azerothian warfare had an ELO rating system like LoL or Overwatch, Alliance would be in bronze V.
    It's not the Alliances fault that our most powerful hero's keep being defined as neutral and stand still while the enemy faction murders their wife.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

experience means shit.

just give the leadership to Shandris.

if one guy who shook the entire Azeroth and one girl who Goddess herself protected her from Archimonde cannot protect one fucking tree then you know how bad your people is screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    experience means shit.

just give the leadership to Shandris.

if one guy who shook the entire Azeroth and one girl who Goddess herself protected her from Archimonde cannot protect one fucking tree then you know how bad your people is screwed.
    Don't blame characters - blame poorly skilled writers. I'm sure even if NELF were led by Sargeras himself with current writers they still would be punching bags for Horde.

- Eonar! I need your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Don't blame characters - blame poorly skilled writers. I'm sure even if NELF were led by Sargeras himself with current writers they still would be punching bags for Horde.

- Eonar! I need your help!
    LoL true.

NE were my favorite race back during WC3 era but now they are meh.

I still remember that sequence in Val'sharah

Malfurion: Tyrande, I need you!!!
    Tyrande: I'm coming my love!!!

Maybe they'll return felwood into the woodland paradise it once was before being corrupted and take back ashenvale, putting a giant wall up around them so no one can get into it, and only appear again when they becomes cursed after being bitten by an insect and change into a race that swap between elves and insect..

I think NE might migrate to Hyjal. I think Blizzard made Illidan restore World Tree power for a reason.

They can dig up and hold Hyjal against Horde as they did back in Cataclysm against Ragnaros forces.

I doubt Malfurion or Tyrande will die in the book. I think its more likely one of them might bite it in Azshara patch however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Possibly sinking down into oblivion with the burned remains of Teldrassil. Realistically speaking, they'll probably be divided in random refugees in the Eastern Kingdoms and "Night Elf resistance" in Kalimdor, likely part of some Warfront yet to be announced by Blizzard.

That's likely going to be the situation for the time being, as long Blizzard will not decide what to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    You assume you know which faction I support?
    Funny.
    I play both, so I'm neutral, I just like to mess with people.
    Give us a break. What's this recent trend of historically Alliance-leaning posters saying "I play both sides so I'm neutral herp derp".

I play both sides myself and always try to offer logical arguments and discussion and yet I have the intellectual honesty of not proclaiming myself "neutral".
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

They could always go back to Hyjal where the original world tree was. There's already plenty of NElf structures there and of course now lands there have been restored....

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Give us a break. What's this recent trend of historically Alliance-leaning posters saying "I play both sides so I'm neutral herp derp".
    The woke independents of WoW.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

What's this recent trend of historically Alliance-leaning posters saying "I play both sides so I'm neutral herp derp".
    A last ditch effort to talk to Horde fanatics who knee-jerk dismiss anything not in the pro-Horde dogma?

I usually lurk this forum, but always walk away wondering two things:
    1) How the hell is anyone taking Blizz writing seriously post-3.1?
    2) Why does anyone bother talking to the Horde cultists?

I eagerly await my infraction while the Horde posters can openly directly insult people. Lurk mode reengaged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    A last ditch effort to talk to Horde fanatics who knee-jerk dismiss anything not in the pro-Horde dogma?
    Well, that's a plan totally not going to fail. What's better than intellectual dishonesty to prove oneself right?

I eagerly await my infraction while the Horde posters can openly directly insult people
    Ah yes, here we go with the evil Horde team totally favored and protected by the greater and dark powers. First it was Blizzard, now is MMO-Champion's mod team. See, @Mehrunes? That's precisely what I meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

So let me get this straight. The biggest fanfiction peddlers in the world want to be taken seriously by pretending to be Woke Independent Party of Azeroth? Have you people tried, I dunno, not peddling fanfiction? Seems to be working fine for the Alliance players who already don't do that. Also, "anything not in the pro-Horde dogma", "abject bullshit that negates actual lore, even when it's Word of God", what's the difference /s Oh, well, it's not like there not being any difference between the two in the land of the special part of Alliance players is anything new.

I eagerly await my infraction while the Horde posters can openly directly insult people. Lurk mode reengaged.
    It's truly fascinating that people manage to develop a victim complex over a video game.

Ah yes, here we go with the evil Horde team totally favored and protected by the greater and dark powers. First it was Blizzard, now is MMO-Champion's mod team. See, @Mehrunes? That's precisely what I meant.
    I know, right? The reach of HORDE BIAS COVFEFE seems to be endless. Soon the sky will fall and HORDE BIAS Illuminati lizard-men will pour through to this dimension to kill us all. It is known. As I mentioned in some recent post, the next time Blizzard adds doomsayers to the game, instead of Old Gods, Legion or Void Lords, they should just reeeeeee about HORDE BIAS on repeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't they just return to Hyjal? And Nodrasal/sil/whatever-that-tree is called.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshuttle View Post
    Wouldn't they just return to Hyjal? And Nodrasal/sil/whatever-that-tree is called.
    The thing is, Hyjal is pretty much the entirety of northern Kalimdor. It’s a massive area that includes Ashenvale and Felwood and all of that. So would they go just deeper and higher into the mountains? Doubtful, Sylvanas wanted to get rid of Night Elves next door. I don’t think that a prospect of them moving closer to Orgrimmar would be seen as something positive.