Will you look at legendaries differently now after legion?

I'm sure everyone was excited when Blizz mentioned that you'd get all these cool legendaries pre-Legion but it was so poorly executed i.e. RNG, some pieces more powerful than other, etc etc.

Now if they implement legendaries (correct me if I'm wrong but havent heard any BfA leggo info), will you look at them differently now? Have they lost their 'legendary' feel?

I think the leggos felt the most legendary when a few folks server wide could get them i.e. Thunderfury/Sulfuras, due to the amount of work and resources needed to acquire them.

Also, those classes that didn't get the leggos designed for them, didn't feel snubbed. There wasn't any huge outcry at the time (from what I remember) since leggos were so rare.

MoP capes changed that and I think that's when leggos started feeling a little welfare....but still had some epicness to it due to the quest etc.

I didn't finish through WoD so I can't comment on the ring leggos.

Legion's version of legendaries have soured a lot of people's views on them. I'ts lost its legendary feel to them.

My take on this is that there will be no legendaries in BfA.

The expansion after BfA, they'll introduce back leggos as a 'new' feature.

Blizz's pattern is remove features then reintroduce them later i.e. class abilities and pruning and now bringing back 'class identity' aka we pruned too much...

I wonder if they'd be better received, had they not been legendaries, but their own armor color, like Red, and were named something else.

Personally I'll miss them

Legendaries have always been shitty, this one is fair because everyone has to experience it. Total randomness is better than not having any legendary for your spec for several expansions, imho.

I will most definitely miss Aggramar's Stride and Sephuz combo, it will be hard to go back to crawling speed.

Deleted
    I prefer when legendaries are of the thunderfury type. Very rare, taking a long questline and investment to complete, requiring your guild to help you achieve it. They feel more prestigious than random RNG drop.

At that point they are more of an achievement for the guild,

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Legiondaries in my mind will always be a separate thing. More like 'unique' gear, some level between epic and legendary rather than actual legendaries.

In alpha (and live) my hunter is going to keep using Roots of Shaladrasill forever until the power stops working.

3% max hp healed a second, aka automatic free 100% hp every 30 seconds. No pants are gonna EVER beat that even if Roots had 0 stats.

They are just gear. Once upon a time it was special. But now its just an orange piece.

Quote Originally Posted by monchwow View Post
    I'm sure everyone was excited when Blizz mentioned that you'd get all these cool legendaries pre-Legion but it was so poorly executed i.e. RNG, some pieces more powerful than other, etc etc.

Now if they implement legendaries (correct me if I'm wrong but havent heard any BfA leggo info), will you look at them differently now? Have they lost their 'legendary' feel?

I think the leggos felt the most legendary when a few folks server wide could get them i.e. Thunderfury/Sulfuras, due to the amount of work and resources needed to acquire them.

Also, those classes that didn't get the leggos designed for them, didn't feel snubbed. There wasn't any huge outcry at the time (from what I remember) since leggos were so rare.

MoP capes changed that and I think that's when leggos started feeling a little welfare....but still had some epicness to it due to the quest etc.

I didn't finish through WoD so I can't comment on the ring leggos.

Legion's version of legendaries have soured a lot of people's views on them. I'ts lost its legendary feel to them.

My take on this is that there will be no legendaries in BfA.

The expansion after BfA, they'll introduce back leggos as a 'new' feature.

Blizz's pattern is remove features then reintroduce them later i.e. class abilities and pruning and now bringing back 'class identity' aka we pruned too much...
    Yes they lost the pre MoP rarity prestige but overall i like the legion variant of legendary item .
    I think it helped a lot in personalization of gameplay .

For example , not BiS but for my warrior tank i used legendary wrists that give 10% of your hp for every 10 rage consumed paired with the legs which give 1 additional charge of shield block and spell reflect making raid tanking super easy.

On my destro lock i use the belt that gives fire spells 6% of granting a soulshard ,combined with talents, if you are rng lucky you become a chaos bolt machine.

Yes, some were better than others but overall it was a really good addition

They've been very fun as a customizable way to gear-shift outside of tier sets to address play style preferences or encounter needs.

They were admittedly bad in drop rates, lack of BLP, and the comparative performance differences especially early but Blizz sorted all that out. As of now if you don't have the best legendaries it's because you aren't trying, or because you only just started and thus don't matter.

I will miss them. I'd hope the idea gets brought forward again in future, even if they aren't called "legendaries" in order to avoid saltiness.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to see any legendaries in the game anymore. Especially not in their Legion rendition.