Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Because telling people about Hello Kitty World Quest Island Adventure doesn't exactly pump up those preorders.
    The Uncharted Islands will be pumped up though, they're also a feature of the expansion and so far it seems they're pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Not only are they new races, some of which have great lore and/or have been asked for a long time, they also provide us with the opportunity to speculate about future ones while actually having a chance of being right.

In any other expansion, people asking for a random new NPC race to become playable (even before they actually see the quests related to said race) would be ignored. In BfA, there's a very high chance their wish will become a reality.
    Good point, as they said during the latest Q&A, they have people scouring the web for player reception and attitudes, so if they see a big enough and positive response (cough Vulpera cough), it might hold weight and become a feature.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because Islands weren't out yet, nor War Fronts.

Things should start balancing out now that we have the 4 launch Allied Races, and Islands are open for testing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost all the new posts in this section are about allied races. No one seems to be interested in anything else. What the hell is even happening? Do none of you remember what happened with WoD and the overly hyped "updated" models? Yes races are cool, but let's not forget that there are far more important things to be giving Blizz feedback on. Get off that hype train jesus.

are you joking mate, its 70% allied races and like 10% classes at most.

Freaking casual cosplayers tend to care about things that dont affect the gameplay at all too much aka lore,races,new bear form, new models, like somehow it makes raiding/pvp/dueling/m+ more fun,

no wonder blizzard is getting away with murder having this kind of new audience, pixel masturbators

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    There is not a ton of info on new features to discuss. New zones - mostly spoiler stuff.

New races - this is something we can actively talk about and discuss Plus, they are pretty cool
    ye, new pixels are so fun, who cares about classes being trashed again, give me my new bear form! yay!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ret4resto View Post
    I care about allied races because we haven’t had a new race since MISTS.

Plus Kul Tirans can be Druids, do you realize how excited I am about pwning hordies in BGS as an epic tree monster? I’m pretty hyped.
    ya, f these pruned 1-2-3 classes, I dont care! I will farm hordies using 3 buttons next expansion too, but with cooler animation!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Because telling people about Hello Kitty World Quest Island Adventure doesn't exactly pump up those preorders.
    its not about blizzard, its about these forum members discussing the least important issues (that doesnt affect gameplay in any significant way) like its something major, meanwhile

- titanforging will still exist (but allied races!)
    - worgens and goblins still outdated (bul allied races!)
    - classes are getting even more pruned in most cases (but my allied races!)
    - we are getting into another grindy expansion with azerite (huh, I am so excited about those upright orcs!)

its like a drug for you people that somehow prevents discussing real issues in wow

Quote Originally Posted by --Code-- View Post
    Almost all the new posts in this section are about allied races. No one seems to be interested in anything else. What the hell is even happening? Do none of you remember what happened with WoD and the overly hyped "updated" models? Yes races are cool, but let's not forget that there are far more important things to be giving Blizz feedback on. Get off that hype train jesus.
    Two different things. Updated models were for everyone whether you bought WoD or not. Allied Races is The Biggest Selling point of BfA. What's the point of giving feedback unless you are in the alpha and have tested other "important things" which many are not out yet. Just because people like new allied races/class combo, doesn't mean everything else is forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post

Freaking casual cosplayers tend to care about things that dont affect the gameplay at all too much aka lore,races,new bear form, new models, like somehow it makes raiding/pvp/dueling/m+ more fun,

no wonder blizzard is getting away with murder having this kind of new audience, pixel masturbators

- - - Updated - - -

ye, new pixels are so fun, who cares about classes being trashed again, give me my new bear form! yay!

- - - Updated - - -

ya, f these pruned 1-2-3 classes, I dont care! I will farm hordies using 3 buttons next expansion too, but with cooler animation!

- - - Updated - - -

its not about blizzard, its about these forum members discussing the least important issues (that doesnt affect gameplay in any significant way) like its something major, meanwhile

- we are getting into another grindy expansion with azerite (huh, I am so excited about those upright orcs!)

its like a drug for you people that somehow prevents discussing real issues in wow
    This. /10char

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly! And just look at all those telling me that allied races ARE the BFA selling point! It tell us alot about what the Wow community had become, at least on this kind of forums.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    It's like people doesnt care at all about anything else! If you look at all the forums, official and fansites, about 80% of attention are about allied races and classes. Dont you care a bit about anything else? What about the new zones? The leveling experience and all the new features? I'm kinda worried because it's like majority will be just happy with some new races even if the content is lacking. Apart some abilities, allied races are just cosmetic.
    *wonders why allied races get so much attention*
    *creates a topic about it, effectively giving them even more attention*
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly! And just look at all those telling me that allied races ARE the BFA selling point! It tell us alot about what the Wow community had become!
    I agree, if the allied races are the primary reason for people buying the game they're in for a huge letdown after BFA launches. Let's see how long their rose colored glasses last when there's nothing but pruned classes and AP 2.0 in the game. Do NOT just blindly trust Blizzard in other areas of the game, that's how we ended up with WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    *wonders why allied races get so much attention*
    *creates a topic about it, effectively giving them even more attention*
    I dont care about the attention on this forum. I just wanna know why people are only interested in this weak feature that have no effect at all on the quality of an expac.

There's absolutely zero point discussing classes at this stage since we don't even have info from Blizzard which specs are considered updated and which still will be. Atm except demo and marksmanship / survival most specs seem to be in "under construction" mode with barely anything in it. So you can either cry sky is falling already (despite only a handful of specs are updated for BFA) or you can wait and see.

What else should people discuss? Raids aren't open for testing, dungeons were like... 2 on normal mode open?

So what you can discuss? Datamined models and datamined questlines / dialogs. The second part is well discussed already with lots of drama to it as well (Sylvanas / Saurfang / Jaina / Zandalari paladins etc.)

At best you can post your wishlist of changes for a class, but that's better sent to Blizzard or posted on their forums.

Deleted
    Just as Blizzard wants. Keep players distracted with cosmetics enough not to notice lack of content release.

Worked with transmog and store mounts, it'll work again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    There's absolutely zero point discussing classes at this stage since we don't even have info from Blizzard which specs are considered updated and which still will be. Atm except demo and marksmanship / survival most specs seem to be in "under construction" mode with barely anything in it. So you can either cry sky is falling already (despite only a handful of specs are updated for BFA) or you can wait and see.

What else should people discuss? Raids aren't open for testing, dungeons were like... 2 on normal mode open?

So what you can discuss? Datamined models and datamined questlines / dialogs. The second part is well discussed already with lots of drama to it as well (Sylvanas / Saurfang / Jaina / Zandalari paladins etc.)

At best you can post your wishlist of changes for a class, but that's better sent to Blizzard or posted on their forums.
    1) false, most of the specs are already updated massively, and the direction of the development is already seen ( for example surv hunter/shadow priest went through major dumbing down, surv now plays like a bit harder version of bm hunter, which is... pathetic), alpha has been showing the direction of classes every expansion, and its as bad now as in wod and legion, and so far we are seeing 2 things

- they are not willing to unprune classes and make them significantly more complex (and thus in most cases) fun to play.
    - some major toxic mechanics aka voidform is here to stay, and many many more

so instead of having people discussing this (CAUSE REMEMBER - ALPHA IS THE ONLY TIME YOU CAN MAKE THEM CHANGE THE DIRECTION OF CLASS DESIGNS) , this subforum acts like a bunch of 12 y.o manga readers and anime watchers (yay! new comixes are out! sylvanas! wow look at this new upright orc model/bear form (20 fucking pages)

What else should people discuss?
    Something taht directly affects gameplay?

-Like how to make professions fun and truly rewarding again?
    -How to make world pvp at least exist?
    -How to make dueling fun again
    -Why is this korean-style grinding still in the game (azerite)
    -How to fix loot systems (aka titanforging bullshit)
    -How mythic plus can be significantly improved
    -Why such things as threat/ in combat mana management were so pruned, how to make them fun again

and other ACTUAL topics, that involve the way of how you fucking gonna play the game for the next 2 years of BFA.
    the hype for allied races will die within 1 months, but these previously mentioned issues are here to stay, not solving them means another pathetic 4.5 m (or even less) expansion
    Last edited by Dmitro; 2018-03-17 at 02:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post

So apparently what you say is there's absolutely zero point discussing anything but allied races? WTF are you talking about? We cant discuss or asking about things because they're not open for testing???

Because they're adding at least 8 this expansion and are likely going to add many more and it's kind of exciting to see the possibilities with it. Not to mention there hasn't been a new race in 6 years until allied races started releasing

Dont you care a bit about anything else? What about the new zones? The leveling experience and all the new features? I'm kinda worried because it's like majority will be just happy with some new races even if the content is lacking. Apart some abilities, allied races are just cosmetic.
    If you read any past discussion on these forums, you'd know what people care about:
    New zones: "will they be crap to navigate with noflying?"
    Levelling experience: "how quick will it be over?"
    New features: "how much will I have to grind those side features to be viable in pvp / raids?"

Do you really wish to have more threads about "new features" that will boil down mostly to complaints about mission tables 3.0, azerite grinding and whatnot? I'd rather have another thread about cool new dino mount instead.

- - - Updated - - -

surv now plays like a bit harder version of bm hunter, which is... pathetic
    Apparently most people did not enjoy "complicated" survival because it stayed all time low over the course of Legion. While BM hunters were played a lot, even when they were doing inferior dps to marksmanship. The idea complicated classes would fix wow is not reflected in class / spec representation.

-How to make world pvp at least exist?
    There was a thread about world pvp. Most people didn't seem to care about it and laughed at the OP who made big petition "save world pvp".

-Why is this korean-style grinding still in the game (azerite)
    We know why. So people don't run out of "stuff to do". Yeah, there were tons of threads about how people are gonna quit over another expansion long grind, but do you really think there's a point to these threads? For each guy who threatens to unsub over it (and probably won't), there's another guy who would unsub if his main character "was done". There was a point before 7.2 when you could max an artifact and "be done" and immediately threads cropped up along the lines "omfg Blizz how come I can't put more AP into my artifact". There are always these people who complain about "lack of progression" and it's because of them we get these systems.

-How to fix loot systems (aka titanforging bullshit)
    Also there were bazillion threads about that subject. All of them devolved into "only elitist pricks want titanforging to go away". So again, no point bringing it up again to hear the same thoughts from the "community".

-How mythic plus can be significantly improved
    I remember a thread "invent your own m+ affix". That was actually fun. Except that, majority of m+ threads were "qq I get declined in pugs". No fun to read these again and again.

-Why such things as threat/ in combat mana management were so pruned, how to make them fun again
    Because too many people didn't like them. At least Blizzard promised vanilla servers, that's the only place where you can expect those to return.

So you don't understand that people care about and greatly value how their characters look? Are you serious?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    is there anything else to be excited for in BfA?

5+ Year Old Account
    you want to talk about the lore where we don't even know what hell is going on on teldrassil, the start of the xpac?.
    we don't know the context of almost anything.
    we don't know about the warfronts.
    so what else should people talk?

I love the conspiracy theories in this thread, the paranoia and salt are so damn high while the realization that there is currently nothing else worthy of note to talk about hasn't hit just yet.

Alpha still lacks far too many features, the zones and quests are incomplete, not many people have access to the Alpha, people are avoiding spoilers and so forth. This removes the possibility to discuss other features of BfA because how can you even properly discuss something if 80% of the people have no clue about it? Allied races though, they are pretty straightforward, not to mention something to look at and are one of the few clear updates Alpha has to offer so far. People are curious to know what might come next when it comes to the graphics and play options, how Blizzard is going to balance these races out between the factions, if they are going to push the old game system harder to try and bring something interesting, new and fresh to the table. I could go on.

As long as the Alpha phase isn't more widely accessible and all the zones and quests can't be tested yet along with all the others features, people will continue to talk more about Allied races than anything else. Suck up the grief and focus on the threads which do interest you and if there aren't any, make one rather than ask a question which has an obvious (but unsatisfying) answer.