Poll: Take your pill - affects the Lore forever

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    "If he'd of told us the truth we'd have told him to shove that pill right up his ass"

I reply to your matrix style question with a matrix quote and choose none

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Yeh, how bout we don't go with the whole getting arrested bullshit again, thanks.
    We can't have everything go our way can we?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    All these pills suck.
    I was going to make more options but things happen.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    It's rather interesting to make new characters, and not difficult. God knows why Blizzard's been kind of lackluster lately but I have faith.A

And that being said, the Horde characters are of a "mob mentality" so it's got to be a little easier to make some new people.

Blizzard seems to be afraid to just try to introduce brand new characters from within the Horde and throwing them in the spotlight.\

The reason being, is that people will complain about old characters not getting enough time, so we have one answer. Finish their arcs! Or just make them present in small ways. Most people will be happy with even one or two lines a patch from their favorite leader.
    Continuously shoehorning in new characters to lead is gonna get real tired very fast. Thare are a few chars left who could lead the Horde decently, most people want Saurfang. His reign is going to be short-ish either way you slice it given his age, but I think it's still the best way to go.

Anduin is pretty much cemented into leadership for aaaages, being the young wippersnapper that he is... Alliance feels very stagnant, Horde is a revolving door soon, if it keeps this up with changing leaders constantly. A council would soon be better of anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Continuously shoehorning in new characters to lead is gonna get real tired very fast.
    Why do you feel this?

The idea that they have to be "showhorn"ed in isn't the definite possibility with that outcome. If we're honest, it's projecting negativity into a really awesome potential development.

Let's take, Rohkan for example. He's become the second most well known Darkspear (save Sen'jin), so most people have this idea that he must end up leading them, and sure enough Blizzard saw this and implemented it into the Embassies.

Now, I personally don't see why it would be tiring if they lets say; made another new Troll character from within the Darkspear, that ends up with even more relevance and story than Rokhan,
    Or another option is to start giving Rohkan a voice, one that matters and changes the story. Even give him a more special outfit, or something signature.

If we can stop thinking all new characters are forced, and realize that the progression of story at the magnitude of Warcraft has been doing that, and relies on that process heavily, than there's nothing to be worried about.

Elon Musk wasn't shoehorned into the world narrative, but 10 years ago, was he a world famous Engineer? He stepped into the spotlight, as people do in real-life. And it only makes sense we get some reflection of our lives and how quickly somebody can enter the narrative and create big change.

I am still curious as to why you feel it would be shoehorned, don't take my wall of text here as a "HERES MY OPINION THATS BETTER" please do share.

I said red mostly because I think the Horde works best with Orcs at the top but thats just a personal opinion and not based on much. Also it goes along with never ending faction war which I feel is going to be the case. As much as it really is a nothing burger they seem to like to print the words at lot. So I am sure they will continue to say them. Odds are higher we just play musical chairs with cities for a few expansions since that seems to be the new way of selling the whole faction war thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    I actually like the Musical Chairs.

In Warcraft, unpredictability is hard to come by, and swapping leaders often on one side does allow for more.
    Yeah. What a lot of people overlook is that Thrall's long, stable reign was the exception to the rule for Warchiefs. Blackhand ruled in the First War, assassinated. Doomhammer ruled in the Second War, defeated and went into hiding, then killed in battle. Garrosh, ruled for ~5 years, went mad, was overthrown, later killed. Vol'jin, ruled for ~3 years, mortally wounded in battle.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I'll take the glitter filled pill. The Moonkin finish their millenia long preparation, reveal that the Blue Child's NO MOON and "resolve" the faction war permanently, then set off to bring joy and the way of Elune to the rest of the multiverse.

Yeah truly a sublime effort. I don't even pick sides but that's just terrible for the Horde.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I take my own green pill to get Vol'jin back, Sylvanas goes back to leading the Forsaken and Varok rejoins. The faction war goes on for a time as a result of N'zoth meddling, but he gets defeated and we turn our eyes to other threats and work together again.

Orange Pill, Sylvanaas steps down and is succeeded by Baine. Baine's sheer charisma and fancy hat causes the faction war to end forever.

Gray Pill, the citizens of Azeroth are so awestruck by the burning of Teldrassil (and delirious from smoke inhalation) that they proclaim Basic Campfire to have ascended to godhood and taken its rightful place as leader of the alliance and horde. Faction war ends and everyone has s'mores.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-03-17 at 11:10 PM.

Where is the "Alternate universe Varian bombs Sylvanas with spaceships and becomes the new Warchief, then executes Anduin for a false crime and unites the multiverse" pill?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Red pill because this is a videogame and not real life
    Not married to the frequent musical chairs part
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Where is the "Alternate universe Varian bombs Sylvanas with spaceships and becomes the new Warchief, then executes Anduin for a false crime and unites the multiverse" pill?
    Its actually a suppository.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I hate Theramore threads.
    10/charforfucksake
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

as much as i despise sylvanas, i hate the faction war more.

so i'd have to take the blue pill.

I don’t care the color of the pill, but whatever color this represents is what I want:

Through BFA a new Orc or established orc, Thura, she exists, but is essentially a blank slate, ingratiated herself to the many peoples and leaders of the Horde, the Horde is loosing, and she manages to rally the Horde. Saurfang does or doesn’t die, and Sylvanas is captured and put in chains for 3-5 expacs. Saurfang is old and tried retiring after Wrath, Thura (or new person) reluctantly takes on Warchief title, being young in game and lore is the Warchief for a long time. That way the character can grow and change and since it’s an orc will,always have that true Horde feels.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    Many people don't realize that we are in World of WARcraft, no World of PEACEcraft or World of HUGcraft. I want the option with chaos and devastation. That's a lot more fun that two honourable and peaceful faction leaders, with just a world ending threat as the remain enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnwho View Post
    Many people don't realize that we are in World of WARcraft, no World of PEACEcraft or World of HUGcraft. I want the option with chaos and devastation. That's a lot more fun that two honourable and peaceful faction leaders, with just a world ending threat as the remain enemy.
    Or perhaps we can move past the dumb faction conflict that has been done to death, and instead bring war in a different way.
    Honestly, this whole "Durrr it's WAAAARcraft" shit has been hurting the lore and world so much at this point. Faction war should have ended after Wc3.

I reject your choices and choose my own path.

Specifically, what I want to see is Sylvanas stepping down of her own accord, perhaps with insistence on the other leaders -- including Vol'jin. In a perfect world, Vol'jin will come back from the dead and become warchief once more, you know... "Darkspear never die". But that's bordering on fan fiction. Sylvanas is not going to stay warchief, because she doesn't feel 'Horde'. That said, I'm glad she had her moment, strange as it has been. The story has tremendous potential to grow from this.

Voodoo Pill - Vol'jin comes back as a loa or undead something, Sylvanas steps down to focus on looking after the forsaken.