Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Post Australia considers fast-track visas for white South African farmers

White South African farmers “deserve special attention” from Australia due to the “horrific circumstances” of land seizures and violence, Peter Dutton has said.

The home affairs minister told the Daily Telegraph on Wednesday his department was examining a range of methods to fast-track their path to Australia on humanitarian or other visa programs.

South Africa’s new president, Cyril Ramaphosa, is pursuing legal changes to allow appropriation of farmlands without compensation for redistribution to black South Africans.

The policy has led to reports, including in the Australian media, that white farmers are being murdered at a rate of more than one per week.

“If you look at the footage and read the stories, you hear the accounts, it’s a horrific circumstance they face,” Dutton said.

The home affairs minister noted Australia has refugee, humanitarian and other visa programs which have the “potential to help some of these people”. He said he had asked his department to look at the options “because from what I have seen they do do need help from a civilised country like ours”.

“The people we’re talking about want to work hard, they want to contribute to a country like Australia,” Dutton said.

“We want people who want to come here, abide by our laws, integrate into our society, work hard, not lead a life on welfare. And I think these people deserve special attention and we’re certainly applying that special attention now.”

Dutton suggested options included the in-country persecution visa category, and to bring them to Australia on humanitarian visas via referrals from others in Australia.

He said the home affairs department was looking at ways to help “some of these horrific cases” and suggested an announcement could be made shortly.

Asked if this could be achieved with the South African government’s cooperation, Dutton replied Australia “can work with governments all around the world”.
    (source)

Not sure if Australia will do it or not, though there is a large contingent of former South African living in Australia with ties to the country through family to lobby for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Our immigration minister is an open racist.

Source: People like Torto love him.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2018-03-17 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    It is in vogue here as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    I understand he isn't part of the Labour party, but is it right to call him racist? Can you cite some kind of source for this?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I understand he isn't part of the Labour party, but is it right to call him racist? Can you cite some kind of source for this?
    He was only a month or so ago flaming tensions about black african immigrants being part of a huge crime wave in melbourne, while there was truth to the message he lied about the crime stats nationally to fan racial tensions.

Also, he's happy to lock up other immigrants with no set release date but here he is happy to have some white farmers jump the queue, queue jumpers have been one of his main complaints against other refugees.

Also, while not blatantly racist, more an example of character, it was Dutton and our Ex-Pm Abbott who were caught on mic laughing and joking about islander nations being wiped out by rising seas levels, during a trip to talk about climate change.

Also, while he always dog whistles to racists, he never actually follows through with any of it. He talks about Australian jobs being taken and yet under his government we've seen an increase in the allowed 457 visas. This visa's allow companies to import labour from overseas and he made a token gesture to remove some industries. Like hairdressing, which never actually used the program.

And don't you dare think i'm a labour supporter.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2018-03-17 at 02:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    He was only a month or so ago flaming tensions about black african immigrants being part of a huge crime wave in melbourne, while there was truth to the message he lied about the crime stats nationally to fan racial tensions.

Also, he's happy to lock up other immigrants with no set release date but here he is happy to have some white farmers jump the queue, queue jumpers have been one of his main complaints against other refugees.

Also, while not blatantly racist, more an example of character, it was Dutton and our Ex-Pm Abbott who were caught on mic laughing and joking about islander nations being wiped out by rising seas levels, during a trip to talk about climate change.

And don't you dare think i'm a labour supporter.
    I can't even find the term racist or racism on his Wiki.

More over I am curious why this specific policy would be proof of racism?

I gave you an answer. Here he uses their possible death as the reason why they must be taken in now, while that reason has never mattered for any other refugee. In fact Dutton downplays the safety concerns when it comes to other refugees, to the point where he incorrectly terms them economic immigrants at every turn.

They're white, so Dutton automatically assumes they'll fit in with our culture and he brags about the economic benefit they'd bring. Previously he's ignored the data that shows our immigration program ends up being a net positive.

See his dog whistle about not be on welfare, suggesting current ones do end up on welfare, as previously mentioned the data does not support this.

Ignore him, he sounds like a Greens voter.

On topic, the South African white farmers are a perfect fit for Australia. Not just because they speak English and they would integrate instantaneously, but as farmers they would find work immediately. In fact all they would need to a loan and some arable land and they would begin producing immediately. South Africa's loss will be Australia's gain.

It's interesting to see South Africa has learned nothing from Zimbabwe, they will become a third world basket case within a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Ignore him, he sounds like a Greens voter.

On topic, the South African white farmers are a perfect fit for Australia. Not just because they speak English and they would integrate instantaneously, but as farmers they would find work immediately. In fact all they would need to a loan and some arable land and they would begin producing immediately. South Africa's loss will be Australia's gain.

It's interesting to see South Africa has learned nothing from Zimbabwe, they will become a third world basket case within a decade.
    Hey look, someone who hates labels jumps into a thread to label someone.

Isn't that what the right hate? I see them hate getting labelled nazi's but it seems you actually have no issue with the labelling, just the labelling that occurs to you. What a surprise, a conservative is also a hypocrite.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2018-03-17 at 02:37 AM.

I gave you an answer. Here he uses their possible death as the reason why they must be taken in now, while that reason has never mattered for any other refugee. In fact Dutton downplays the safety concerns when it comes to other refugees, to the point where he incorrectly terms them economic immigrants at every turn.

They're white, so Dutton automatically assumes they'll fit in with our culture and he brags about the economic benefit they'd bring. Previously he's ignored the data that shows our immigration program ends up being a net positive.

See his dog whistle about not be on welfare, suggesting current ones do end up on welfare, as previously mentioned the data does not support this.
    Nothing but slander and lies.

Dutton used the same argument to save thousands of Yitzhar Syrian refugees, he is only racist in your warped imagination. He makes the point that the white farmers are being murdered and facing persecution. We can offer immediate help because they won't be a welfare burden and we need more farmers.

Just to clarify, US Liberals is very different to AUS Liberals. Opposite sides of the political spectrum.

Dutton used the same argument to save thousands of Yitzhar Syrian refugees, he is only racist in your warped imagination. He makes the point that the white farmers are being murdered and facing persecution. We can offer immediate help because they won't be a welfare burden and we need more farmers.
    Slander and lies? Coming from the person that labeled me a green?

Hypocrisy, you really do just own it don't you?

Dutton is pretty disgusting. Just search news articles about him and you'll reach a pretty quick conclusion to the sort of person he is.

The funny part about this is the South African farmers have openly said they don't want to come here, just as the cherry on top of this blatant attempt at misdirecting the conversation about how this country treats refugees horribly.
    http://www.news.com.au/finance/econo...e961efa58242be
    Last edited by Nalorakk; 2018-03-17 at 02:45 AM.

The fact you support him kinda proves my point tho, at least to everyone on these boards, your own history of lying is proof enough of that.

Fun fact (because clickbait titles will get the wrong impression)..

Australia is going to look at their refugee claims on a case by case basis - the same way they look at all refugee claims for those in fear of their lives.

i.e. NOTHING has changed.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account

Possible? They get killed pretty damn frequently and its rather ghoulish murders. Moreover, they are murders based on race.

Doesn't Australia have a huge problem with boat people seeking asylum and being denied it? Why is this crisis more deserving than others?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Just to clarify, US Liberals is very different to AUS Liberals. Opposite sides of the political spectrum.
    I'm aware he is right-wing and conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Yes, the Australian Liberals are the more classic liberals who believe in individualism, capitalism and free speech. They are opposite to the US liberals who are progressive left. Australian Liberals are not as far right as Republicans, they are closer to the UK Tories. Sadly, the current leader Turnball is a progressive and he is trying to drag the party left.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fun fact (because clickbait titles will get the wrong impression)..

Australia is going to look at their refugee claims on a case by case basis - the same way they look at all refugee claims for those in fear of their lives.

i.e. NOTHING has changed.
    If by "look at on a case by case basis", you mean "throw the claims in the bin and lock them up on an off-shore detention centre for years without making any effort to help them", sure.