View Poll Results: Do you support Blizzard selling Boosts in Classic?

Voters
171. This poll is closed
  • I support sale of Level 60 Boosts immediately upon release

15 8.77%
  • I support sale of Level 60 Boosts AFTER ONE YEAR.

3 1.75%
  • I support sale of Level 55 Boosts immediately upon release

2 1.17%
  • I support sale of Level 60 Boosts AFTER ONE YEAR

2 1.17%
  • I oppose boost sales and do not believe Blizzard will offer them if there is sufficient opposition.

125 73.10%
  • I oppose boost sales but feel Blizzard will sell them no matter how unpopular they are.

24 14.04%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Would rather not have it. Likely would lead to a majority of the target audience rolling on PRs again instead of on Blizzard realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have already said they want to recreate the experience as it was at the time... That automatically means this will not happen.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Having a 60 Warlock should not entitle you to boost a 60 Warrior alt. People are forgetting that each class had quests at different leveling points for pets, stances, etc. You're asking Blizz to by-pass all of this simply because "I already have a 60 character on this account."

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    They have already said they want to recreate the experience as it was at the time... That automatically means this will not happen.
    Exactly. I feel this is more a question designed to pull a reaction out of people rather than to actually start a discussion. Just to be honest and give you my perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kichigaijin View Post
    Having a 60 Warlock should not entitle you to boost a 60 Warrior alt. People are forgetting that each class had quests at different leveling points for pets, stances, etc. You're asking Blizz to by-pass all of this simply because "I already have a 60 character on this account."
    Yup, the journey in vanilla is more of the game. Less 100% end game grind. That grind does exist but it isn't the soul focus of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Isn't the point of classic that levelling is actually a significant part of the game?
    For the plebs yes. The significant part was the farming of gold and materials.

- - - Updated - - -

But let us be real for a bit....

How often did blizz said they would or would not do something and did the opposite?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    But let us be real for a bit....

How often did blizz said they would or would not do something and did the opposite?
    No mentioning PVE to PVP realm transfers please.

as for an earlier question on what the motivation of the poll is - I am curious to see how it breaks down. Most answers will obviously be in the last 2 categories, but I am honestly surprised the last answer is so low. I would think any value-added service that is available on retail is going to end up on classic after some waiting period, and instant-60 or whatever is no exception, no matter how unpopular it is - there are still people that WILL buy it, including people currently opposed to it.

- - - Updated - - -

they have been very, very specific about wanting to recreate the 'classic game experience,' not recreate classic.

consider this quote - it opens the door wide open to any change the community wants (or blizzard says the community wants).

These decisions will really be made by the kind of discussions we see here, so... if folks want a true 1:1 Vanilla experience, then we want to see the discussion of that. If people think there should be changes here or there, then we'll want to see that too.

The community will truly be what shapes the direction of Classic as we move forward, together.

Ornyx may even be understating here, because so much is still up in the air. Even the discussions we've had as a Community team every day since we knew it was coming have been around the numerous QoL changes, class changes, content changes, and each of us has a diffe
    rent opinion on what Classic "should be" because to each of us Vanilla WoW was obviously different.
    the last paragraph especially should open eyes of anything who thinks blizzard's view is 'classic means classic' in any sort of literal sense.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    No mentioning PVE to PVP realm transfers please.

as for an earlier question on what the motivation of the poll is - I am curious to see how it breaks down. Most answers will obviously be in the last 2 categories, but I am honestly surprised the last answer is so low. I would think any value-added service that is available on retail is going to end up on classic after some waiting period, and instant-60 or whatever is no exception, no matter how unpopular it is - there are still people that WILL buy it, including people currently opposed to it.

- - - Updated - - -

they have been very, very specific about wanting to recreate the 'classic game experience,' not recreate classic.

consider this quote - it opens the door wide open to any change the community wants (or blizzard says the community wants).
    And they later went on to specify that when they said "QoL changes, class changes, content changes" , they meant ones that happened within vanilla's patch cycle. Meaning things like: "should X class be how it was in 2004, or should it be as it was in 1.12.1, or anywhere in between?" or "should Blackrock Spire be a 10 man or 15 man dungeon?" etc. Not new shit.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-03-18 at 03:28 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Of course! How else will these people with jobs, children, and other hobbies experience classic wow?

level boosts became a thing because leveling ceased to be actual content

whereas it was actual content in vanilla

7+ Year Old Account
    Definitely "no boost, Blizz keep away from that."

Doesn't jive well with the overall take on Classic.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    And they later went on to specify that when they said "QoL changes, class changes, content changes" , they meant ones that happened within vanilla's patch cycle. Meaning things like: "should X class be how it was in 2004, or should it be as it was in 1.12.1, or anywhere in between?" or "should Blackrock Spire be a 10 man or 15 man dungeon?" etc. Not new shit.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9242036?page=9

2nd post on page 9 is the bit about 1:1. to me this is quite clear. the question he was responding to was

Thank you for clarifying.

In my opinion this leaves the entire design aspect of this server now open ended. Just me, but I think it'd be far more productive to first determine what the design goal of this server really is. Is it supposed to be as much of a 1:1 emulation of the old experience as possible? If so, then these discussions are just setting up some false expectations.
    that isn't what you are saying, though if you can slog through that thread and find what you say I will certainly read it.

more generally, stuff like '10 or 15m UBRS' is a siren song distraction. let true believers spend hours of forum time sorting that out while the real issues sneak by. In the big picture, 10 or 15m ubrs is absolutely trivial compared to
    1) preservation of fairly open quest structure and themes. Do you think there aren't blues that KNOW they could do a better job with linear questing and some overarching story?
    2) preservation of player/mob power ratios outdoors - compare to leveling retail today.
    3) preservation of dungeon tuning/population (how much trash) - you know blizz likes to keep most dungeon runs short. 2 hours for average run in many instances is far beyond their target metrics today.
    4) preservation of similar time/level
    5) preservation of old talent system, spell system, attain level for abilities
    6) preservation of various 'flavor' hindrances/requirements - including but not limited to soul shards, hunter ammo quivers, pet loyalty/skill/feeding/can run away if not fed long enough(we know that is gone right), reagents
    7) preservation of a single difficulty level in all content (I think this is a no-brainer for them to axe, everyone has to see every part of an activision game now)
    7) more I have forgotten.

better to have folks disputing fine details of 1.1 or 1.12 or how many players in a ubrs raid than talk about any of the above.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2018-03-18 at 04:09 AM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

As much as i hope they wont do that, i think the suits will fuck this up.

5 'yes' options and 1 'no' option, you're really trying to split that 'no' vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alabaster jones View Post
    5 'yes' options and 1 'no' option, you're really trying to split that 'no' vote.

based on the poll question, there are 2 'no' options. the choice there is whether you think blizzard does it anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    LOL hahahahahahaha what a ridiculous idea.

I don't see the point of buying a boost, I don't think it really matters if you boost though, its ancient content

lol

months go by, yet people are able to create the most asinine threads about topics that were already beaten to death, every couple of days. never change, MMO-C! Gotta increase that post count with shit-stirring issues!

What's next? "Hey guys, what do you think about allowing flying in vanilla?" or another attempt at a wow-token in classic thread?

Also, what a absolutely ridiculous poll. Make it a Yes\No for actually relevant results, not that absurdity.

Voted yes, because raiding > 3 months of gameplay just to be ready to start playing the game lol

5+ Year Old Account
    absolutely not!
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis