Newb in need of assistance.

Hi Im was wondering what the most supportive classes in this game are? I usually play healer and I am looking to stay within that range of healing of buffing in this game its kind of my thing so if anyone could help me that would be awesome. Thanks guys.

The most supportive is Ranger with elite spec Druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    It all depends on what you want to focus on, if you love pve then warrior is a good choice for might stacking and bannering, druid is overall good for healing and also might stacking really well, ele can be a good healer too.

If WvW is what you like then Ele is a really good healer - Scourge is a really good barrier generator, boon cleanser and disruptor - Warrior is a really good disruptor - Guardian is amazing at healing atm and being overall suppport class.

I'd say this game "support style" is more of what can you bring to the table whilst doing damage or healing, its not really all that "passive"
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

10+ Year Old Account
    (Insert cliche every class can play support)

In open world pve just about any class can run a support build and be a help to their buddies. From the thief thats sharing venoms to the guardian throwing out boons left and right.

End game PvE you main support class is druid (ranger) followed by chronomancers and warriors. Other classes can support, you might see a healing tempests (elementalists) in the odd fractal, a stubborn herald (revanant) in a raid but there isnt much deviation.

In Pvp/WvW you see a lot more variation.

Support in GW2 is defined kind of like supports are in a MOBA. All healers are supports, not all supports are healers - some buff, some debuff, etc.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    If you prefer healing from long range, than Staff Elementalist is a class for you: healing/buffing/debuffing long range spec. Mace/x + Staff Guardian can also be played as very good healing/support class but you need to stay in a melee range or close to melee range. Then you have Druid (Ranger elite spec) the strongest healing spec in the game but it seems so weird to play a healer with a pet imo.
    You can play any class as support, if you own both expacs, but if you prefer healing choose between Elementalist, Guardian or Ranger Druid. Keep in mind that Ranger only has one support build, while you have more space to set your skills as Elementalist and Guardian. Also healing in GW2 is not that strong as healing in other MMO's such as WoW.
    Just avoid Thief, Mesmer and Warrior (no group healing but some really good buffs).
    Last edited by mmoc4f70414cfa; 2018-03-25 at 09:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wot, warrior is amazing at buffing, it's meta on fotm and raids for at least the banners, its dps is quite good as a direct dmg spec and a condi dmg spec, it does both really well, for mesmers you got high condi with mirage and they are also essential for raiding and fractals... fuck even berserker chrono has some good dmg as a secondary chrono in raids.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    The most supportive is Ranger with elite spec Druid.
    This is a great choice. Personally, I really love some of the Engi support builds. I love the complexity and the gadgets.

Might be because I came from playing a Shaman in WoW, but I love the fact that the toolkit is just plain massive

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep you wanna be druid. If you send me your acc info I'll send you some gold & equip you.

You basically want to remain dps geared but you can go more support if you want.