Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Han Solo begs to differ.
    Han best count his lucky stars that Blizzard is not writing for him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Except the for the fact that from the very moment he arrived in Durotar he became aggressive to Thrall, constantly insulting and undermining him, right up until he outright challenges Thrall to a fight to the death and tries to take over the Horde.
    He challenges Thrall because Thrall insulted his father Grom and for Thrall being so passive about fighting the Scourge. Garrosh had no interest for leadership at all, it's Thrall who tried to train Garrosh and forced Garrosh to become Warchief. Never forget.

But I do wonder if they retcon that too with Chronicles. Changing it into making it look like Garrosh begging Thrall for Warchief position, that would make everything so obvious.

I really don't hope they whitewash Thrall's failure and blaming Garrosh for everything. As Garrosh has CLEARLY had some good sides, even in post-MoP like where he spared Anduin Wrynn from death out of honour.

Quote Originally Posted by True Horde View Post
    I really don't hope they whitewash Thrall's failure and blaming Garrosh for everything. As Garrosh has CLEARLY had some good sides, even in post-MoP like where he spared Anduin Wrynn from death out of honour.
    I must have missed that part. Was that before or after he broke every bone in Anduin's body for stopping his plan to forcibly infuse the Sha into his own people and turning them into insane murder-beasts?

7+ Year Old Account
    I was with Garrosh until he started turning on anyone that wasn't a orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    he was a jerk and aggressive to the alliance, not to the horde members, he never had problems with horde races if they show they are worth, people love to ignore wrath and cataclysm
    So the fact that the trolls got shunted into their own section (just past the goblin slums with the oiled water) at the outskirts of Orgrimmar, the tauren kept over in the Valley of Wisdom, and the elves and undead basically kept out, means he wasn't racist towards the non-orcs. This happened at the beginning of Cataclysm, when they redid Orgrimmar and the entire world. If you weren't an orc, you were garbage and didn't belong. He would have removed everyone but orcs from his horde if not for gameplay reasons. Which he ended up doing anyway, with the whole Iron Horde thing with Draenor.

Garrosh has always been a warmongering asshole, ever since Thrall told him about his daddy and what the Horde used to be before the 3rd war. He wanted to be just like daddy, a hero of the Horde. But ended up being just like daddy, but no hero.

The more they rewrite Garrosh making him "evil the entire time" the worse it makes Thrall look who made Garrosh Warchief after being told he wasn't ready and didn't want it. I'd very much like to bury Thrall but I'm sure he'll stick around at least until his son is old enough to become Warchief. As Warchief Durak will mount Anduin's griffon, hands wrapped tightly around Anduin's waste, and they'll ride together leading the combined might of the Horde and Alliance against whatever universe ending threat Blizzard thinks up...probably some secret Hellscream/Arthas/old god/titan/Nazi/protoss/murloc/ hybrid that just ends up being a dreadlord in disguise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    So the fact that the trolls got shunted into their own section (just past the goblin slums with the oiled water) at the outskirts of Orgrimmar,
    it was vol'jin fault when he threatened to kill the warchief
    the tauren kept over in the Valley of Wisdom, and the elves and undead basically kept out,
    what? it was always like that
    means he wasn't racist towards the non-orcs

go see his throne room when he was warchief, and tell me if everyone there was an orc

If you weren't an orc, you were garbage and didn't belong.
    [citation needed]

He would have removed everyone but orcs from his horde if not for gameplay reasons.
    [citation needed]

Which he ended up doing anyway, with the whole Iron Horde thing with Draenor.
    if you ignore goblins then yeah

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    forcibly infuse the Sha into his own people
    forcibly
    None of the soldiers there refused. Ishi's last words were regret to have failed his Warchief. And the later use of Sha energy in SoO shows the orcs knew what they were signing up for and accepted it for the horde. Meanwhile the blood elves were crying their eyes out some of them died getting a powerful artifact that could turn the tide of the war. That whole storyline shows exactly why Garrosh was frustrated. No one was fully commited to the horde except the orcs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Because he always was supposed to be villain? Jesus even Blizzard told you so and Stonetalon Mountains was fuck up on cooperation among writers. Garrosh was idiot, racist and fcking emo with daddy issues.

Chronicles just clear up the mess.
    Just remember, even if the creators of something tells avid fanboys their intensions and where they actually went wrong in their decision making (thats what they say was a mistake, not what the fans call a mistake), it won't change the minds of said avid fanboys that their ingame wyfu is perfect and everyone else is wrong.

Garrosh is someones god, and he's perfect and flawless and blameless and has never done anything evil ever ever ever. The church of garrosh still printing scripture and taking money from hapless drones.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I must have missed that part. Was that before or after he broke every bone in Anduin's body for stopping his plan to forcibly infuse the Sha into his own people and turning them into insane murder-beasts?
    It was after Anduin's bone got shattered by Garrosh in MoP.

This was when Garrosh was in jail, and Sylvanas planned to kill Garrosh by putting unknowingly poison in Garrosh food.

Anduin heard about it and saved Garrosh by slapping Garrosh food from his hands through the cage. Garrosh in response grabbed Anduin's arm and before he would snap Anduin's arm he realised that Anduin actually saved his life and so letted him go.

Garrosh is not always a racist or jerk.... this is a proof. Anduin believed that Garrosh could become a good guy and in the end he was the only human that managed to earn Garrosh trust.

because Garrosh was a villain and a the entire tool belt since Wrath dropped and all the fan kids didn't see this clear and present writing at that time so banded together to call out long and hard that "he's just misunderstood! he's really kewl you guys!" when he never was and never was supposed to be. he was a dickrobin basically from jump. hell the only reason he wasn't an active villain in TBC is because he was busy with depression.

he never was heroic ever, the writing has always always been there. they aren't ruining shit they are just fleshing out so people stop trying to redeem a character never intended to be redeemed
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Atleast Varian had reasons be jerk and ass to Horde and orcs. Garrosh used his daddy issues.
    I completely agree. I disliked Wyrnn at first, andt he certainly redeemed himself in my eyes. (I play predominately Horde, he was the leader of my opposing faction.) :P

Because he always was supposed to be villain? Jesus even Blizzard told you so and Stonetalon Mountains was fuck up on cooperation among writers. Garrosh was idiot, racist and fcking emo with daddy issues.

Chronicles just clear up the mess.
    he was not, then he become, thats why
    regardless he was never racist, and never judge anyone by race, but by his values and commitment with the horde

yes but again he was not a jerk to the horde and not a racist, even Garrosh knew was a bad idea to put him as warchief but thrall did it anyway. only in MOP they start to build Garrosh-Hitler.
    it was vol'jin fault when he threatened to kill the warchief

what? it was always like that

go see his throne room when he was warchief, and tell me if everyone there was an orc

[citation needed]

[citation needed]

if you ignore goblins then yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    because Garrosh was a villain and a the entire tool belt since Wrath dropped and all the fan kids didn't see this clear and present writing at that time so banded together to call out long and hard that "he's just misunderstood! he's really kewl you guys!" when he never was and never was supposed to be. he was a dickrobin basically from jump. hell the only reason he wasn't an active villain in TBC is because he was busy with depression.

he never was heroic ever, the writing has always always been there. they aren't ruining shit they are just fleshing out so people stop trying to redeem a character never intended to be redeemed
    So much this, Garry was a racist orc supremist dick from the first time we saw him as an adult and he coloured the entire orcish part of the Horde. If you want to see it and want proof go play through Borean\Dragonblight\Grizzly Hills there are multiple examples of Garry personally being a shitheels and multiple examples of 'his' Horde Leadership also being overly prideful about orcish honour, to the point of racism.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    So much this, Garry was a racist orc supremist dick from the first time we saw him as an adult

you know this is not true right?

Quote Originally Posted by True Horde View Post
    Huh? Whitewash? All Thrall did was put someone who wasn't worthy of being Warchief into the position.

Garrosh did this shit of his own accord. Just stop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Huh? Whitewash? All Thrall did was put someone who wasn't worthy of being Warchief into the position.

Garrosh did this shit of his own accord. Just stop.
    It's not even about that, Thrall refused to revert his choice with Garrosh. Even when Vol'jin wanted to leave the Horde, even when Cairne died, even with Jaina was crying about Theramore. Thrall said: "No, Garrosh is fine, just wait."

Meanwhile Garrosh kept doing what he always promised to do even under Thrall's wing: "Attack the Alliance and insult/threaten anyone who opposed the Horde."

Thrall is the biggest subtle jerk in WoW, he knew Garrosh better than anyone in the Horde. I would feel sad if they just whitewash Thrall/Cairne and blame everything on Garrosh.

He has always been like that. Thinking you can just invade and butcher others for your own sake, praise for conquest, daddy issues or whatever it might be, whenever it's convenient and justifying it with some "macho man behavior" hardly makes you into anything besides a psychopath.

The poor writting during Cata doesn't make him any less of that.

Because they don't want acknowledge how they ruined and fuck up the character, so they are building to make him look bad even from the start, so they point on "see guys? we didn't screw him! he was bad all along!"

they are tying to make the horde look like bad guys in chronicle 3 with those retcons and i don't know why
    lol

"Trying"? Yea, because the Horde actions were so justified and noble. The evil Alliance totally deserved all of it for just, y'know, being there and having stuff the Horde wanted.

Garrosh wasn't that great since the very beginning. In Outlands, he was all depressed and without much of a reason to live. Later on, he gets motivated, but only over the memory of his father, who might had had a meaningful death but his life was nothing more than the life of a warmongering prick. All Garrosh had was that memory, that standard to live by. The more time passed, the more obvious his attitude gave it away, and once he got power, it became too obvious to deny. Being a Warchief was nothing more than conquest and trying to be worthy of his father legacy, all he did was invade, butcher and start unnecessary conflicts wherever he could.

Something might've been changed in the lore but overall Garrosh has always been nothing more than that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiria View Post

"Trying"? Yea, because the Horde actions were so justified and noble. The evil Alliance totally deserved all of it for just, y'know, being there and having stuff the Horde wanted.
    i care less about the alliance, he could nuke the entire south of the eastern kingdoms, the factions should hate and try to kill each other, the point is not what he did towards the alliance, but towards the horde

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    You're either lawful good or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain.
    Garrosh was the hero we needed, but not the one we deserved.

And he wasn't wearing hockey pads.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    You're either lawful good or you live long enough to see yourself become a villain.
    In Garrosh's case, even AFTER he died, his past changes to be more of a villain!