Minecraft Realms

I have never played Minecraft, but lately my daughter has been asking me to buy it. As far as Realms goes, does each person playing on the realm have to own their own copy of Minecraft, or just the person who owns/subscribes to the realm?

Edit: Also which edition would be best to buy? Most of the playing would be from PC.
    Last edited by Strand NE; 2018-03-18 at 06:43 PM.
    CPU: Intel i9-10850k 5.2GHz | MOBO: ASUS RoG Strix Z590-E
    GPU: ASUS Strix RoG OC 1080ti | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 64GB
    SSD: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TBx3 | HDD: WD 1TB Black WD 2TB Blue
    PSU: Corsair HX 1200i Platinum | CASE: Lian Li 011 EVO
    DISPLAY: Triple 27" Monitors | ASUS Swift ROG PG2780 27" 1440p - 2x BenQ 27" IPS 1440p

Deleted
    each person playing on the realm has to have their own copy of Minecraft.

I figured. Thanks for the reply.
    CPU: Intel i9-10850k 5.2GHz | MOBO: ASUS RoG Strix Z590-E
    GPU: ASUS Strix RoG OC 1080ti | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 64GB
    SSD: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TBx3 | HDD: WD 1TB Black WD 2TB Blue
    PSU: Corsair HX 1200i Platinum | CASE: Lian Li 011 EVO
    DISPLAY: Triple 27" Monitors | ASUS Swift ROG PG2780 27" 1440p - 2x BenQ 27" IPS 1440p

Deleted
    What about win 10? I have a copy of Minecraft installed on the system. I do not play sometime in games so I do not have an idea it will be working in a realm

Quote Originally Posted by luke2 View Post
    What about win 10? I have a copy of Minecraft installed on the system. I do not play sometime in games so I do not have an idea it will be working in a realm
    Minecraft on Windows 10 can play with players on XBOX so long as the game is installed on both machines and the players are friends on XBOX Live

Quote Originally Posted by Strand NE View Post
    Edit: Also which edition would be best to buy? Most of the playing would be from PC.
    its been about a year since ive played keep that in mind. windows 10 vs java edition for pc. both do mods but since java has been around longer it has a larger modding community. java plays only othe other java versions. windows 10 version can play with the console versions and the mobile versions. whatever price you end up paying for the game itself know that for java that will be it. you wont have to pay more for mods textures packs whatever on java. windows 10 has mtx fees for some of these things. as far as multiplayer goes read the link below. i own both java and windows 10 versions. i played in a large group of work friends. we ended up choosing the java version because we didnt like the subscription model for windows 10 realms. also something to consider is windows 10 multiplayer requires the xbox live service package to be installed (which it is by default) and operational. our workplace group policy settings remove all xbox live services and i do the same for my home hosts so this made multiplayer impossible on the windows 10 version.

https://minecraft.net/en-us/realms/faq/

We are glad to present you a new texture pack in resolution 16x16, it was made in style of cartoon, and its called as AkemiTexture Xmas. This pack has pretty good and clean details, which is adds the fresher look to the look of usual blocks. Please note that it is a Beta version of the texture pack, it means that you can find some blocks which were not retextured yet.