Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Undead to (presumably) get straight backs like Orcs (pic)

In Zuldazar, in the Royal Chambers, as well as seeing other members of the Horde, there's an Undead presence with an innkeeper. The Undead guards all over the place are standing with straight backs.

I presume this will be a character screen option / barber like with the Orcs?

It just a single animation. It doesn't mean anything.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    looks terrible Id never change my undead theyre perfect the way they are, if anything armor looks too good on them it should look more dilapidated

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    It just a single animation. It doesn't mean anything.
    There is animations in game for straight back UD males and UD females since the last (?) alpha build.

^Zazuu

Many players disagree with you. Not even on their stance, but armor in particular. It looks absolutely horrendous and in need of an update. Especially anything that isn't cloth.
    Last edited by mmoc7f5ec65a3d; 2018-03-19 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastje View Post
    There is animations in game for straight back UD males and UD females since the last (?) alpha build.

^Zazuu

Many players disagree with you. Not even on their stance, but armor in particular. It looks absolutely horrendous and in need of an update. Especially anything that isn't cloth.
    Male Forsaken look awful in anything Plate but Female look great in anything. Nightborne male however have to be the worst of any armor type wearer. They look abominable.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

It's an animation for standing at attention. There are a lot of animations like that for this game. Notice the hand holding onto their sword.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    It's an animation for standing at attention. There are a lot of animations like that for this game. Notice the hand holding onto their sword.
    Along with them being in game just after Blizzard gave the option to the Orcs, there are also new Forsaken run/walk animations exclusively for straight back UD. They wouldn't waste resources in animation not to use them. If they are being used, players will want it.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's an animation called WaWalk and Guard something

Trolls and Tauren have it as well
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    That's because they're for the Skinny Kul Tiran humans, who use the Forsaken skeleton. They straightened them out and modified animations for the humans model using the Forsaken skeleton.
    This I didn't know. I was sceptical about getting the thin KT variation overall, but it seems it's going to pull through with the larger models too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    looks terrible Id never change my undead theyre perfect the way they are, if anything armor looks too good on them it should look more dilapidated
    And I for one would love to have option for my undead to straighten up, along with option to get new gear without tears on the elbows and knees. Again, nothing forced but cosmetic options like missing jaw.
    Last edited by Zerel; 2018-03-19 at 11:22 AM.
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

I feel like Undead should never get straight, that's wrong

(But I wouldn't have any problem if they implemented this option ingame though)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I feel like Undead should never get straight, that's wrong

(But I wouldn't have any problem if they implemented this option ingame though)
    It's wrong how? Not all Forsaken are decade-old decomposed bodies, Sylvanas can make anyone that has fallen into one of her's whenever she wants. Also with the use of necromancy or some other death focused magic, you can preserve not only their posture but their skin too. (Nathanos Blightcaller).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nastje View Post
    It's wrong how? Not all Forsaken are decade-old decomposed bodies, Sylvanas can make anyone that has fallen into one of her's whenever she wants. Also with the use of necromancy or some other death focused magic, you can preserve not only their posture but their skin too. (Nathanos Blightcaller).
    It takes a lot of energy from a Val'kyr just to give someone a body like Nathanos.
    Sylvanas would never squander her resources like that, sepcially not for the common folk
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Most of the updated models (if not all of them) use the same skeleton, as it's easier to produce work that way and simply add animations unique to some races or scenery, rather to animate them all over again. However the stance provided specially in the screen-shot is used for guards who are standing at attention. You can pretty much see Zandalari guards standing like that near gates and so on.

I haven't done any research on this topic, but just writing out of what I've seen and witnessed so far - so I hope you don't bash my skull in with arguments on why I am wrong, because I'm not trying to be right and shove my opinion up someone's face here, just merely stating my two cents regarding the matter. And yeah, I'd personally love to see Undead standing straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Male Forsaken look awful in anything Plate but Female look great in anything. Nightborne male however have to be the worst of any armor type wearer. They look abominable.
    Agreed, I also like how female forsaken run while wearing a long cloak. It reminds me of Arthur from Ghouls n Ghosts running while he's wearing the golden armor.

Blood Elf guards have stood up straight since BC (think they are using the Night Elf model though) so I dont think just because some guards are standing up straight it will move to the playable models. However I would still like the option and personally I would like a straight backed Blood Elf too, I cant stand their terrible posture when they are supposed to be a regal race.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather get the intact flesh Undead the Chinese one has...
    Would be great for more customization...
    For the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    I really wish they'd let the female trolls have a hunch like the male ones :/ At least look like they're in the same species.
    You come get the voodoo.

Honestly, the upright back option should be available to all races with a hunch.

While I haven't entirely given up hope on a new Worgen model, i'd happily settle for a more upright stance.

5+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't be surprised if they gave the option to the players for the hell of it. I think the artists have always talked about wanting to change up idle animations and that type of stuff for flavour, looks like they're applying it to other races/NPCs to do just that.