Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    They are a nice addition - until ofc somebody starts shouting "mandatory class / profession needed for run"
    that is never a thing, the only time it happens is on weeks with stupidly bad affixes where groups want the 'best' specs in the game to make it a smooth a run as possible at higher key levels.

as to the OP, i love CoS, it is the first dungeon in a long time i could say i enjoy farming, i have over 500 clears in there alone over the course of the expansion on my main, it's a great place however the power gap in some of the perks is very real, if they were closer to each other in power it would be perfect but that aside i think it is a great template to take forward and use in future dungeons where it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    My random ideas for BfA dungeon class/prof specific mechanics:

1. Freehold (Pirate Den) - Rogue/JC can bribe the guards, allowing us to skip some trash.
    Apparently you can just wear a hat.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizz said, that they were using CoS as a big inspiration for the new dungeons, so i think even they like how the mechanisms worked out in the end.

Me? I fucking love it. The integration of the class/professions inside a real PVE combat scenario is really nice and having a new/changed experience depending on your roster, is really big fun factor.

I hope, that they will even expand on it, having extra routes open up for rogues with lockpick, having terrain change, having new mechanics open up based on and just in general, will let the players have a variating experience depending on the class of their teammates. It will atleast make people notice the classes and forget a little bit about the DPS/Healer/Tank mentality.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

CoS is amazing, one of my favorite dungeons. As a healer, it is challenging in a good way.
    The various buffs add to the atmosphere.

However, the RNG side of them can be criticized.

i hate CoS and Arcway and blizzard makes me go there every week to do quests for crafting my leggies and selling them on AH. i hope i dont see another CoS type dng anytime soon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    It is irrelevant as the fixed RP times are taking into account in setting the time limits
    Not quite.

The full timer is balanced with role-play in mind, but the 2/3 chest timers are just full timer -20/40%, so if a large chunk of a dungeon is roleplay it's harder to get multiple key upgrades, which is mostly noticable in CoS which is a short timer on it's own coupled with many events that can't be sped up.

Balancing this properly would mean setting up the full timer with no roleplay in mind and taking 20/40% off it for the 2/3 upgrades and then adding the the time it takes to do the unskippable content - so for CoS (assuming roleplay takes ~3 minutes) instead of 30:00 / 24:00 / 18:00, the timers would be 30:00 / 24:36 / 19:12.

Court of stars is cool, it has cool bosses and npc's but i hate some of the mechanics on first boss........... just as i get the slow he does that thing that 1 shots me

Quote Originally Posted by Jegger View Post
    Not quite.

The full timer is balanced with role-play in mind, but the 2/3 chest timers are just full timer -20/40%, so if a large chunk of a dungeon is roleplay it's harder to get multiple key upgrades, which is mostly noticable in CoS which is a short timer on it's own coupled with many events that can't be sped up.

Balancing this properly would mean setting up the full timer with no roleplay in mind and taking 20/40% off it for the 2/3 upgrades and then adding the the time it takes to do the unskippable content - so for CoS (assuming roleplay takes ~3 minutes) instead of 30:00 / 24:00 / 18:00, the timers would be 30:00 / 24:36 / 19:12.
    I didn't know that. You are right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a cool idea, and I like additions of things that promote using your professions and additional class mechanics that may otherwise go ignored. However, I had no idea these were a thing honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

those are fine provided that each time they are random, and every class have something to do, if those two things are not met it will make tryhards just search for specific class combo