Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's still "ugly" face options in many races.

Sadly the WoD revamp did reduce the variation for races like Female Human, eyes got closer to shape/size then the old ones.

Worgen female are like the weird exception that should have looked different to begin with.

I haven't touched a Worgen since they launched, and only might if they sufficiently change them in 8.1.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-19 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The female Worgen look as they do BECAUSE people screeched that the first pass was "too pretty".
    I think people wanted legitimately fiercer though, not "Chihuahua defending her couch". That being said you CAN make both fierce and feminine at the same time, Blizz just had a meltdown when presented with the challange and shat out our current female Worgen.

The furry panic didn't help either, but as clear by the Pandaren female and also possibly the Vulpera, they've long since learned not to listen to those criers.

Who cares, you just stare at their back anyway and they have armor on and you never see their faces or front.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I prefer cute girls, what a shocker. Or do you think it's weird not many female overwatch players play zarya or whatever her name is compared to mercy or dva?
    Do I play male characters that are attractive for their attractiveness? No, why would I? Why do you? Pretending that the character is you?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I am not sure of your point - are you advocating for troll females to be like that ugliness on the first screen? Because that's "authentic"???
    Yes they should look more authentic. They should look like dangerous trolls. Of course they can do better than the screenshot of the vanilla female troll lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Do I play male characters that are attractive for their attractiveness? No, why would I? Why do you? Pretending that the character is you?
    How many girls in wow have you met have played an orc compared to a blood elf? That really answers itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am okay with prettier looking females, but I would be in favour of an option for more fiercer or uglier looking females for some races.

I mean if female trolls looked like this I would play them in a heartbeat
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-03-19 at 03:54 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I hope you progressives on this post are also joining the "OMG Fat Kultirans" threads and being nasty to them for their 'body shaming' too. Or is it just against guys when that's ok?
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Yes they should look more authentic. They should look like dangerous trolls. Of course they can do better than the screenshot of the vanilla female troll lol
    OK, I have nothing against characters looking more authentic (in fact, I would welcome that), but I think the model from the first screen is no longer with us not because it was too authentic, but rather because it was damn ugly.

In general, I agree that Blizzard are making compromises to racial identity to make females prettier, and perhaps they could do females both prettier and more authentic, but I'd much rather have prettier than authentic-but-ugly.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I am okay with prettier looking females, but I would be in favour of an option for more fiercer or uglier looking females for some races.
    They had that in the old female human/dwarf, but now the variation is reduced drasticly since WoD...

Certainly wasn't a good translation from old to new face, and too much copy-paste eye shape makes them look way too similar.

Even Female Orc suffers from the same "cloned eyes" issue.
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-03-19 at 03:57 PM.

I mean if female trolls looked like this I would play them in a heartbeat
    They should let you pick what you want in the "customization" options. Isn't that what they are for? To make your character look the way you want it to? There should be ugly and cute options, fat , skinny and muscular options.

I like that troll, but I garuntee you some would complain about its "figure."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    They had that in the old female human/dwarf, but now the variation is reduced drasticly since WoD...

Certainly wasn't a good translation from old to new face, and too much copy-paste eye shape makes them look way too similar.
    I noticed this in the gnome faces when they reworked the old models... they removed the happy female gnome face
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I mean, they're not wrong. The majority tends to prefer things that are attractive. Why do you think transmog is such a huge hit in WoW, or glamour in FFXIV? People like to look good with their virtual avatars.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, and those people are the same, desperate trolls who screeched about Pandaren and are now screeching about Vulpera.
    im talking about who is attracted to/likes what for them to speak for themselves. But honestly beside from transmog, I could careless if my character is attractive like a Ken doll or a barbie doll. I rather have them look cool than just attractive. I don't go around and dress my character up in skimpy clothes. [Couldn't really anyways since I like guys and there's a lack of male skimp-mog]. I'm not a fan of the skimp mog anyways. Ruins the RPG element.

And besides none of the males look attractive in WoW and in OW there's barely any attractive males or shirtless skins in their game compared to the females' overly sexualized appearance.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2018-03-19 at 04:00 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    I’d rather play something pretty than authentic ( hence why, practically no one plays female tauren)

I would KILL for that Troll female. What the hell happened?! The Alpha ones look like they're from the Dark Crystal and the live Vanilla ones look like humans with bad horror B-movie makeup on.

This just in: Blizzard wants their work to actually be appreciated and properly played.

Granted, they hugely missed the mark on worgen, I'll give you that, but Blizzard themselves have mentioned their misstep there. Otherwise, I honestly really like the Kul Tiran females and the modern troll females more than an alternative with less sexual dimorphism. I would not personally play a Kul Tiran female if she was built like a refrigerator door, or a troll if she looked like a droopy male troll with boobs.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I noticed this in the gnome faces when they reworked the old models... they removed the happy female gnome face
    I used to play Gnome in Vanilla/TBC with the blue eyes and smile face (face 2), and now the new model those faces look much older or sad/tired due to the baggy eyes..

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly the underlying culprit is customisation. Original human female was the most fun (age from 20-64, looking innocent or sinister or cunning in the eyes... Even blood elves don't deliver on that.) I would love a version of WoW where u could make the character as brutal or graceful as you want... but it seems blizz picks a specific theme and goes with it.

I agree that if they put all of their fish into one barrel, some races would be more awesome. Fem Draenei and belfs aren't trying to be brutal, they're just doing sexy. Orc/troll are awkwardly trying to do both... and I wish they were cooler (in hair options or braiding or SOMETHING) because the only fun option for brutal races are males.

(It is also good to point out that ppl still roll lesser played races for animations... fem Tauren looks nice casting, and the gear works. I also play the game zoomed out all the way 90% of the time and still get to see my armour, where on the tiny races u just can't see shit. So I guess it's whatever rolls your boat.)

Are you serious lol, WoW has some of the weirdest and most gorilla-like character designs ever, basically only the elves and female draenei look decent and you still complain about making them looking too pretty lol, they acctualy should go a lot further into this direction to avoid the bad reputation about blizzard's gorilla standards
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2018-03-19 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    This just in: Blizzard wants their work to actually be appreciated and properly played.

Granted, they hugely missed the mark on worgen, I'll give you that, but Blizzard themselves have mentioned their misstep there. Otherwise, I honestly really like the Kul Tiran females and the modern troll females more than an alternative with less sexual dimorphism. I would not personally play a Kul Tiran female if she was built like a refrigerator door, or a troll if she looked like a droopy male troll with boobs.
    The fem Worgen weren't sexy enough so Blizzard made them sexier by making them look like a halloween costume.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."