Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    Apparently Titan A.E. Is Disney also...so the Drej are absorbed by a planet creating ship.
    The Drej were one of the most acceptable villain targets in all of Disney history. A completely alien species (not even corporeal like the rest) that wiped out Earth and then hunted down human survivors because they 'might pose a threat' in the future.

Assholes deserved to be turned into fuel for New Earth.

Every variation of Tarzan is different...I thought in the Disney film they died of illness?
    In the first disney movie they are definitely killed by the jaguar. There is blood on the floor and the place is wrecked iirc. The jaguar even attacks Tarzan's gorilla mom.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The Drej were one of the most acceptable villain targets in all of Disney history. A completely alien species (not even corporeal like the rest) that wiped out Earth and then hunted down human survivors because they 'might pose a threat' in the future.

Assholes deserved to be turned into fuel for New Earth.
    Meh, I could see humans doing the exact same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Titan A.E. Is Disney also...so the Drej are absorbed by a planet creating ship.
    I dunno about it being a Disney Film considering it was made by Fox Animation Studios in direct competition to Disney but taking into account that Disney did buy a bunch of Fox's stuff a couple of months ago it might be classed as one now. It was definitely one of the more brutal ways for a whole race of villains to die but they did deserve it.

Are we talking the live version of Beauty and the Beast or the animated one? In the animated one, Gaston dies- right before/during his fall there are skulls appearing in his eyes.
    I was talking about the Live Action one as it's the most recent one I've seen and I can't for the life of me remember all of the animated one after having not seen it in years.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I think you guys misunderstood what i meant by "disney".. you guys are talking about marvel and star wars stuff.. I just mean the cartoon or animated movies

Maleficent got all snicker-snacked by Prince Swordboy.
    This is, in fact, the best short description of a movie ending I've ever read.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    This is, in fact, the best short description of a movie ending I've ever read.
    Uhh, you're welcome? I honestly couldn't remember any other discerning features about the Prince other than he was apparently amazing enough with swords to slash his way through a giant thorny forest and kill a dragon solo. He's pretty damn forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    If you have seen any of the newer Star Wars films or a Marvel film you have seen a Disney movie
    1.) talked about animated disney movies, 2.) Didn't saw any Star Wars movie after the original trilogy and 3.) didn't saw any marvel-movie since Iron Man 1-3.

So yes, i didn't saw any disney-movie in ages (but all in all i don't watch movies very often).

I'm trying to remember the latest animated (3d and 2d) Disney movies ... where 1. a strong, intimidating villain maybe even 2. steals the spotlight from the hero and 3. dies brutally.
    Let's see .... Frozen: 1? nope 2? nope 3? nope
    Moana: 1 2 and 3 are a nope
    Zootopia? 1 2 and 3 are a nope again

Frozen and Zootopia have a last-minute twist of who the real villain is, Moana as it turn out doesn't even have one ( i don't count the crab, he may be big and selfish, but is neither impressive nor evil).
    So their big bads are not strong and/or intimidating, don't steal the heroes spotlight, usually get locked up or persuaded to stop and are rather forgetable.
    I'll remember Ratigan, the Evil Stepmother, Cruella, Ursula, Frollo, Dr. Facilier ...but .. whats that mutton-chops name from Zootopia again? Or Magmamonster from Moana?

Edit: Had Ursula mentioned twice, replaced her one with Frollo
    Last edited by segara82; 2018-03-20 at 08:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

I mean, it's a mixed bag in the old movies too. Jaffar was just trapped in a genie bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey while i was geowing up during the 90's it felt like disney killed off their villains in very brutal ways in almost all movies, Do they still do that? I have not watched a disney movie for quite a while now.
    depends. Are they still stealing the plots of fairy tales? then yes, because fairy tales were never nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh, you're welcome? I honestly couldn't remember any other discerning features about the Prince other than he was apparently amazing enough with swords to slash his way through a giant thorny forest and kill a dragon solo. He's pretty damn forgettable.
    Merryweather is the real hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Still Philip is one of the few Disney Princes who actually seems more important to the story than the girl.
    He did have to contend with all the powers of hell! and to the subject of the thread made the villain bleed, which is not often seen in disney. I don't know that he was not memorable as much as overshadowed by the villain who got all the good lines.

Elsa and Anna's parents survived! It was confirmed that they washed up on Africa and wound up having Tarzan, despite technology not seeming to match up very well...
    sooo, they got a reprieve then? Seeing as Tarzan's parents were mauled to death by a Jaguar.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Lady Tremane (? Evil Stepmother) lives but I haven’t seen the other 2 movies that follow up with Cinderella. Cruella also lives in both animated and alive action (though she somehow lives when shoved into a industrial cupcake oven).
    wait, what? I could have sworn Cruella died in a fiery car crash when she drove her limo off a cliff while chasing the dalmations. Granted, it's probably been 30 odd years since I watched the animated movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, that was just the main character having delusions as his brain crystallized. Titan A.E. actually ended about 10 minutes into the movie when the guy ejects himself into empty space without a space suit. That would have killed him right then and there. The rest of the movie is just his brain having wild fantasies as he dies. I mean, how else to you explain 40 foot tall giant MANUAL mechanical circuit breakers on a ship technologically advanced enough to terraform an entire planet in a mater of weeks. That's about a dumb as a hand crank on a warp core.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2018-03-22 at 05:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every variation of Tarzan is different...I thought in the Disney film they died of illness?
    They're killed by a leopard.

Anyway, the only "unnecessary" villain deaths (if a "necessary" death can exist) I can recall are from Tangled and Up (though Up is pixar, not technically Disney.)

Usually a villain's death should serve the story in some way as a form of comeuppance; the villain's deaths in those just seemed somewhat incongruous.

Though it is worth noting that many Disney movies don't have their villains die; Hades in Hercules, Jaffar in Aladdin, Yzma in Emperor's New Groove, Stromboli in Pinocchio, Captain Hook in Peter Pan. Those are just off the top of my head; I'm sure there are more.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2018-03-22 at 05:45 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.