Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Animaneth View Post
    The last expansions have acted like comic books, the end of arc has a at least one plot hole or missing part that is enough to warrant a story continuation. The thing is, this open "endings" are written in such a fashion that they are "we need to act now!" kind of endings... I agree that at this point, a random tauren living in the middle of Kalimdor or a simple human living in Redridge sees a broken planet in the sky and just says "crap! time to do new dailies!"
    They could easily have had multiple years gaps between all of the recent expansions. Have Garrosh take some time to build up trust and forces on alt!Draenor, Gul'dan take some time to get to Illidan and prepare to open the portals, have the whole Azerite deal start of more slowly. Things already don't happen in real time, with most expansions taking less time in lore than in the real world.

Deleted
    Well the thing is, it wouldn't fit with the plot. The whole premise of the 'bigger' forces warring on Azeroth (-> Old Gods) is that there has to be constant war and killing so they can get stronger and to keep us occupied, so we never foil their plan. And additionally to keep us manageable in number. But we keep getting new guys from outer space. That's good on one hand, because then threre's more people to add to the confusion and hatred and more deaths and constant war, but on the other it's also important for them to keep the war going so we never get too many. And ofc always remain confused.
    If we were allowed to take a breather and actually look at our situation we'd swat them like flies before they can fully corrupt the Titan soul and then the Voidlords would be angry.

7+ Year Old Account
    while i agree more time should pass, like some good years, cause it is like we are suffocate with the events, don't even able to breath fresh air and fresh characters and plots, your idea of true peace is rly naive

order halls are not alliance and horde and they do not reflect the truth, factions will be in war and nothing will change that
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-03-20 at 01:01 PM.

Deleted
    I agree. Can't wait for the chronicle 3 official timeline FINALLY.

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree to a degree.

There is definitive need of a time skip.
    And actually i think after BfA is an even better point then after legion.

Both Sides will have heavy loses to their armies and population after the legion invasions and a world war and a war against the last old evils on azeroth in the form of Azhara and N'zoth. And depending on how the story goes, there might be no Horde/Alliance after this Expansion, but only separated racial factions. Then we take a time skip of, let's say 10 to 20 years.

And we start a expansion/WoW2 with new heroes and adventures against new enemies that have risen.

i would actually even argue for a time skip of over 50 years....

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Yup, as it is, warcraft surely could use some time skip. And them taking their time to think what direction they want to take this setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    i agree to a degree.

There is definitive need of a time skip.
    And actually i think after BfA is an even better point then after legion.

Both Sides will have heavy loses to their armies and population after the legion invasions and a world war and a war against the last old evils on azeroth in the form of Azhara and N'zoth. And depending on how the story goes, there might be no Horde/Alliance after this Expansion, but only separated racial factions. Then we take a time skip of, let's say 10 to 20 years.

And we start a expansion/WoW2 with new heroes and adventures against new enemies that have risen.

i would actually even argue for a time skip of over 50 years....
    TBF, in 50 WoW years the battle against the void will be either at hand or even over

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    I don't mean real world time. I mean in game time.
    First of all, thank you for clearing this up, because I was about to respond with a great deal of confusion here. lol.

Overall, I agree with some of what you are saying, but not nearly to the level you are talking about. Nor do I think a written truce would make sense after Legion, not in any aspect. "Hey, I know you caused Varian to die and left us to get slaughtered by the Legion, but it's totally cool. Let's be friends now." Not likely. They don't have to go to war immediately though, time could pass and tension could build for a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    I think it would be cool if there were stories about new friendships that were built over, say, a 15 year peace period.
    This however is ludicrous. 15 years? Not a chance. 2 years, maybe, especially since it lines up with the expansion timeframe. And that's for the entire Legion period, it would be about a year of relative peace, not a decade.

You have had something more than old grudges for a while though. MoP and WoD both focused on the factions working together against greater threats. Even Legion started this way. The faction war returning is a new thing in BfA, and is in a sense the first expansion to truly focus on it (since MoP was less focused on faction conflict, and more on pandaren problems and Garrosh rather than the Horde as a whole, the 5.1 patch being the sole exception).

Even Cataclysm focused on the bigger dangers over the faction squabbles (outside of a select few leveling zones), and WotLK and TBC just about ignored those struggles entirely, as did vanilla. The war has always taken a backseat to the greater threats, so if anything, I'm curious how it will play out as the primary focus of an expansion. I'm not sure it can work, to be completely honest.