Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    I'll just drop this here and slowly back away: https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/14/h...ntl/index.html
    I'll admit to using body wash, lip balm, hair products almost daily. I occasionally borrow some of my gf's stuff for bags under my eyes. I have wrinkle cream for my forehead. So yeah, I believe your link.

Here's the thing: for me, facial makeup is just not shaving for a couple days then using a hair trimmer. Most women don't have that luxury.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I don't mind, I believe that if people wish to use it, they should be allowed to.
    The question would have been better phrased like, "How is your attraction level affected when a person uses makeup?"

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    The question would have been better phrased like, "How is your attraction level affected when a person uses makeup?"
    Well, if the question was so, I would say, too much make up is a no go. Too bright make up is a no go.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, if the question was so, I would say, too much make up is a no go. Too bright make up is a no go.
    Bright makeup looks fine on certain skin tones, but otherwise /thumbs up.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    It can literally transform a women though.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Well, aren't you a wonderfully shallow person. I hope you find love.
    Me having my own principles and not judging makeup solely on how it looks (just to confirm though, I really do dislike how it looks) makes me a shallow person? Me not caring if other girls put shit on their faces as long as the girl next to me doesn't makes me shallow? Me liking a girl with a wonderful body? I guess that does make me shallow. Sorry for being a male human being.

(If you were referring to the part where I will say bye bye to the girl, it is because she is moving to Tokyo and I do not want to go through another long-distance relationship. It has nothing to do with the makeup. What I was trying to say, is that I went against my own principles and dated a girl that does wear makeup. And I've seen her face with and without makeup and admit that it does make some parts look better but ultimately I am against it. Thankfully, this relationship doesn't have any future in the first place and thus I don't need to hurt her by being honest or hurt myself by not being honest.)

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Who hurt you? You sound like someone with issues.
    My post probably came out much more negative than I had intended it to be. I've got a lot of issues (like being downright crazy and weird) but being hurt is not one of them.

I have however discussed this topic about makeup with a lot of my friends and with my girlfriends over the past 2 years and I've hurt quite a few people (unintentionally) by stating my honest opinion on makeup. And it's got to the point where people would instead attack me when we get to this topic and in response I get defensive and all (as you can see in my post) and bite immediately. But no offense was intended, I just sound grumpy like that. Peace.

OT: BTW, I was wondering the other day - I LOVE war paints on female characters but I dislike makeup. I really can't explain it to myself. I mean, both basically paint stuff on their faces right? Is it the colours? Is it the shapes? Is it the painted areas? Can't put my finger on it. If someone feels the same or has an idea why, please do share.
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2018-03-20 at 10:24 AM.

Deleted
    To be honest, as a man, if I had to wear make-up for whatever reason, I would rather get plastic surgery to get rid of 'problem' one and for all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    To be honest, as a man, if I had to wear make-up for whatever reason, I would rather get plastic surgery to get rid of 'problem' one and for all.
    THat creates a new and permanent problem in 5 years though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It can literally transform a women though.

No, this comparison is wrong. I barely know a shit about photography, yet I can see it's not issue of make-up, it's issue of something related to actual lens distance vs their diameter, zoom and whatnot.

Try using you very own smartfone and make a photo holding it close to your face, then keeping smartphone away, you will get similar results as in quoted photos - it 'bloats' the middle when too close, it's not abotu make-up.

Deleted
    false advertising. you have all these women who are below average in looks act like they are models just because they spend 2 hours putting shit on their real face to hide it. it's hilarious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    THat creates a new and permanent problem in 5 years though
    Not if surgery is done properly. Or maybe it does, I didn't get it yet, so no idea lol.

Still, having to do corrections every 5 years seems better than having to put make-up everyday. Probably also cheaper over 5 years, even if we go to extremes and take crazy high USA medical prices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makeup that makes you look better than without it is good,
    Fake boobs are better than no boobs,
    Neat clothes are better than wearing your elder brother's old favorit suit,
    Being polite even if you don't feel like being polite is good.

I may have missed something, but this are some of my strong believes

For women who are really good with make-up (to the point where it looks like they're not wearing any, but they probably have 3-6 different products on their face), I think it looks good.

If it "looks like makeup" then I don't like it.

Also, my wife wears minimal make-up, and often none at all. I'm fine with that.

I love natural beauty.
    Fk makeup.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I don't wear it as a man. I don't know or care if any other men wear it. Women use it in modest amounts to look presentable in public in the same way you'd brush your hair or trim your beard. Not doing it is laziness and while that's fine, it comes with social consequences. Too much, of course, looks tacky but that's the same way a man can look sleazy or overdone as well. Don't see the issue with it. It's a tool to look good and if you can't be bothered, that's cool and all but don't assume you'll get good attention from it.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Make up is exactly like jewelry: the purpose is to sublimate beauty, not creating beauty.

My main thought is that I'd personally never really given it much thought until it became a bizarre topic of obsession for some of the crankier MGTOWs, incels, and red-pillers. The anger some people express over someone doing something to try to look nice is just an utterly foreign emotion to me.

I'm not sure really. It's a personal choice designed to affect the opinion of others, usually without them realising; It's an annoying blend of morality issues.

I'm am sure, though, that in personal life I'm A-OK with it.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2018-03-20 at 11:58 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Personally, I don't really like makeup, the less the better. I date women who wear little or no makeup, luckily, there's plenty of them, but I'd never make a girl not wear it.

Is it time for the monthly thread where dude-bros bitch about makeup being "lying"?

Hate it, I've only dated people that wear little to no makeup.